Crystal Refund Roll Call

52 minutes ago, almostretired said:

Off topic?  Find a thread that stays on topic, please.  

I can say that I have observed that most of the times things go off the tracks, there is a logic to follow as the train wreck occurs!!

Patty

Something else about Viking River.  With far more river than ocean ships, they were in layup anyway and did not need to deal with (and spend money on) getting passengers and crew repatriated.

Roy

SusieQ thank you for taking this on.  Do you want to expand this spreadsheet to include info on those of us brave/crazy enough to have money from a canceled cruise applied to an already booked and deposited cruise in 2021?  If so, let us know what info you want and we will supply.

Mardi 

28 minutes ago, firstcruise91 said:

SusieQ thank you for taking this on.  Do you want to expand this spreadsheet to include info on those of us brave/crazy enough to have money from a canceled cruise applied to an already booked and deposited cruise in 2021?  If so, let us know what info you want and we will supply.

Mardi 

I know people are doing this because I have done it myself with part of my cash refund.  If anyone provides information about this for their own booking, I will include it in the "Notes" column on the right, although I don't really see any reason to track it in a separate tab on the spreadsheet.  So if anyone wants to share that information here, please do.

In my case, it took a few days (less than a week) to get someone at Crystal to confirm that it could be done and then to apply the funds.  My only uncertainty at this point is whether or not this reset the calendar for my 90 days, since this happened about 6 weeks after I canceled and requested the refund.  I plan to proceed on the assumption that it did not, by asking my TA to check into the status of my refund next week, once I am past 90 days.  If I find out that this did reset the starting point for my 90 days, then I will post that information here.

On 5/29/2020 at 4:13 PM, TER777 said:

Reporting for 3 persons, all separate bookings.

Cruise date: April 23, 2020 Symphony

Cancelled by Crystal date: February 27, 2020

Full refund only option offered: 2 of us no refund yet; third person received refund March 7

The second person was told by Crystal today that his refund was processed on June 1. For the air consideration, he was told to email guestrelations2.

Follow-up question to my earlier messages about next steps after 90 days... 

For those people that are over the 90 day period, have any of your agents escalated the issue to their sales contacts instead of just the reservations team?  I know the reservationists can only see what's in the record, which only tells a limited picture of what's going on, but how many agents have escalated the issue to their sales contacts (or substitute, consolidated sales sales contacts -- since like most of our companies, a lot of the reps have been furloughed)?  If so, what are those sales contacts saying as the reason for those extended delays on those particular reservations?

To me, once Crystal could be perceived as breaking its end of a deal (again, need more information from the reps to determine that), it becomes a sales issue...  Because back when I was an agent, there's no way I would continue to book future business if Crystal was saying one thing and doing another, and if Crystal loses that trust of its agents, it's toast.  I'm NOT saying they're there yet, but that's the reason I'd be making a bee-line to the rep as an escalation point for either details or an inside contact with details.

Vince

3 hours ago, TER777 said:

The second person was told by Crystal today that his refund was processed on June 1. For the air consideration, he was told to email guestrelations2.

I was told weeks ago, and reconfirmed yesterday, that our refund was processed on March 16 (we cancelled cruise on March 4) and still no refund at day 91.   I would expect a refund just processed on June 1 would be a long time coming.:classic_huh:

16 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

Follow-up question to my earlier messages about next steps after 90 days... 

For those people that are over the 90 day period, have any of your agents escalated the issue to their sales contacts instead of just the reservations team?  I know the reservationists can only see what's in the record, which only tells a limited picture of what's going on, but how many agents have escalated the issue to their sales contacts (or substitute, consolidated sales sales contacts -- since like most of our companies, a lot of the reps have been furloughed)?  If so, what are those sales contacts saying as the reason for those extended delays on those particular reservations?

To me, once Crystal could be perceived as breaking its end of a deal (again, need more information from the reps to determine that), it becomes a sales issue...  Because back when I was an agent, there's no way I would continue to book future business if Crystal was saying one thing and doing another, and if Crystal loses that trust of its agents, it's toast.  I'm NOT saying they're there yet, but that's the reason I'd be making a bee-line to the rep as an escalation point for either details or an inside contact with details.

Vince

Interesting you say that....on one cancellation I am day 91.  TA is going through sales to help and has advised me not to make any future Crystal bookings at this time.  I had no intention anyway until all the refunds had posted.

scheduled sail date 05/03/20
I cancelled 03/19/20, refund for port fees and taxes
no refunds as of 06/03/20

scheduled sail date 03/01/20
I cancelled 03/01/20, refund for air fare change fees
no refunds as of 06/03/20

Escalated directly with Crystal who have said they processed my refund on 20th May and I should be receiving it soon. TA not received notice of the refund - no refunds of any description received as of today. Will update as soon as I receive anything. 

