RCI lift and shift

So I’ve been told by my agent that I can roll my deposit to any cruise next year under RC’s terms.

Thats something I didn’t know because I thought the agent keeps the deposit.

Also the agent said there won’t be any cruises this year but they have to wait for the cruise line to cancel .

I finally have some faith in agents again.

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

So I’ve been told by my agent that I can roll my deposit to any cruise next year under RC’s terms.

Thats something I didn’t know because I thought the agent keeps the deposit.

Also the agent said there won’t be any cruises this year but they have to wait for the cruise line to cancel .

I finally have some faith in agents again.

Hey Chili, sort of the same story with Celebrity. We couldn't "Lift & Shift" so had to cancel and re-book. Because we had bookked at future cruises while on board we had a ridiculously low deposit so we had to top that up to a normal deposit (fully refundable) and we booked under a promotion so we lost some OBC but got WIFI in addition to the Classic drinks and prepaid gratuities we already had. Also the new cruise is 3 days longer so it will cost more.

14 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Hey Chili, sort of the same story with Celebrity. We couldn't "Lift & Shift" so had to cancel and re-book. Because we had bookked at future cruises while on board we had a ridiculously low deposit so we had to top that up to a normal deposit (fully refundable) and we booked under a promotion so we lost some OBC but got WIFI in addition to the Classic drinks and prepaid gratuities we already had. Also the new cruise is 3 days longer so it will cost more.

I didn’t think we had that option Lyle,with a agent.

So I think I will roll my serenade December 2020 to Ovation December 2021 And  pay the difference.

Just for information,I will share my experience with rolling a cruise over to next year.

Our group had 4 cabins booked on serenade of the seas for December 2020.

There wasn’t a cruise we could lift and shift to but Royal Caribbean along with celebrity and Azamara  gives a credit for the deposit.Even through a agent.

Our agent said to cancel and book something next year and use the credit.

So we booked Ovation at a higher price which was OK as it was a longer cruise.

SO THE CATCH.

We got a booking deposit fee of $200 each and where told we have to wait for Royal Caribbean to process the credit . I suppose the original deposit will come off the balance or a credit on cruise planner.

It Just didn’t turn out the way it was explained.

But we are happy ,because the ovation cruise is heavily booked and we got a good cabin.

Edited by Chiliburn

We did a similar move on Celebrity Chili. The "lift and shift" choices both went the wrong way. We decided to go with a longer cruise that did go the right way. We had to pay more for the longer cruise and in order to get the larger veranda we dropped from concierge class. The new cabin is 2 decks directly below the original one (it wasn't available). 3 extra days were about $1,000.00 more and we had to top up the deposit.

1 minute ago, Blackduck59 said:

We did a similar move on Celebrity Chili. The "lift and shift" choices both went the wrong way. We decided to go with a longer cruise that did go the right way. We had to pay more for the longer cruise and in order to get the larger veranda we dropped from concierge class. The new cabin is 2 decks directly below the original one (it wasn't available). 3 extra days were about $1,000.00 more and we had to top up the deposit.

Well Im happy we got our foot in the door for next year as if cruises start I think they will fill up quickly.The one we booked ,there wasn’t a lot available.

Just got details of the original deposit,it will be taken off the final payment.