Jump to content

Crystal Refund Roll Call


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, mormi said:

I called Visa.  They told me that they were unable to accept a dispute as Crystal claims the refund is being processed

Being processed and receiving it are 2 very different things.

You should file a dispute as you do NOT have the refund yet. You'll get a temporary credit for it and when Crystal actually DOES refund the money the credit becomes permanent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mormi said:

I called Visa.  They told me that they were unable to accept a dispute as Crystal claims the refund is being processed.  Crystal has been telling me that I was in the processing queue for the past 2 months.  I booked through COSTCO and they are no help at all.

I paid with Visa and filed a dispute 90 days after cancelling and Visa accepted my dispute Without question and the next day gave me a provisional credit while they investigated. Finally received credit from Crystal at day 125 and provisional credit was reversed with a nice letter received from Visa explaining the resolution.
 

Visa explaining the resolution.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats. Even though it took a month from the dispute with Visa to receiving a credit from Crystal, it was a good resolution. You cancelled and not Crystal,  right?

I too am in "pending" land, "queue" land, TA "assurance" land, "temporary credit" land. To be quite honest, I have no idea when a refund will come to me and if so from where. I assume it's not "if". In any event. Hooray 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/11/19 I paid $200 onboard Serenity for an open advance booking.

We didn't use it so it automatically cancelled on 2/11/20.

3/13/20 my travel agent called Crystal and was told it was being refunded to my credit card.

6/25/20 she called and was told I should see it any day now.

8/3/20 was told still being processed and the agent would escalate to a supervisor.

8/27/20 filed a dispute with B of A on the card. It's way outside the statute limit but B of A has helped me out before. Fingers crossed.

 

This was our first cruise on Crystal, and any goodwill they had with me is long gone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am looking online at my credit card account.   I see a huge credit balance of the amount I paid.  It says nothing about being temporary or in any way limited.  Looks like I can spend every dollar.  I do not see the transaction yet but the money certainly appears to be there.  Am I missing something?  I am on an RV trip right now but can call in with questions.  Should I have a question?  It looks good to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cruizer Bill said:

I am looking online at my credit card account.   I see a huge credit balance of the amount I paid.  It says nothing about being temporary or in any way limited.  Looks like I can spend every dollar.  I do not see the transaction yet but the money certainly appears to be there.  Am I missing something?  I am on an RV trip right now but can call in with questions.  Should I have a question?  It looks good to me.

Just looking at the balance, you won't be able to tell if it is temporary or not.  You can certainly spend it on your card, and won't rack up any interest charges while doing so.  But if you try to get them to send you a check or transfer it to your bank, you will probably discover very quickly if it is temporary.  If you look at the individual transactions, you can usually tell.  You can also look at the dispute center page on the website, if there is one, and it will tell you the status of the dispute.  If the dispute is still open, the credit is temporary.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Being processed and receiving it are 2 very different things.

You should file a dispute as you do NOT have the refund yet. You'll get a temporary credit for it and when Crystal actually DOES refund the money the credit becomes permanent.

I would like to thank you for your advice about making a dispute with credit card. We booked Edenheavor 3 first cruises 50 days a long time ago and paid in full . Since April 6th Crystal cancelled all the cruises as the new ship is not ready we had no news from Crystal so A week ago I decide to make files 18 files for myself and my husband  !!!! also we paid in Euros so I had to calculate the change convertion us dollars with Euro ( my American Express card is in euros )and it seems it is working Crystal refunded 2  on my husband card  and make conditional payment on my card for 4 files 

That is a really really complicated situation with so many files to provide and make money conversions

That was a HUGE worry for us too so thank you all of you for all your advices

I am not sure to cruise again with Crystal  ad the way they handle this money refund is a shame we gave them  A LOT of money we trusted them and they don't show any personnal attention to our situation and worries  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SusieQft said:

Just looking at the balance, you won't be able to tell if it is temporary or not.  You can certainly spend it on your card, and won't rack up any interest charges while doing so.  But if you try to get them to send you a check or transfer it to your bank, you will probably discover very quickly if it is temporary.  If you look at the individual transactions, you can usually tell.  You can also look at the dispute center page on the website, if there is one, and it will tell you the status of the dispute.  If the dispute is still open, the credit is temporary.

So long as I can spend the money I am perfectly happy.  I just use this for all my spending.  I look forward to booking another cruise with this next year.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cruizer Bill said:

So long as I can spend the money I am perfectly happy.  I just use this for all my spending.  I look forward to booking another cruise with this next year.  

Just keep in mind that temporary does not mean guaranteed.  If for any reason Crystal prevails in the dispute, the temporary money will go away.  That is unlikely unless Crystal becomes insolvent....

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, pomponnette said:

it seems it is working Crystal refunded 2  on my husband card  and make conditional payment on my card for 4 files 

Did Crystal really refund 2 payments after a dispute entered only a week ago?  I think it is much more likely that all of them are temporary credits.  They announced on 8/19 that they are not paying other creditors, and are looking at restructuring their debt.  I have only heard of one person getting a refund since 8/19, and I suspect that one was either already in the pipeline, or possibly also a temporary credit confused with a final one.

 

I eagerly await news of confirmed refunds posted after 8/19.  I think they are most likely all on hold until they figure out this debt restructure deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SusieQft said:

Did Crystal really refund 2 payments after a dispute entered only a week ago?  I think it is much more likely that all of them are temporary credits.  They announced on 8/19 that they are not paying other creditors, and are looking at restructuring their debt.  I have only heard of one person getting a refund since 8/19, and I suspect that one was either already in the pipeline, or possibly also a temporary credit confused with a final one.

