Jump to content

Crystal Refund Roll Call


SusieQft
 Share

Recommended Posts

Date cruise was to sail: June 7, 2020

Date of refund request: March 12, 2020 -- 75% refund 25% FCC

No refund as of June 15, 2020

 

We received our 75% refund June 25, 2020, day 105. The amount received was the amount we were expecting. The information above is from comment #200.

 

Thank you so much for providing the spreadsheet with the refund information. This refund process has been beyond frustrating and has tarnished our impression of Crystal. At this point, I have serious doubts that we will ever use that 25% FCC.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Crystal found a way to get 120-day interest-free loans from us :).

My refund was approved in writing on March 25, 2020. Day 91 - no refund yet.

Crystal now claims 120 days refund processing time.

 

I got a word from my excellent TA today that Crystal extended their time-frame for refunds from 90 days to 120 days: 

"Crystal ... advising it could extend up to 120 days for total refund processing."

Her company is a high volume producer for Crystal.

Since I did not get a refund after 90 days, her travel agency contacted Crystal trying to expedite  my refund.

Crystal does not take expedited requests any longer and extended refund time-line to 120 days now.

 

Crystal found an easy way to get interest-free loans for at least 120 days at the expense of it's guests.

Any business looking for a long term operation usually would want to keep it's customer base happy or at least not to offend.

Crystal starting with 60-day refund promise, then extending to 90 days and now 120 days does not look trustworthy to me and not customer-oriented.

I hope that Crystal survives financially but Crystal might be in more financial trouble than they let on.

There is no other cruise line with 120 days (4 months!) refund time-line and 120 days is still just another promise.

 

Note: Credit card companies resolve disputes in 45 days max and a temp credit is given in 1-2 business days.

Edited by Sdancer
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello Susie and thanks for compiling this info.

 

Scheduled sail date June 13, 2021

I cancelled on March 5, 2020, requested refund of deposit (less Admin fee).  Was told in writing that the refund would be processed within 90 days.  I thought, whoa, that is a long time but ok fine.

To date I have not received a refund.

 

I was just thinking yesterday, oh good I should be getting that money back around next week, then I got the vague email yesterday.  Very disappointing.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

sail date 8/30/20                                                                                                                                                                                                        crystal cancelled 5/14/20                                                                                                                                                                                      ask for 100% refund  5/16/20                                                                                                                                                                                no refund 6/29/20

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2020 at 11:47 PM, Sdancer said:

Crystal found a way to get 120-day interest-free loans from us :).

My refund was approved in writing on March 25, 2020. Day 91 - no refund yet.

Crystal now claims 120 days refund processing time.

 

I got a word from my excellent TA today that Crystal extended their time-frame for refunds from 90 days to 120 days: 

"Crystal ... advising it could extend up to 120 days for total refund processing."

Her company is a high volume producer for Crystal.

Since I did not get a refund after 90 days, her travel agency contacted Crystal trying to expedite  my refund.

Crystal does not take expedited requests any longer and extended refund time-line to 120 days now.

 

Crystal found an easy way to get interest-free loans for at least 120 days at the expense of it's guests.

Any business looking for a long term operation usually would want to keep it's customer base happy or at least not to offend.

Crystal starting with 60-day refund promise, then extending to 90 days and now 120 days does not look trustworthy to me and not customer-oriented.

I hope that Crystal survives financially but Crystal might be in more financial trouble than they let on.

There is no other cruise line with 120 days (4 months!) refund time-line and 120 days is still just another promise.

 

Note: Credit card companies resolve disputes in 45 days max and a temp credit is given in 1-2 business days.

 

There is hope. I got my credit today!

 

SusieQft please note my credit arrived 6/29 (112 days after my cancellation)

Edited by mskatiemae
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have not previously posted on the topic of refunds in this thread or the other related threads because I believed that Crystal would honor its commitment to refund what was owed to me within 90 days of receiving my request.  I had paid approximately $48000. for 6 of us to cruise on the July 19, 2020 Venice to Rome cruise on Serenity.  The refund statement from Crystal is dated April 1, 2020 (please, no April Fools Day jokes).

