Crystal Refund Roll Call

6 minutes ago, Mahogany said:

I filed a claim with AMEX on Aug. 26, 113 days from my cancellation of October voyage on May 5. On Aug. 30,  I received credit for $10K deposit, and a reduced amount for the Air charge; they deducted $318 for the air cancellation charge and $500 admin fee. Though that's what my original booking said, it sounds higher than the usual $200/pp admin fee (maybe because I booked Solo?). So, I finally have my money back, minus $813, because obviously I will never use that $500 admin fee/FCC I say, "obviously" because, why would I want to ever do business with Crystal again? Lesson, a sad one, learned. I received monies from Virgin, Silversea (a big one, 3 suites), and Regent (2 cruises), in less than 2 months for all of them.

May I ask if you cancelled the booking BEFORE Crystal cancelled the cruise ???

1 hour ago, Mahogany said:

Yes I did; that's why I made a point in the first sentence to say "my cancellation".

Thank you for the clarification and sorry for the financial loss you incurred; since my request for our refund was after Crystal's cancellation, hoping for the return of ALL my money !!

Crystal seems to be having problems keeping track of what they owe us…..

I cancelled a deposit 175 days ago and naively waited too long to file a credit card dispute .  Now I learned that this unpaid cancellation doesn’t appear on my account.  In addition, two FCC’s promised in February also do not appear on my account.

4 hours ago, Jim9310 said:

Crystal seems to be having problems keeping track of what they owe us. ...

Crystal is having problems with everything.  They are telling us now that even though they canceled our two cruises on March 13, their system is showing our cancellation dates are weeks after that and even days after the canceled cruises were scheduled to start.  And that's on top of the fact that we rebooked both cruises on March 24 with our FCC.  This company is unbelievably inept -- at least on land.

Good evening All,

Like all of you on this board, we’ve had endless phone calls and emails directly with Crystal full of endless promises, lies, mis-information, and contradictions.   At day 160, I realized I would never see any money from this company and filed a credit card dispute with Amex.   I’m not proud of having to pursue this option, but was left with no other recourse.   It is all over for Crystal, in its current configuration anyway.

I too had AmEx customer service agents tell me in various ways how they probably couldn’t open a file based on the length of time, etc.   However, purchase and fraud protection is one of the primary reasons you choose to use a credit card and pay the annual fee.   We have not received the goods and services promised.   You need to be politely firm with these credit card companies...don’t accept the first no.   File a dispute through their online portal, write an email, etc.

To American Express’s credit, as on today, they have full refunded all charges 100%. They will remain my primary credit card and I will speak their praises.   Crystal, however, is dead to me.

A big thanks to everyone who contributed very valuable information on this board.   Best of luck.

41 minutes ago, BerberBear said:

Good evening All,

Like all of you on this board, we’ve had endless phone calls and emails directly with Crystal full of endless promises, lies, mis-information, and contradictions.   At day 160, I realized I would never see any money from this company and filed a credit card dispute with Amex.   I’m not proud of having to pursue this option, but was left with no other recourse.   It is all over for Crystal, in its current configuration anyway.

To American Express’s credit, as on today, they have full refunded all charges 100%. They will remain my primary credit card and I will speak their praises.   Crystal, however, is dead to me.

Thank you for sharing your ‘good’ story & ending — filed claim with AX this week (four days before one year mark of deposit statement) ...... giving me hope !!

So we filed our dispute with Citi Mastercard on 8/3 after waiting a couple of months for our refund. got a provisional credit and yesterday got this message from citi:  

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.accountonline
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.accountonline mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.accountonline mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.accountonline
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.accountonline i  A quick update on your open dispute

Hi, Peter.

We wanted to let you know we're still working on your $9,933.50 dispute.

We've contacted the merchant, they have until 11/11/20 to get back to us. We'll let you know if any additional information is needed.

We included the below transaction details for the dispute on account ending in 2050 for your reference.

Transaction Details
Transaction Date: 11/26/19
Transaction Amount: $9,933.50
Merchant/Description: CRYSTAL CRUISES, LLC 3107859

Dispute Details
Dispute Date: 08/03/20
Dispute Amount: $9,933.50
Dispute ID: D-889459030820

We'll always keep you updated during the dispute process. You can track your dispute status anytime in the Citi Mobile App or Citi Online.

8 hours ago, PAllinson said:

So we filed our dispute with Citi Mastercard on 8/3 after waiting a couple of months for our refund. got a provisional credit and yesterday got this message from citi:  

We wanted to let you know we're still working on your $9,933.50 dispute. 

We've contacted the merchant, they have until 11/11/20 to get back to us. We'll let you know if any additional information is needed.

It sounds like you're in pretty good shape.  Congratulations!   May we ask if you ever would cruise with Crystal again after your refunding experience?  We really have been surprised by the number of people who would continue to do business with this deceitful company.  As we've posted numerous times, Crystal has a good product on the seas, but it's difficult for us to close our eyes to the disreputability of its business operation.  We don't expect them to print money, but we do expect them to be honest and open about their refund policy.

