Crystal Refund Roll Call

2 hours ago, MightyQuinn said:

Lord Haw Haw, I really hope it works for you.  I remember you were so gracious when I posted about receiving our Crystal refund back in June.  At that time, you mentioned you had been waiting a similar timeframe and were hoping for the same result.  But alas no.  On the positive side, it seems that doing a merchant charge back does get a speedy resolution.  Best of luck!

Thanks for your thoughts. I think once this passes we will only book cruises close to the sailing date.

23 minutes ago, truck driver said:

I waited to long to file the complaint 

That sounds really crazy!  What was the scheduled sailing date of your cruise?  It looks like the only possible rationale might be that it was too long either since you cancelled or since the sailing date?  I know that sometimes they impose a 90 (or maybe 60) day limit for hard goods purchased but not delivered, but obviously that is not fair for trips booked in the future.  Chase seems to be very quick to impose time limits.

6 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

That sounds really crazy!  What was the scheduled sailing date of your cruise?  It looks like the only possible rationale might be that it was too long either since you cancelled or since the sailing date?  I know that sometimes they impose a 90 (or maybe 60) day limit for hard goods purchased but not delivered, but obviously that is not fair for trips booked in the future.  Chase seems to be very quick to impose time limits.

April 21,2020

26 minutes ago, truck driver said:

April 21,2020

So that is now 132 days.  If you requested the refund a month before that, you would have been just over 3 months after the sail date when you disputed it with Chase.  This sounds like a warning to other Chase customers -- don't wait until Crystal has taken its own sweet time before you file the dispute.  I don't know if the same applies to other credit card companies.

Is the other $5700 still in dispute?  Was it not included in your letter because you were not too late to file that one, or because they did not accept the dispute on that one in the first place?

To:  Truck Driver

I have been dealing with Chase Sapphire Reserve for several weeks regarding $42000 + in cummulative charges for 4 cabins for a July 19, 2020 cruise that I cancelled on April 1, 2020.  After waiting 110 days for Crystal to refund my money, I filed a dispute with Chase.  They originally sent me a letter similar to yours stating that the dispute was too old.  However, they have a "second look" dispute team that I requested to look at my situation.  It took a few weeks, but since then I have had about $28000 permanently credited to my account by Chase. Still waiting on the other $14000.

Send Chase a Secure message asking for a relook, or call.

Marc

14 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

So that is now 132 days.  If you requested the refund a month before that, you would have been just over 3 months after the sail date when you disputed it with Chase.  This sounds like a warning to other Chase customers -- don't wait until Crystal has taken its own sweet time before you file the dispute.  I don't know if the same applies to other credit card companies.

Is the other $5700 still in dispute?  Was it not included in your letter because you were not too late to file that one, or because they did not accept the dispute on that one in the first place?

I don’t know why the $5700 wasn’t included they said it was also in the to long to file Timeframe 

i also asked them for documentation from 

who they contacted at crystal 

they said they don’t have that

16 minutes ago, Raptordash said:

To:  Truck Driver

I have been dealing with Chase Sapphire Reserve for several weeks regarding $42000 + in cummulative charges for 4 cabins for a July 19, 2020 cruise that I cancelled on April 1, 2020.  After waiting 110 days for Crystal to refund my money, I filed a dispute with Chase.  They originally sent me a letter similar to yours stating that the dispute was too old.  However, they have a "second look" dispute team that I requested to look at my situation.  It took a few weeks, but since then I have had about $28000 permanently credited to my account by Chase. Still waiting on the other $14000.

Send Chase a Secure message asking for a relook, or call.

Marc

Thanks Marc ill give that a try 

Confused. With which credit card companies are you filing "disputes" and receiving your money?

At the Capital One website, I can file a dispute for a wrong charge, but

"A dispute is not the same as requesting a refund from the merchant, which you should do in many situations where you want your money back. For example, when you're dissatisfied with the merchant's policies or service, or when you need to cancel plans. Capital One can't issue a refund on behalf of a merchant."

Am I reading this right? Capital One can't issue a refund from Crystal?

Oh no, I used the wrong credit card? Seems I can't even "dispute" the cost of the cruise and I can't get a "refund" when filing with the credit card company! I just have to "patiently" wait for Crystal to issue my refund in 3 months time or longer? Yikes

4 hours ago, truck driver said:

F75F867F-C9CF-4DFB-8E27-DC09F9868DF1.thumb.jpeg.b1b62abd592b1d8364989e12bd493264.jpegAfter waiting 125 days for crystal’s refund

i filed a complaint with chase sapphire 

there is also $5700 more that’s not on there  

I called them back they said I waited to long to file the complaint 

As previously posted, this happened to me as well. I got the same letter and the customer service rep for CSR told me she was preparing it as we were on the phone (making it hard to believe that any investigation was done).

2 hours ago, Vegas Cruiser said:

I filed a dispute with Capital One. You have to call them on the phone and talk to their fraud department. 

Thanks. Did they ask you to send any backup information or correspondence? Or just the facts and dates over the phone.  I guess I'll wait until day 91 to call them. What did you do?

Capital One said they were giving me a provisional credit and would be sending me paperwork to fill out. They want any supporting documentation I have. Don’t know if I will be successful but I’m done waiting in Crystal. Haven’t gotten the letter from Capital One yet but just called them last week. 

3 hours ago, CRUISELUVRS said:

"A dispute is not the same as requesting a refund from the merchant, which you should do in many situations where you want your money back. For example, when you're dissatisfied with the merchant's policies or service, or when you need to cancel plans. Capital One can't issue a refund on behalf of a merchant."

