Crystal Refund Roll Call

SERENITY departures 22nd. May and 31st. May.

Hello to SusieQft, Dean, André and all others on here who were booked on the above cruises. 

After 236 days, we have today received a full refund for both these cruises cancelled on 2nd. April by Crystal. Our TA has kept up the pressure and achieved the right result. 
Needless to say we are relieved and sincerely hope you all will soon be refunded.

We still love Crystal and will book again once it is really safe to travel and we have been vaccinated.
We’ll keep following these boards ~ it’s become a regular habit!!

Susie,  many thanks to you for maintaining the amazing spreadsheet. We are sure, in due course, that our refund will be shown against our two cruises. These are numbers 59 & 70 on the spreadsheet.

Our patience has paid off at last. 

Keep well everyone,

Ann & Paul.  

Here's some interesting info on chargebacks for US Visa cardholders. I am not an expert in this but at initial glance it appears that anyone who had their cruise cancelled by crystal should have 120 days from the expected services (i.e., date of cruise) (not to exceed 540 days from the transaction processing date) to initiate a chargeback.

https://usa.visa.com/dam/VCOM/global/support-legal/documents/faq-covid-19.pdf

8 hours ago, comas said:

SERENITY departures 22nd. May and 31st. May.

Hello to SusieQft, Dean, André and all others on here who were booked on the above cruises. 

After 236 days, we have today received a full refund for both these cruises cancelled on 2nd. April by Crystal. Our TA has kept up the pressure and achieved the right result. 
Needless to say we are relieved and sincerely hope you all will soon be refunded.

We still love Crystal and will book again once it is really safe to travel and we have been vaccinated.
We’ll keep following these boards ~ it’s become a regular habit!!

Susie,  many thanks to you for maintaining the amazing spreadsheet. We are sure, in due course, that our refund will be shown against our two cruises. These are numbers 59 & 70 on the spreadsheet.

Our patience has paid off at last. 

Keep well everyone,

Ann & Paul.  

Hello Ann and Paul, that's great news. It must be a huge relief. Let's hope they are doing all refunds for those cruises which would mean mine won't be too far away. 

Dean

35 minutes ago, DeanHenderson said:

Hello Ann and Paul, that's great news. It must be a huge relief. Let's hope they are doing all refunds for those cruises which would mean mine won't be too far away. 

Dean

Hi Dean, it seems like we’ve known you for years!  Such a shame the Meet and Mingle wasn’t to materialise ~ they are usually good fun and an ice breaker. 
We heard from our TA a few days back about the refund, but thought we’d keep quiet until the funds were with us. It certainly is a relief and by posting our news, we thought it would give the rest of you new hope.  
It surely can’t be much longer now, as we hadn’t done any more than wait reasonably patiently. Easy to say now the waiting is over!!

Anyway, do post when you have received your refund. We’ll continue to follow the boards. 
Ann. 

Hello, Does everyone know that Crystal is having issues with refunding cruises booked with either a VISA or MasterCard?  It may have been spoken about before.  I rang the Australian Office of Crystal  today and they told me that Crystal has come to some sort of deal with American Express and can issue refunds for people who paid using that, but no one will be receiving refunds if they were paid with VISA or MasterCard.  I know there are people out there who have put disputes in with their cards and received their refunds, but for the rest of us who can't and have paid using them, it's going to be a long wait. In the meantime, I encourage everyone to search for and join this Facebook page -   Crystal Cruise - Where's My Refund?

Edited by DeanHenderson
Spelling
5 hours ago, DeanHenderson said:

Hello, Does everyone know that Crystal is having issues with refunding cruises booked with either a VISA or MasterCard?  It may have been spoken about before.  I rang the Australian Office of Crystal  today and they told me that Crystal has come to some sort of deal with American Express and can issue refunds for people who paid using that, but no one will be receiving refunds if they were paid with VISA or MasterCard.  I know there are people out there who have put disputes in with their cards and received their refunds, but for the rest of us who can't and have paid using them, it's going to be a long wait. In the meantime, I encourage everyone to search for and join this Facebook page -   Crystal Cruise - Where's My Refund?

Just one data point; my payment for a cruise I cancelled on 12 October was made with both an Amex (initial) and Visa (final).  Amex refund received last week but yet to receive Visa refund.  As the 540 day point will be reached in early December, I am going to dispute the Visa credit if not received by Monday. 

Hi and Happy Thanksgiving to those in the States.  I wasn’t able to get help from my bank so I continue to wait for my refund for my cancellation submitted on April 5. It had been a couple of months since I checked in with my Crystal Cruise consultant and now she’s gone from “it looks like it should be any day now, check back in a week if you haven’t received it” to the canned response below. I’m wondering if anyone who isn’t able to get their deposits/payments through their bank will ever see their money again. And yes, I can afford it. For me it’s a matter of managing your money not whether I can afford a Crystal cruise. Anyway, trying to remain hopeful. Happy Holidays and stay safe. 

“We recognize and understand your frustration as it relates to the processing of your refund. We ask for your patience that, given the voluntary suspension of cruise operations across our entire fleet into 2021, we are receiving an unprecedented number of claims that need to be processed individually. This is a manual process and, where our reservation and payment systems can handle a normal refund environment efficiently and smoothly, they were not designed to handle this volume in such a short period of time. All credit card processors are in a similar place and are affected by the sheer volume of refunds, which is further constraining the process and causing delays on their end as well.