29 minutes ago, PaulCG said:

Escalated directly with Crystal who have said they processed my refund on 20th May and I should be receiving it soon. TA not received notice of the refund - no refunds of any description received as of today. Will update as soon as I receive anything. 

Funny how that works out to 89 days.  I hope it goes faster than caroak's has since it was "processed" on 3/16 and still not received as of today.

I wonder exactly what Crystal means when they say a refund is "processed."  @BWIVince can you shed any light on this?  Do you think that means after that date that any further delay is the bank's fault?  Why would @caroak still be waiting 48 days after Crystal "processed" the refund?

11 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

I wonder exactly what Crystal means when they say a refund is "processed."  @BWIVince can you shed any light on this?  Do you think that means after that date that any further delay is the bank's fault?  Why would @caroak still be waiting 48 days after Crystal "processed" the refund?

Susie, it's been 80 days since the March 16 process date not 48.  If I don't have a refund in 10 days I'll be filing a credit card dispute with Chase.  BTW, when I spoke with Crystal yesterday the agent tried to tell me it's 90 days from the process date but I wasn't having it and reminded him that's not what's stated on Crystal's website.  Enough of these games!

Carole

8 minutes ago, caroak said:

Susie, it's been 80 days since the March 16 process date not 48.

I'm sorry -- you are so right.  That is what happens when I try to figure it out in my head.  I left out May.  🙄

It sounds like in your case "processed" meant that Crystal accepted your request for a refund, but at other times people seem to think it means that Crystal sent the money to their credit card.  It is all very confusing, which may be by design.

Edited by SusieQft
1 hour ago, PaulCG said:

Did you contact Crystal in UK? I ask because i'm in UK and my agent is being stonewalled and I have decided to start a charge back process when I get to 90 days unless I'm shown documentation that my refund has been actioned.

I'm also cancelling a further booking with Crystal and will never sail with them again, another premium line has fully refunded my money and been accessible to its client base.

51 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

Funny how that works out to 89 days.  I hope it goes faster than caroak's has since it was "processed" on 3/16 and still not received as of today.

I was hopeful that when Crystal said they had processed my refund on 20th May and ''the money should be with you shortly'' they meant within days/weeks not months.

8 minutes ago, G2G said:

Did you contact Crystal in UK? I ask because i'm in UK and my agent is being stonewalled and I have decided to start a charge back process when I get to 90 days unless I'm shown documentation that my refund has been actioned.

I'm also cancelling a further booking with Crystal and will never sail with them again, another premium line has fully refunded my money and been accessible to its client base.

I used a TA in the USA and after 90 days I mailed crystal directly.

Edited by PaulCG
add email
1 hour ago, SusieQft said:

This one sounds like a misunderstanding.  “Processed” can mean anything to anyone, and sounds like a lot of other words.  It’s entirely possible Crystal submitted the credit weeks ago, in which case they could have either a transaction ID or authorization code (depending on the card type right now) that they could provide you to give to your bank to trace the credit.  My guess is that someone misunderstood the submission of the refund request for the processing of the credit, somewhere along the line though, but that’s obviously just a guess based on what I’m reading.

I will say, though, to keep any documentation your agent receives from Crystal on the credit because it IS possible for your bank to mess things up.  Most refunds I’m seeing are posted within 3 days at this point, but I’m still seeing plenty of banks taking more than 3 days on high dollar transactions, and in a handful of cases I’ve even seen them go outside their 30 day window on postings.  You need to be as diligent with your card company as with the merchant itself because they have their own challenges happening right now.

Vince

My TA followed up today to try and expedite our refund and got the same answer I did that it would be 90 days from process date.  This was never previously told to either one of us and no mention on their website.  My answer back to the Crystal agent was so if Crystal doesn't get around to processing a refund until some arbitrary date in the future then what would the reality be 100 days, 150 days and on and on.  Not a surprise that he had no answer.  At this point, I seriously have to question Crystal's solvency.

My TA is a top Crystal producer for many years and told me since Genting bought Crystal their level of the customer service is not what they experienced when it was owned by the Japanese company, NYK.

@caroak, according to the spreadsheet, you originally requested the refund on 3/4/20.  Did Crystal not acknowledge your request until 3/16/20?  Is that maybe what they meant by "processing"?  Do you have a document called "CrystalCruises_paymentconfirmation.[your booking#].pdf" that shows your cancellation and refund owed?  What date did you receive that document?