Unsure at this time. depends on itinerary, price and services offered. We were booked on the Endeavor for 2 cruises. The first was Bali to Cairns which cancelled(Crystal had our money for about 2 years on this one and we had to dispute the charge with AMEX after waiting 120 days, and then got a refund) The second we cancelled London to Svalbard and this is the one we contested with citi mastercard, provisional credit given by citi and waiting for Crystal to respond. Like the itinerary but would not book that far out again.

1 hour ago, PAllinson said:

Unsure at this time. depends on itinerary, price and services offered. We were booked on the Endeavor for 2 cruises. The first was Bali to Cairns which cancelled(Crystal had our money for about 2 years on this one and we had to dispute the charge with AMEX after waiting 120 days, and then got a refund) The second we cancelled London to Svalbard and this is the one we contested with citi mastercard, provisional credit given by citi and waiting for Crystal to respond. Like the itinerary but would not book that far out again.

When did you get the finalized refund of the October Endeavor booking, so I can update the spreadsheet?  I don't think your London cruise is on the spreadsheet.

Your response from Citi is very much like what we received recently from Citi Visa.  It sounds like Crystal is now dragging out at least some of the disputes as long as they can, instead of paying up quickly once a dispute is filed.  Amex disputes still seem to be an exception to this.  IMO, Amex is the best for resolving disputes.

This is CRUISELUVRS, cruise was paid in full, original sail date 12/09/2020,  cancelled by passenger 6/18/2020, Crystal cancelled 7/31/2020. After 90 days, disputed with Capitol One 9/17/2020.

PS $200 pp administrative fee was applied as a FCC to a cruise in June 2022, which we booked long before this virus thing.

On 9/18/2020 at 7:17 AM, BettyNL said:

May I ask if you cancelled the booking BEFORE Crystal cancelled the cruise ???

Yes I did.  Cancelled on 4/23 for an August cruise.  Still waiting for my deposit back. 

I have never cruised Crystal and have decided to never book again with them.  Sad.

Oops!  I just realized you were asking someone the question and it wasn’t meant for me to reply.  Sorry about that!

Edited by spingal
3 hours ago, spingal said:

I have never cruised Crystal and have decided to never book again with them.  Sad.

Yes, it is very sad.  But someone has to stand up and let Crystal Cruises know that they have to be as accountable for their services on land as they are on the sea.  It is mind-boggling to us that they continue to stand by their deceitful refund policy.  A good start to righting this ship would be for Tom Wolber to show a little leadership and at least make a statement of apology to all of us who have been lied to and to all of the customers who have been forced to file disputes to retrieve their money.  

Just put in to request refund of my full payment that was supposed to be made into 100% FCP + 25% FCC after Crystal cancelled. I chose this option instead of asking for the refund. My TA says they say they will not give me a 25% FCC because this full payment was money that I had applied from previous cancellations I made (voyages that Crystal later cancelled). Now at the back of the line for a refund. Sailing date 10/29/2020. Cancelled by Crystal on 7/30/2020. I requested a full refund on 9/21/2020. So I got snookered into 2 extra months in the 0% lending club.

Edited by mskatiemae

After 2 great cruises on Crystal in 2018 and 2019 we booked 2 more for August 30, 2020 and June 13, 2021.  We cancelled the June 2021 cruise on March 28, 2020. After  150 days  and numerous lies about how close we are to getting a refund including getting accelerated  status on August 4,  2020 from agent Sylvia Levy we filed with Bank of America Visa and got a provisional credit in 7 days.  The August 30, 2020 cruise we cancelled on April 2, 2020.  We did the same Visa filing and got a provisional for our final payment in 1 day and the balance 6 days later.   For fun I called  Crystal today and was told that our refunds are "approved" and pending (same story since June).   A word to the wise, get your money now before you use your future cruise credits for toilet paper.  We learned a few things from this episode.  1.)  Don't book until cruises are actually up and sailing.  2.)  Never book anything more than 60-90 days in advance which if you are retired is easy for us.  3.)  These cruise lines will be so hungry for your money that if you call them for a future cruise that is sold out, they will find room for you on that ship.

1 hour ago, John Wooden said:

After 2 great cruises on Crystal in 2018 and 2019 we booked 2 more for August 30, 2020 and June 13, 2021.  We cancelled the June 2021 cruise on March 28, 2020. After  150 days  and numerous lies about how close we are to getting a refund including getting accelerated  status on August 4,  2020 from agent Sylvia Levy we filed with Bank of America Visa and got a provisional credit in 7 days.  The August 30, 2020 cruise we cancelled on April 2, 2020.  We did the same Visa filing and got a provisional for our final payment in 1 day and the balance 6 days later.  ...

We also have had very nice cruises on Crystal, but their lies and slimy business practices have soured us on ever booking with them again.  Would you ever book with them if they were "actually up and sailing"?