To date, Crystal has processed tens of millions of dollars in refunds and we continue working through our queue to address each guest’s claim in the order it is received. We recognize that we have not been able to meet our original good faith estimate up to 90 days and we sincerely apologize for this and ask for your understanding. 

I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.”

1 hour ago, mrlevin said:

Just one data point; my payment for a cruise I cancelled on 12 October was made with both an Amex (initial) and Visa (final).  Amex refund received last week but yet to receive Visa refund.  As the 540 day point will be reached in early December, I am going to dispute the Visa credit if not received by Monday. 

Edited by Desert Cruisers
28 minutes ago, rwadam said:

Hi and Happy Thanksgiving to those in the States.  I wasn’t able to get help from my bank so I continue to wait for my refund for my cancellation submitted on April 5. It had been a couple of months since I checked in with my Crystal Cruise consultant and now she’s gone from “it looks like it should be any day now, check back in a week if you haven’t received it” to the canned response below. I’m wondering if anyone who isn’t able to get their deposits/payments through their bank will ever see their money again. And yes, I can afford it. For me it’s a matter of managing your money not whether I can afford a Crystal cruise. Anyway, trying to remain hopeful. Happy Holidays and stay safe. 

“We recognize and understand your frustration as it relates to the processing of your refund. We ask for your patience that, given the voluntary suspension of cruise operations across our entire fleet into 2021, we are receiving an unprecedented number of claims that need to be processed individually. This is a manual process and, where our reservation and payment systems can handle a normal refund environment efficiently and smoothly, they were not designed to handle this volume in such a short period of time. All credit card processors are in a similar place and are affected by the sheer volume of refunds, which is further constraining the process and causing delays on their end as well.

To date, Crystal has processed tens of millions of dollars in refunds and we continue working through our queue to address each guest’s claim in the order it is received. We recognize that we have not been able to meet our original good faith estimate up to 90 days and we sincerely apologize for this and ask for your understanding. 

I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.”

If you are able to do so, file a dispute with your credit card company now.  We filed 60 days after cruise cancellation in late July and received permanent credit in early November.  Why are you waiting?

2 hours ago, Desert Cruisers said:

If you are able to do so, file a dispute with your credit card company now.  We filed 60 days after cruise cancellation in late July and received permanent credit in early November.  Why are you waiting?

As I stated in my post my bank didn’t come through for me.  I have stated repeatedly that disputing with a credit card company is not an option for everyone. My question is whether anyone is getting a refund from Crystal outside of these avenues.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, rwadam said:

As I stated in my post my bank didn’t come through for me.  I have stated repeatedly that disputing with a credit card company is not an option for everyone. My question is whether anyone is getting a refund from Crystal outside of these avenues.  Thanks.

Yes, we have.  See our post at the top of this page. 

10 minutes ago, rwadam said:

Thanks very much.  Since my cancellation was 3 days later I will continue to hold out hope.  Cheers!

I really hope it will soon be your turn!
Do post  when you get your good news. 
Ann. 

Hello, I got a reply from Crystal about the credit card issue.  They agreed that they are only refunding for one particular card.  It just shows how low the Crystal organisation have gotten as they have been saying all along that refunds are being paid in date order, but that is not the case now. A copy of their reply is at the Facebook page Crystal Cruise - Where's My Refund?. 

In an earlier post I mentioned that I was loathe to initiate a chargeback as I did not wish my UK TA to be debited. I have now been advised that my payment in fact was made to Crystal's UK office direct and was not channelled via my agent. I have just telephoned Amex who have provisionally credited my account, the credit becoming final in January. All in a 10 minute call and no paperwork submission required. Fantastic service.

The moral..UK cruisers...use Amex !!

24 minutes ago, kool kruiser said:

I have just telephoned Amex who have provisionally credited my account, the credit becoming final in January. All in a 10 minute call and no paperwork submission required. Fantastic service.

The moral..UK cruisers...use Amex !!

I 100% echo that for Australia too - 100% lidos for AMEX and no joy with Visa who couldn’t find a loophole soon enough. I’m totally using AMEX moving forward 

On 11/25/2020 at 8:32 AM, mrlevin said:

Susie, for row 106, I received Visa credit on 27 November.

10 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Susie, for row 106, I received Visa credit on 27 November.

Marc, that is great.  So Visa was not terribly much later than Amex, and neither with a dispute?  You got your refunds in record time, especially compared with many who are still waiting from earlier cancellations.

I wonder if they are trying to stay caught up on recent cancellations while still neglecting the backlog.  😕

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Paulchili said:

I have not visited this thread for a long time and cannot believe that this "saga" is still going on.

Shame on Crystal!

Yes, they said that they expected the delays "through the summer."  Ha!  Hopefully they will be able to do better with refunds by the time they can resume sailing.  If not, they are going to have difficulty getting new bookings.  People will use their FCCs, and maybe will need to add new money to make final payments, but I don't see very many brand new bookings unless the refund backlog is addressed.

34 minutes ago, Merry Twinkletoes said:

Crystal Alert dated December 9, 2020:

Issued $140 million in refunds to date;            63 percent of refund requests, etc.

Appreciate Crystal’s long overdue communication.

Thanks for alerting us Twinkletoes.

https://www.crystalcruises.com.au/advisory-alerts/issuance-of-cruise-refunds

I wonder if the 63% is of the number of claims, or the number of dollars ... ???

Edited by crickette