From Mr. Wolber's letter it is obvious that I will not be receiving my refund within the 90 days promised. It is also obvious to me that Crystal must be having a financial crunch, otherwise we would all have received refunds promptly, say within 30 days, rather than first being told we would need to wait 90 days.  I have to agree with the other posters on this thread and other threads that this is no way to treat customers, let alone my group of 6 loyal Crystal customers,  who have each been on 12 previous Crystal cruises.  As I have waited nearly 90 days at this point, I will give Crystal another 30 days before asking Chase to refund the total charge made on my credit card.  

Will this make me say that I will not cruise on Crystal again?  "No", because I love almost everything about cruising on Symphony and Serenity, but especially the crew and how they treat my friends and myself every time we are on board.  

However, given what is happening with the refund process, I am not confident that Crystal will be in business for much longer.

 

Marc

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/24/2020 at 9:38 AM, CaliforniaAlan said:

scheduled sail date 4/25/20
Crystal cancelled 3/19/20, requested 100% refund on 3/23/20

no refunds as of 6/24/20

 


 

 I cancelled my Oct 8th cruise on 3/20/20. They e-mail me my reservation receipt with the language "cancelled 3/30 and then 3/30 refund" and showed my deposit noted as refunded.  This money has never made it to my CC. Card companies stopped answering the phone a while ago so now I and trying to solve this by mail.  Once resolved I will work on cancelling my 2022 cruise with Crystal.  Horrible company.  Bet the stockholders still earning.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, CUTTERSAM said:

 I cancelled my Oct 8th cruise on 3/20/20. They e-mail me my reservation receipt with the language "cancelled 3/30 and then 3/30 refund" and showed my deposit noted as refunded.  This money has never made it to my CC. Card companies stopped answering the phone a while ago so now I and trying to solve this by mail.  Once resolved I will work on cancelling my 2022 cruise with Crystal.  Horrible company.  Bet the stockholders still earning.

The “cancelled 3/30/refund 3/30 is just Crystal’s way of stating that the booking has gone from a confirmed booking to a cancelled booking and the process of refunding you has started.  Call Crystal and ask for the status yourself or have your TA call. Did you get the email from Tom Wolber mentioned in another thread?  My guess is your refund hasn’t even been processed yet.

Edited by cruisr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry, was unable to edit my original posting so submitting again.  I had requested by refund on March 9, 2020 and finally saw it posted to my credit card account on June 26, 2020.  What I don't know is if that was just because of a regular credit posting, or if it was because I questioned the charge with Chase in late June or if it was due to the letter I sent to Crystal in mid-June.  In any event, I was fully refunded the amount that I was expecting which was the full cruise fare less the $100 per person admin fee.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Cancelled 2022 WC on March 17, received confirmation from Crystal on 03/17/2020.

Requested  full cash refund on the deposit . My travel agent called Crystal on 06/09 and was told refund will be around 06/17. As of today ... day 104. No refund yet. 

 

Cancelled 2020 May 24 cruise, fully paid. Requested cash refund on 04/02/2020, confirmed by Crystal on 04/09/2020. No refund yet. Today at 84 days. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, pooch1 said:

 

Cancelled 2022 WC on March 17, received confirmation from Crystal on 03/17/2020.

Requested  full cash refund on the deposit . My travel agent called Crystal on 06/09 and was told refund will be around 06/17. As of today ... day 104. No refund yet. 

 

Cancelled 2020 May 24 cruise, fully paid. Requested cash refund on 04/02/2020, confirmed by Crystal on 04/09/2020. No refund yet. Today at 84 days. 

Did your TA and/or you receive the email from Tom Wolber?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did receive the email from Tom Wolber on 06/26. The funny thing is I used to receive promotions and news from Crystal but since March I did not received anything from them. I checked my profile and found all the check marks were gone, so I re - check them and hopefully everything will be fine. Thanks to the people who post the promotion + all others news on this board so I was pretty much updated . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pooch1 said:

I did receive the email from Tom Wolber on 06/26. The funny thing is I used to receive promotions and news from Crystal but since March I did not received anything from them. I checked my profile and found all the check marks were gone, so I re - check them and hopefully everything will be fine. Thanks to the people who post the promotion + all others news on this board so I was pretty much updated . 