I think they are telling you that if you have an issue with a merchant, you need to try to resolve it with the merchant before/instead of asking Capital One to solve it for you.  Since you should have a Payment Confirmation from Crystal showing that they agree they owe you money, I don't think this would necessarily apply to this situation.  Crystal has already admitted they owe you the money, and it is just a matter of getting them to pay it.

Our claim with Capital One is for fraud.  Crystal cancelled a cruise and specifically stated we would be getting our refund within 90 days. It’s now been 5 months. In the meantime they are taking deposits from customers for future cruises and not refunding people to whom they owe money in a timely fashion...as promised. They are enjoying the use of our money interest free. We will see how Capital One responds but they opened a Freud claim and there was every indication that they would be crediting our account. I’ll keep everyone posted!

1 hour ago, Vegas Cruiser said:

Our claim with Capital One is for fraud.  Crystal cancelled a cruise and specifically stated we would be getting our refund within 90 days. It’s now been 5 months. In the meantime they are taking deposits from customers for future cruises and not refunding people to whom they owe money in a timely fashion...as promised. They are enjoying the use of our money interest free. We will see how Capital One responds but they opened a Freud claim and there was every indication that they would be crediting our account. I’ll keep everyone posted!

Crystal is not currently taking any deposits or other payments for any future cruises. They stopped a few weeks ago.

Patty

I called Chase to dispute a deposit charge dating back to August 2018 on a Chase BA card..  They have said twice the charge is 'too old' to dispute even though the final payment (October2019) for same cruise was for now credited back to my CSR card. I requested a 'second look' on deposit and it was reiterated that the charge was too old and Crystal would have to initiate any chargeback.  Has anyone received a refund via a Chase credit card for a charge dating to 2018? I feel I am at the mercy of Crystal to refund the deposit of 2 years ago.

>> An open advance booking (OBD) was charged to my onboard account on Feb 14, 20.

>> It was included on my Symphony’s final statement along with other debits and credits.  The total balance due on the credit charge was less than the OBD.

>> My TA cancelled it for me on Mar 11, 20, and told me it would be credited to my card.

>> To no avail, my TA followed up later, when requesting feedback on another deposit.

>> Knowing the OBD itself had expired, I filed a credit card dispute on day 150.

>> They sent me the following notice “Due to the age of the charge, we have no options available to obtain a credit for you.”

>> So, it now appears that 150 days is too long to wait!

Uk based, payment on a debit card.
I spoke to the bank re a charge back and they said ..
The initial deposit is ‘too old’
The final balance payment is valid for a claim.
However, they then said that as the deposit and the balance are part and parcel of the same claim in respect non refunded monies they would allow the full claim to be processed .... but as two separate claims.
Talk about making work[emoji1]
Still waiting though ... 120 days since the refund was lodged with the TA and approved, and 20 days since the claim went in to the bank.

Just filed a dispute with Sapphire visa on cancelled cruise 8/19 to 9/1/20 on Symphony ,cancelled by Crystal last week of MAY 2020. I immediately requested refund  and no sign of any effort on Crystal's part more than 90 days later. Was told by Visa rep. that they cannot credit me with the initial deposit paid in January 2019. I will be happy if I receive the final payment soon 

See chart for powlan. Received 2 Temporary Credits from CSR.  One for Cruise and one for flight. Told by Crystal it was "settled" so asked for proof from accounting department. Received a screen shot showing:    Authorization Response- Approved.   Also, Dispute amount, Status, Dispute Received Date, Disposition Due Date, Final Disposition Amount, Final Disposition Date.    Disposition Description: Resolve To Merchant.  Merchant - Accept.

Am waiting for the Cruise refund. Hooray!!!. Five months but almost complete. 

9 hours ago, Jim9310 said:

>> An open advance booking (OBD) was charged to my onboard account on Feb 14, 20.

>> It was included on my Symphony’s final statement along with other debits and credits.  The total balance due on the credit charge was less than the OBD.

>> My TA cancelled it for me on Mar 11, 20, and told me it would be credited to my card.

>> To no avail, my TA followed up later, when requesting feedback on another deposit.

>> Knowing the OBD itself had expired, I filed a credit card dispute on day 150.

>> They sent me the following notice “Due to the age of the charge, we have no options available to obtain a credit for you.”

>> So, it now appears that 150 days is too long to wait!

Jim, we also cancelled an OBD before it expired and requested a refund.  At 90 days, we had already gone through the same back & forth with them as you, yet Crystal had not refunded us.  Finally we "threatened" a merchant charge back with AMEX.  That got their attention. Crystal responded quickly and our OBD was refunded at day 97.  Lesson = act quickly.

2 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

168 days and still waiting for a booking I cancelled on 18 March 2020

Not impressed

Anyone else that long?

I have another one at 46 days - just a youngster...

Perhaps time for you to do a cc dispute and get a temporary credit.  

Uk based, payment on a debit card.
I spoke to the bank re a charge back and they said ..
The initial deposit is ‘too old’
The final balance payment is valid for a claim.
However, they then said that as the deposit and the balance are part and parcel of the same claim in respect non refunded monies they would allow the full claim to be processed .... but as two separate claims.
Talk about making work[emoji1]
Still waiting though ... 120 days since the refund was lodged with the TA and approved, and 20 days since the claim went in to the bank.

A slight aside ... I booked our flights separately with KLM. We fully anticipated losing them as they were non refundable.
On Saturday they cancelled one flight and offered a full refund. On Sunday I rang them and asked for the refund and on Tuesday it was in the bank. It can be done [emoji847]