Jump to content

Crystal Refund Roll Call


Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

 

I know a number of excellent TA's with a lot of experience in dealing with Crystal who are struggling to get an accurate answer out of their contacts at Crystal. I think this is one time when "who you know" doesn't make a whole lot of difference on how guests are treated

That was my point in above post #519 - agents are told to tell lies by the company.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Are you sure that Seabourn are really any better at refunds? - I think I still see some disgruntled guests on there awaiting refunds. I don't think any of the cruise lines are perfect on their performance with refunds

 

Just had a chance to update myself on current status on that "other line" - there's a long 29 page thread that suggests they aren't perfect

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

 

Just had a chance to update myself on current status on that "other line" - there's a long 29 page thread that suggests they aren't perfect

 

Let me give you my SB experience. We cancelled our cruise before SB did and thus received FCC instead of refund - fair enough. They also offered to compensate people for air fee changes as the itinerary was changed before it was cancelled.

I filled out the required form and they accepted my claim for $2446 but wanted to pay me in FCC. That is not the way to compensate that type of expense - it should be just like shore excursions and taxes that were paid back in cash to CC.

After a stalemate with the agents, I emailed to their brand new president who replied to me THE SAME DAY and later after checking into it agreed with me and agreed to compensate me in cash (as it should be) - all in one day. Since then I have also received another email from him personally on a Sunday morning at 8 AM and later a phone call from his assistant with apologies and confirmation of the cash refund.

Would Crystal president do this? I think not. That is how a luxury line should behave.

Disclaimer - I have no status with SB but you can bet I'd book with them again without hesitation - can't say that about Crystal.

Edited by Paulchili
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stickman1990 said:

 

Just had a chance to update myself on current status on that "other line" - there's a long 29 page thread that suggests they aren't perfect

Stickman I purposely never mentioned Seabourn as I know how you feel about Seabourn. Also I never said that Seabourn were perfect it was just that what I have seen recently the seemed to be more people waiting for their money returned from Crystal than people awaiting on Seabourn. Maybe Crystal had more passengers

I cant complain with Seabourn in the way they handled everything on the ship with our early departure even from changing our flights home from Adelaide to NZ instead of leaving from Sydney. All the non refundable OBC was credited back to my Bankcard, of which I wasnt expecting  as it was "free" money along with the other OBC which I had

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone else noticed that there is a very short list of people who insist on "beating the dead horse" concerning Crystal and their refund "situation"? There are people who pop up here and there, post once, and disappear back into the ether from which they came. This is just an observation. Not expecting more from a Cruise Critic board as I am getting exactly what I paid to be here - nada!

 

Patty

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Would Crystal president do this? I think not


No idea - which is pretty much as much of an idea as you have - or have you met Tom Wolber? 
 

I don’t presume to know how he operates and haven’t had the need to contact him 

 

BTW - good to see the new President at Seabourn is responding to customers - Did anyone figure out why the previous one left? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

Has anyone else noticed that there is a very short list of people who insist on "beating the dead horse" concerning Crystal and their refund "situation"? There are people who pop up here and there, post once, and disappear back into the ether from which they came. This is just an observation. Not expecting more from a Cruise Critic board as I am getting exactly what I paid to be here - nada!

 

Patty

 

Patty if you are referring to me I have actually met Stickman on a cruise and from his posts I saw that he has been waiting for over a hundred days for his refund which was fairly substantial amount thats why I was pleased for him he finally got it

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Thecat123 said:

 

Patty if you are referring to me I have actually met Stickman on a cruise and from his posts I saw that he has been waiting for over a hundred days for his refund which was fairly substantial amount thats why I was pleased for him he finally got it


Thanks for that - and it’s appreciated - nice to see you stopping by on the Crystal forums - maybe one day we’ll get you onboard a Crystal ship (somehow I suspect visitors are going to be a challenge moving forward)

 

Yes many of my refunds were over 100 days - some less though 

 

It’s’ definitely a good feeling to have them in hand - still a couple to come. I don’t think I’ll be alone in holding off booking too far into the future moving forward 

 

I just hope everyone, waiting for refunds from all lines, gets their money back soon, in a reasonable time frame 


Oh for the return of safe cruising - but alas I fear that’s sometime away yet 

Edited by Stickman1990
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Thecat123 said:

 

Patty if you are referring to me I have actually met Stickman on a cruise and from his posts I saw that he has been waiting for over a hundred days for his refund which was fairly substantial amount thats why I was pleased for him he finally got it

 

Actually I was referring to the more, shall we say, "anti" Crystal people. I don't even recall seeing your screen name. Obviously I wasn't as succinct as I could have been.

