Crystal Refund Roll Call

SusieQft

28 minutes ago, caroak said:

I spoke to a Crystal agent yesterday (day 106) to, once again, inquire about our refund which was cancelled on March 4 and supposedly processed on March 16.  After a long hold while the agent checked, I was told they are now refunding March 1-17 cancellations. 

Carole

The 90-day proviso was announced on March 18, so apparently Crystal admits they are still working on refunds originating before the announcement.  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MightyQuinn said:

I'm happy to report some good news!  We cancelled an open booking and requested a refund on March 14.  It was credited back to AMEX today June 19.

Congratulations - happy for you.

I am still waiting from both Seabourn & Crystal while had no trouble with refunds from Oceania (4) and some others.

So much for “luxury” cruise lines - if there ever will be cruising in the future I will do without “luxury”.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MightyQuinn said:

I'm happy to report some good news!  We cancelled an open booking and requested a refund on March 14.  It was credited back to AMEX today June 19.

So nice to hear some good news, good on you MightyQuinn for letting us know.

I am still waiting on our refund but sometimes things our out of your control, maybe we should take a breath and think about what is going on in the world rather than our next holiday. I will be sure to let you all know once we receive our refund.

• Like 3

Grand Journey:  Northern European Grandeur

Crystal Symphony

July 25-August 19,  2020  London to Amsterdam

Crystal notification of trip cancellation

May 19, 2020

Requested refund via crystalcruises.com/requestrefund as noted on cancellation email

May 19, 2020

Now 30 days with 60 more to go (hopefully)

• Thanks 1

On 6/14/2020 at 5:01 PM, TER777 said:

Yes, everyone but me. Why not me? It may be because I inquired via my TA if I could transfer the funds to another cruise instead of receiving a refund. As far as I know, that has not been done yet either. Or it may be because alphabetically t I'm last, or I booked the lowest cabin category, or ....

TER777, have you received your booking confirmation yet?  That should not have taken any longer than a day or two, and sounds to me more like an issue with the TA than with Crystal.  Since this is not really a cash refund issue, I removed your entry from the spreadsheet.

Edited by SusieQft

On 6/3/2020 at 11:08 PM, PaulCG said:

Escalated directly with Crystal who have said they processed my refund on 20th May and I should be receiving it soon. TA not received notice of the refund - no refunds of any description received as of today. Will update as soon as I receive anything. 

PaulCG, this was 2 1/2 weeks ago.  Have you still not received anything?  In the UK, does your refund have to go to the TA instead of to you?  Do you think that might be part of the problem?

1 hour ago, SusieQft said:

PaulCG, this was 2 1/2 weeks ago.  Have you still not received anything?  In the UK, does your refund have to go to the TA instead of to you?  Do you think that might be part of the problem?

It is in the final process and I will update when I get the refund - should be any day. 

• Thanks 1

SusieOft,

Thank you for doing this.  I noticed that the "Days since request" field for my entry is now blank, could you kindly fix this.  And there have been no updates since my initial request.

Thank you

• Thanks 1

We had a July 19th cruise, 12 nights out of Venice. We canceled on 4/13 and hadn't heard much of anything. Shortly thereafter the cruise was officially cancelled. On Thursday I filed a complaint with American Express and within 24 hours Crystal has refunded my card minus $200. I suspect that's the best way to go for most. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ashvid said:

We had a July 19th cruise, 12 nights out of Venice. We canceled on 4/13 and hadn't heard much of anything. Shortly thereafter the cruise was officially cancelled. On Thursday I filed a complaint with American Express and within 24 hours Crystal has refunded my card minus $200. I suspect that's the best way to go for most. 

Thank you for this update. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ashvid said:

I filed a complaint with American Express and within 24 hours Crystal has refunded my card minus $200.

Are you sure it was from Crystal, or was it a temporary credit from Amex pending their investigation?

2 hours ago, sierrafloridacruiser said:

Thank you for this update. 

Definitely from Crystal, I disputed the original charge and they refunded $200 less. AMEX confirmed this is settled with the merchant and not a temp credit. 

ash

• Thanks 1

I’ve been waiting 106 days for a refund am going to take it up with my credit card company. It’s my first time disputing a charge like this. Did you challenge the total charge or did you make note of the $200 penalty in your claim? Thanks!

20 minutes ago, cruisewmn said:

I’ve been waiting 106 days for a refund am going to take it up with my credit card company. It’s my first time disputing a charge like this. Did you challenge the total charge or did you make note of the $200 penalty in your claim? Thanks!

I challenged the full amount. 

SusieQft and others, good news! I received our refund today for our April 23rd Danube cruise, a 75% credit that showed up on my AMEX card this morning.  Without checking my notes, I believe we requested refund on March 10th. The other two couples who were to sail with us have not received anything yet, but our mutual TA says they should shortly. 

Edited by sierrafloridacruiser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello all!

We were traveling with our daughter and son-in-law (SIL): 

Scheduled sail date: 6/7/20

We both cancelled: 3/12/20 - 75% refund / 25% FCC

Our refund processed: 6/21/20  101 days

The amounts were not what we expected based on our TA invoice from our cancellation or credited to the credit card expected, but the total refunded was 74.4% of the total amount paid. So we can call it good. I am so relieved. One down. 

We are still awaiting our daughter and SIL's refund, we have been told by our TA it was processed yesterday, we'll see. 

• Thanks 1

I Called Crystal today as I am now over 100 days with no refund.   What they said:   They are still processing cancellations from early March and my refund is showing as pending.  They admit it was supposed to be done by now, but that they are still far behind on refunds.   Sadly, I will give them another week, then call AMEX and start a dispute.   

• Thanks 1

We cancelled on March 12. Today, on day 103 we received notice from AMEX that Crystal has refunded our deposit. Our TA advised us on Friday that Crystal notes on their website that “some” refunds are taking longer than 90 days. 
It does appear that Crystal is indeed processing refunds in chronological order, however taking longer than the 90 days. I must say I’m relieved and more hopeful and optimistic about Crystals’ long term viability.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, krb1000 said:

We cancelled on March 12. Today, on day 103 we received notice from AMEX that Crystal has refunded our deposit. Our TA advised us on Friday that Crystal notes on their website that “some” refunds are taking longer than 90 days. 
It does appear that Crystal is indeed processing refunds in chronological order, however taking longer than the 90 days. I must say I’m relieved and more hopeful and optimistic about Crystals’ long term viability.

Just to clarify, Is you conclusion that they processing in order of cancellation date?