Well, if you received the email from Tom Wolber at least you know he basically said, they missed the 90 day deadline and will probably being having “challenges” for a while.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To update my booking,  I did receive a refund,  but it was from Chase, not Crystal. At day 105, I instituted a dispute. By this morning, day 106, the credit is in my account. I assume it is a conditional credit as they will have to contact Crystal. It is for the same amount that Crystal processed on March 16, so I doubt Crystal will contest it. 
     Thanks again, SusieQ for posting the spreadsheet. It was really helpful for both our Regent and Crystal refund updates.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, ScarlettMick said:

Sorry, was unable to edit my original posting so submitting again.  I had requested by refund on March 9, 2020 and finally saw it posted to my credit card account on June 26, 2020.  What I don't know is if that was just because of a regular credit posting, or if it was because I questioned the charge with Chase in late June or if it was due to the letter I sent to Crystal in mid-June.  In any event, I was fully refunded the amount that I was expecting which was the full cruise fare less the $100 per person admin fee.

If you want to know if the refund came directly from Crystal vs through Chase, you can go onto the Chase site and under account services, click "track my disputes".  It will show what stage the dispute is in.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Benita said:

If you want to know if the refund came directly from Crystal vs through Chase, you can go onto the Chase site and under account services, click "track my disputes".  It will show what stage the dispute is in.  

 

Filed the dispute and only 20 minutes on hold.  Good to know I can track it online.  Thanks.

 

Carole  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fully paid cruise - Scheduled Sail date end Nov 2020

Cancelled April 14 - (well within the full refund period).......No refund processed as yet July 1!

No word from Crystal.  

 

I cancelled this cruise and intend to cancel yet another booking we have for 2021.

 

Were given 5 figure FCC(future cruise credit) for our cancelled March 2020 round trip Hong Kong trip.    

Beyond disappointed with Crystal and it's fine-print ONE-WAY loyalty program.  Why were we given a FCC vs FCP (future cruise payment?)    FCC has many restrictions including the fact that it can only be applied towards one booking... So if we book a cruise less expensive than the 5 figures involved...we forfeit the remainder....   WHY?     With FCP that money can be used on multiple bookings.  HAATE BEING NICKLED AND DIMED...  HATE BEING TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF...  HATE BEING CORNERED          Why???  Why the hand cuffs?  (((We have sailed Crystal at least 3-4 weeks every year for over ten years))).  We willingly spend our monies with them, why take advantage and put the squeeze on loyal regular customers?

 

Well, they'll lose a lot more money via lost future revenues ...  cause that FCC will be the last cruise we take with Crystal... and I'll make damn sure to choose my destination to match the dollar value of FCC because, on principle, I refuse to leave a single dime in their money grubbing hands.    OPPORTUNISTS...because they can.      Sad / Disappointed / Disgusted

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, avalon1025 said:

Every morning is like Christmas,  I wake up all excited and run down to check my credit card to see if I received a refund!    ...111 days no refund

I filed a credit card dispute on day 105. Money was back on the card on day 106. Crystal has 35 days to dispute it, but as Crystal cancelled the cruise and issued the refund calculation, I doubt they will. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Susie-

For the spreadsheet:

Cancelled 2022 ATW on 3/16. Requested full refund of deposits paid.

Cancellation refund notice received from Crystal 3/18. 

Word from TA on 6/18 at the 90 days, is our refund is "batched" to be completed by July 1.

No email received from Tom. 

Today July 2, nothing. Except another empty promise from Crystal saying ABOUT 120 days and they MIGHT have it done. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/29/2020 at 12:01 PM, cruisr said:

The “cancelled 3/30/refund 3/30 is just Crystal’s way of stating that the booking has gone from a confirmed booking to a cancelled booking and the process of refunding you has started.  Call Crystal and ask for the status yourself or have your TA call. Did you get the email from Tom Wolber mentioned in another thread?  My guess is your refund hasn’t even been processed yet.

Spoke once to the TA from the Crystal site and emailed him a couple of times only to get an automated reply.  I get all sorts of junk from Crystal now I am so frustrated with them I don't even read it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...