 

Patty

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:


No idea - which is pretty much as much of an idea as you have - or have you met Tom Wolber? 
 

I don’t presume to know how he operates and haven’t had the need to contact him 

 

BTW - good to see the new President at Seabourn is responding to customers - Did anyone figure out why the previous one left? 

The previous one, Rick Meadows, was asked to retire.  The powers that be were not happy with his leading the helm during these times I would guess.  Same for Orlando Ashford of HAL.  He was asked to retire the Same day as Rick.  They had a lot of people let go following the retirement.  Just as a 26 year Director of Sales for Crystal was let go so was a 20 year VP of sales at Seabourn.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

No idea - which is pretty much as much of an idea as you have - or have you met Tom Wolber? 
 

I don’t presume to know how he operates and haven’t had the need to contact him 

I have no idea either but if I were a betting man I would bet that if someone had success in getting their refund sped up with his help, we would have heard about it by now. By the looks of it on this board, it would make lots of people very happy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

 

Actually I was referring to the more, shall we say, "anti" Crystal people. I don't even recall seeing your screen name. Obviously I wasn't as succinct as I could have been.

 

Patty

I suspect that I am one of those people that you are referring to.

I am not here to troll Crystal.

I had posted several times before my first Crystal cruise as many first timers do. Afterwards I did a review of my cruise.

I have not been back till now and I have a legitimate reason to post here about my displeasure with Crystal's refund policy whether you like it or not.

Once I receive my refund, you will have your Crystalized board back along with your other fellow Crystalized cruisers.

I will no longer have any reason or desire to post here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

I suspect that I am one of those people that you are referring to.

I am not here to troll Crystal.

I had posted several times before my first Crystal cruise as many first timers do. Afterwards I did a review of my cruise.

I have not been back till now and I have a legitimate reason to post here about my displeasure with Crystal's refund policy whether you like it or not.

Once I receive my refund, you will have your Crystalized board back along with your other fellow Crystalized cruisers.

I will no longer have any reason or desire to post here.

 

Like I said in my original post, I'm getting what I pay for here which is nothing. You are more than welcome to post what and where you choose as long as you follow Cruise Critic's rules. Have a nice day!

Link to post
Share on other sites

After reading these posts and seeing people who canceled after me receive refunds, I put in a dispute today for our July 10th cruise for three people that we canceled on April 6th. I had to call Bank of America to do this as they only allow you to dispute 60 days ago online. It was easy to do, but they said it could take up to two billing cycles, not to exceed 90 days for an answer. But, my travel agency has not responded when I've asked for a status, so feel this is the only way at this point as I'm not able to get any updates. Hopefully, this will help...

Link to post
Share on other sites

That is my intention.
My 60-90 days expires next week.
One week after that I will request an update and if the reply is unsatisfactory I will commence ‘charge back’ proceedings.
The time for sympathy at Crystal has expired and I can see no point in messing about only to be fobbed off .. again!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the message that my travel agent received on July 21 from the Crystal Cruieses Resolution department about our refunds, which are now 130 days due:

 

"Thank you for your email.  

We apologize for this delay (name of my travel agent deleted). I hope we can get up to date soon on these refunds soon.

Warmly,

Valary A

Res Support"

 

That's not exactly an inspiring response from a luxury cruise line, particilarly as it was sent to our travel agent who works for one of if not the biggest retailer of Crystal Cruises in the world and is on their advisory board. 

 

What makes it even worse is that I talked two other couples into joining us on this cruise which would have been their first time sailing with Crystal. I doubt I will be able to talk then into trying Crystal again. In fact, I don't know if I can talk myself into sailing with Crystal again!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, commodoredave said:

Here is the message that my travel agent received on July 21 from the Crystal Cruieses Resolution department about our refunds, which are now 130 days due:

 

"Thank you for your email.  