 

I eagerly await news of confirmed refunds posted after 8/19.  I think they are most likely all on hold until they figure out this debt restructure deal.

I just received an email from Crystal saying that they had "settled"" the first of two credit card charges. When I called CSR (they had given me two temporary credits) and asked them what "settled" meant. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, powlan said:

I just received an email from Crystal saying that they had "settled"" the first of two credit card charges. When I called CSR (they had given me two temporary credits) and asked them what "settled" meant. 

I just received a phone call from Crystal telling me that "settled" meant that it was indeed refunded. The woman in customer service didn't know about the second payment since that was handled in the accounting department. From

 

43 minutes ago, powlan said:

I just received an email from Crystal saying that they had "settled"" the first of two credit card charges. When I called CSR (they had given me two temporary credits) and asked them what "settled" meant. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChatKat in Ca. said:

My Amex says that my disputes are closed  and that the credit is from Crystal....

Fantastic!  I am glad to hear it.  Was the transaction date really 8/22, or is that just when you saw it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Hi SusieQft,

you have kindly added us on Line 54 of your spreadsheet. Could I point out that the original sail date should be 5/31/20.

You are doing a wonderful job and we are looking forward to seeing a number in column ‘F’ on both our cruises (see line 63) very soon!!
Ann & Paul. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Our cruise was the yacht cruise on the Crystal Endeavor.  Scheduled to sale on October 31st. Crystal cancelled our cruise on April 16th. Cruise was paid in full. We requested a refund. Still no refund and we are at 134 days. Finally filed a dispute on our Visa credit card one week ago. They said they would issue a provisional refund. Haven't seen that on our online account yet. Numerous phone calls to Crystal and been told that same thing for the past 30 days, "We are working on refunds from cancellations in March" We find that hard to believe since didn't MOST cancellations occur in March? That's pretty much when the world shut down. They haven't worked their way through March since March??? I see in the spreadsheet that people who cancelled AFTER us have received their refunds (usually after a CC dispute). We are hopeful VISA will make it right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2020 at 10:37 AM, ijkh said:

My personal opinion only:

It is easier and faster to file a credit card dispute for a cruise canceled BY Crystal.   It saves time for both you and the Crystal.   Think about no waiting on hold except for your bank or credit card company.   Crystal deals with it on paper only.  They don't waste precious staff time on the phone with it.   It is neat and tidy.  There is a neat paper trail.  

 

I do not think Crystal would ever recommend this to you because they want to hold as many dollars for as long as they can.    Still it is the best way for both parties.

 

It worked for our family.   It might work for yours.

Final is Crystal chose not to dispute the Chase Visa claim and mom is repaid all her money.  This is small potatoes compared to some of you but to my 87 year young mom it is huge.     I have no beef with Crystal at the moment.   This is just what works for the company during this unusual time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was reading this string about Crystal's poor responseto refunds.  I want to thank the cruiser who suggested contacting your bank for something called a chargeback.

I contacted Chase  a couple of weeks ago.  I received a check  today from Chase for my deposit.  Thank you, Chase Bank!!  Thank you to the cruiser who helped me.  

 

Many thanks, Geri 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have some progress!

 

  • I filed a credit card dispute on July 27th for our July 10th cruise that we canceled for a refund on April 6th after out return flight was cancelled (British Air refunded our FULL flight to/from in just three days!).
  • Received the full deposit and final payment temporary credits on 8/18 (when the case changed to researching on the credit card site).
  • August 26th received a refund from Crystal for the deposit minus $300 FCC ($100 pp).
  • Do not see a Crystal refund for the final payment, but I'm wondering if that won't be officially refunded from them as the amount is the same as what the credit card gave me as a credit (whereas the deposit has the $300 taken out) and what becomes permeant in 60 days unless Crystal disputes it?

Thanks again for tracking this Susie and all the recommendations on disputing it with the credit card!

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, krisbelledc said:

We have some progress!

 

  • I filed a credit card dispute on July 27th for our July 10th cruise that we canceled for a refund on April 6th after out return flight was cancelled (British Air refunded our FULL flight to/from in just three days!).
  • Received the full deposit and final payment temporary credits on 8/18 (when the case changed to researching on the credit card site).
  • August 26th received a refund from Crystal for the deposit minus $300 FCC ($100 pp).
  • Do not see a Crystal refund for the final payment, but I'm wondering if that won't be officially refunded from them as the amount is the same as what the credit card gave me as a credit (whereas the deposit has the $300 taken out) and what becomes permeant in 60 days unless Crystal disputes it?

Thanks again for tracking this Susie and all the recommendations on disputing it with the credit card!

Same here. Although different dates. I asked the woman in ressuport who's been monitoring my refund.She said that Crystal had settled my first payment less the penalty. She said it to me both in an email and in a phone call. The second refund is coming along. She said that she'd cc the confirmation to the accounting department for dates. To summarize, I have two temporary credits on my CSR credit card and assurances from Crystal. I'm pretty sure that I'll get the refunds.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Helenewe - Cancelled Crystal 2022 cruise on 3/30/2020 - large deposit of $33,000 toward 2022 world cruise. As of August 31, 2020 have not received any refund - 150 days and counting - Crystal confirmed the cancellation was received - promised payment in 90 days but that never occurred - still waiting 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lord Haw Haw said:

Just lodged a dispute in relation to our refund at 150+ days, wish I had done it sooner.

 

Lord Haw Haw, I really hope it works for you.  I remember you were so gracious when I posted about receiving our Crystal refund back in June.  At that time, you mentioned you had been waiting a similar timeframe and were hoping for the same result.  But alas no.  On the positive side, it seems that doing a merchant charge back does get a speedy resolution.  Best of luck!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...