After 2 great cruises on Crystal in 2018 and 2019 we booked 2 more for August 30, 2020 and June 13, 2021.  We cancelled the June 2021 cruise on March 28, 2020. After  150 days  and numerous lies about how close we are to getting a refund including getting accelerated  status on August 4,  2020 from agent Sylvia Levy we filed with Bank of America Visa and got a provisional credit in 7 days.  The August 30, 2020 cruise we cancelled on April 2, 2020.  We did the same Visa filing and got a provisional for our final payment in 1 day and the balance 6 days later.   For fun I called  Crystal today and was told that our refunds are "approved" and pending (same story since June).   A word to the wise, get your money now before you use your future cruise credits for toilet paper.  We learned a few things from this episode.  1.)  Don't book until cruises are actually up and sailing.  2.)  Never book anything more than 60-90 days in advance which if you are retired is easy for us.  3.)  These cruise lines will be so hungry for your money that if you call them for a future cruise that is sold out, they will find room for you on that ship.

Never again on Crystal.  The lying and the disinformation cannot  be excused or discounted.  Anyone giving them money today for a future cruise is taking a huge risk.  I would really like to see a response from anyone who has cancelled since late March 2020 and has actually received their refund without going the credit card dispute route.  Any takers?

Crystal cancelled our 8/30/20 cruise on Esprit on 06/16/20. I requested a refund on 06/17/20 for all monies paid to them. On 06/18/20 I requested a confirmation that my refund request had been received. The confirmation was received on 06/20/20. 

On day 60 of my refund request(08/16/20) I filed a dispute with Citi Mastercard. A provisional credit was made to my account within 2 business days. A letter from Citi indicated that they had contacted Crystal regarding my dispute and Crystal had until 11/11/20 to respond.

I noticed another poster had been given the same date,11/11/20, for Crystal to  respond even though their dispute date was 2 weeks earlier than mine. 

Good luck to all those trying to recoup $$.

I am at day 174 of seeking refunds from Crystal for 4 cabins booked for a July 2020 cruise that I had cancelled prior to Crystal cancelling the cruise.  I had cancelled April 1, 2020 and have credit statements from Crystal documenting the money owed me.  At about day 120 with no response from Crystal, I started the dispute process with Chase.  Since then I have received credit, from Chase, not Crystal for $28,000 out of $42,000.  The amount not credited by Chase is the money that was original deposits made in January 2019.  Chase states that the charges are too old,  and twice now I have disputed Chase's decision, stating that the remoteness of the charges should not hold because the cruise could never have been taken by me as it was cancelled. However, per Chase, they will not pursue those refunds any longer,  so I am at the mercy of Crystal.  I called Crystal today and was told that refunds were issue September 8, 2020, but the Crystal agent stated he could not tell me the dollar amount.  Chase states that they have not received any refund from Crystal as of September 8, 2020.

And, I have started a dispute with Chase for three deposits for an October 2021 cruise that I cancelled 5 weeks ago and have refund statements from Crystal stating that I am owed the refunds of deposits, less $500 each for admin. fee.  I was not going to wait 5 months to start the dispute.

I have stated before that because I like the cruise experience on Crystal, I would sail again if they are in business, but with each passing day of reading the lies others have experienced from Crystal as well as my own troubles, that sentiment is starting to fade.

Marc

Got a conditional refund from Capital One today for our initial deposit paid to Crystal back in 2018 for an Endeavor Yacht cruise. We have finally been made whole. Capital One has indicated that unless Crystal reports that they don’t owe us a refund, these refunds will become permanent. We didn’t have to fill out any paperwork!  They said we will only have to supply documentation if Crystal denies they owe us the funds. Thank you Capital One!  And we will never sail on Crystal again.....although my gut tells me they will be going out of business. 

1 hour ago, John Wooden said:

Never again on Crystal.  The lying and the disinformation cannot  be excused or discounted.  Anyone giving them money today for a future cruise is taking a huge risk.  I would really like to see a response from anyone who has cancelled since late March 2020 and has actually received their refund without going the credit card dispute route.  Any takers?

I am aware of these

Stickman

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2750766-crystal-refund-roll-call/?do=findComment&comment=60216618

nfcu

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2750766-crystal-refund-roll-call/?do=findComment&comment=60243631

commedoredave

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2750766-crystal-refund-roll-call/?do=findComment&comment=60271501

TheKingD

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2750766-crystal-refund-roll-call/?do=findComment&comment=60359918

On 8/13/2020 at 6:45 AM, commodoredave said:

I’m not sure why I finally got paid. It could have been my regular stream of sarcastic and irreverent posts that parodied Crystal’s inept management that they simply got tired of seeing. Perhaps the Crystal Faithful donated their own money towards my refund just to shut me up. Or maybe it was just my boyish good looks and charm that Crystal couldn’t resist!  Whatever it was, I now have my refund.

Obviously, it was your looks and charm because Crystal has shown over the last 5-6 weeks since you got your refund that it couldn't care less about comments concerning its shameful and deceitful refund policy.