We apologize for this delay (name of my travel agent deleted). I hope we can get up to date soon on these refunds soon.

Warmly,

Valary A

Res Support"

 

That's not exactly an inspiring response from a luxury cruise line, particilarly as it was sent to our travel agent who works for one of if not the biggest retailer of Crystal Cruises in the world and is on their advisory board. 

 

What makes it even worse is that I talked two other couples into joining us on this cruise which would have been their first time sailing with Crystal. I doubt I will be able to talk then into trying Crystal again. In fact, I don't know if I can talk myself into sailing with Crystal again!

Wow...that response is shocking, actually. "I hope" Why not give statistics on how many refunds they've processed, how many left to do, and what timeframe they are working on...that's pretty unacceptable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally............after filing a dispute with Amex, I received written confirmation today that Crystal issued credits on July 22nd.  This was for the cancelled 5/8 Symphony cruise, I requested a refund on 3/16.

 

Thank you SusieOft for the spreadsheet work.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checking in...we are at Day 134 and still NO REFUND. 

 

Repeated conversations between our (respected high volume luxury) Travel Agent and Crystal have deteriorated from "batched and ready to process" in early June as we were close to the 90 day mark, to "taking about 120 days"  when it didn't appear at 90 days,  and are now variations of "still pending" with flim-flam,  even with reaching out to Crystal's Director of Sales. 

Ours are 2 significant "5 figure amount" deposits for Around The World 2022.  So maybe our refunds keep getting pushed to the back of the line to settle initiated disputes, low dollar amount transactions, or earlier cancelled cruises?  Just sayin' since folks who cancelled after we did have been refunded.

We have been trying to get a dispute initiated as Crystal continues to mislead customers.

 

When the time comes to cruise again, we will not be sailing Crystal, as many others have also stated. 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We spoke with Chase (Sapphire) today to confirm that in fact we have received our refund requested on 4/2.   Indeed so.  $4,812, leaving the $1,000 "Admin Fee" for a possible future cruise booking.  Official refund received 7/22.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Paulchili,

 

Sorry for the late response, but I don't bother coming on the board very often.

 

I filed my dispute with Capital One after I hit the 120-day mark.  Capital One indicated that they will apply a credit to my account by August 13th.  Still nothing from Crystal, so time will tell the validity of their statement

Link to post
Share on other sites

Update.  We are at 90 days.  Although the excel sheet says we disputed with our credit card - we have NOT (YET).  We just contacted our travel agent to say it's been 90 days and will see what happens.  

 

Just FYI - still no refund with Icelandic Air yet.  Also Tap Portugal (airline) charged us $70 to start a refund process that could take 18 weeks!  Unbelievable!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to hear some of you are starting to receive refunds 😀.

We hit 120 days today.... Although it would be great to receive a refund what really bugs me it the lack of communication by Crystal, every other day I receive emails about cooking and the like but very little about what's going on. We still have a deposit on another cruise but have left it as we wanted to show some support for the brand rather than kick them while their down but I am really starting to rethink this even if it means we will lose another $1000 in admin fees but will hold off for awhile longer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2020 at 1:09 PM, Travel2Learn said:

Received a nasty letter from Chase today.  If my card has a credit balance 2 months in a row, Chase will close the card.   However, making a separate  minimum deposit (adding to the credit???) will prevent the card from being closed.  In the past, they closed one of my cards because I hadn't used it for several months.   So if/when Crystal processes my refunds, it will get interesting to see what I need to do.  

I received the same strange letter from Chase. When I called them, they said they could refund the amount of my credit balance to my bank account.  I agreed to this. The next day I got a link from Chase to request this.  The next day the money was in my bank account.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Love.II.Cruise said:

Update.  We are at 90 days.  Although the excel sheet says we disputed with our credit card - we have NOT (YET).  We just contacted our travel agent to say it's been 90 days and will see what happens.  

 

Just FYI - still no refund with Icelandic Air yet.  Also Tap Portugal (airline) charged us $70 to start a refund process that could take 18 weeks!  Unbelievable!

 

Icelandic air are terrible, I have instigated a chargeback to recoup my money. If you check their facebook page it is awash with unhappy people waiting many months for refunds.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...