Crystal Refund Roll Call

12 hours ago, DeanHenderson said:

Hello, 9 days ago I received a phone call from Crystal stating that they will be refunding my money within 10 days.  The have also emailed NSW Fair Trading (here in Australia) stating the same as I had originally complained to them about Crystal.  I emailed Crystal today asking them if I will still receiving my refund within the 10 days as they promised and here is a copy of their reply. 

Good Day Mr. Henderson,

We have checked your reservation status. Regrettably, there is no change at this time on your pending refund. Our team is aware of these and should I hear an update, I will advise you.  For the moment, we are not able to provide a definitive date for the amount to process; however, you are in the queue for the refund.

We sincerely apologize and know this is not the answer you had wanted.  However, we remain focused on providing all our guests their pending refunds in due time.

Best Regards,

Oscar Vicente

Special Assistant to the Office of the President

1501 Biscayne Boulevard | Suite 501 | Miami, FL 33132

Gee, what a shock!  In other words, “Sorry, we don’t have any cash and as long as we can push refunding our valued guests off, we will”.

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously refund process has been extremely slow, or non-existent.

I filed dispute  with Chase yesterday for deposit of 1/27/21 cruise, had paid in 2 different dates, and was told they cannot help me on first portion(too far back), but will give me credit next 7-10 days on the "eligible" part. 

---Still waiting to get refund from Crystal  for August 2020 cruise , cancelled in May (recovered 3/4 of full payment from Chase ) .

On 6/4/2020 at 7:44 AM, SusieQft said:

Funny how that works out to 89 days.  I hope it goes faster than caroak's has since it was "processed" on 3/16 and still not received as of today.

I wonder exactly what Crystal means when they say a refund is "processed."  @BWIVince can you shed any light on this?  Do you think that means after that date that any further delay is the bank's fault?  Why would @caroak still be waiting 48 days after Crystal "processed" the refund?

HB

Waited for my refund on cruise cancelled by Crystal on August 1.  On December 4 I told my TA I was going to file a chargeback. In the U.K. we pay our TAs not the cruise line.  Received refund from my bank on December 18.  Saw my TA on December 28 and he said his company had been reimbursed by Crystal. My thoughts are that when it is the agency’s money, they act more diligently to get the refund

On 12/30/2020 at 4:39 PM, wren2 said:

Waited for my refund on cruise cancelled by Crystal on August 1.  On December 4 I told my TA I was going to file a chargeback. In the U.K. we pay our TAs not the cruise line.  Received refund from my bank on December 18.  Saw my TA on December 28 and he said his company had been reimbursed by Crystal. My thoughts are that when it is the agency’s money, they act more diligently to get the refund

Also in the UK. I filed a debit card dispute and managed a partial refund in that the initial balance paid to the TA is still outstanding. It took well in excess of 200 days to get that money back ... even the bank took over 100 days.

I am now giving serious consideration to a small claims court action to get the outstanding monies back. Neither the TA or Crystal are answering emails so I feel my options are limited, coupled with the fact that I suspect that if I do nothing then I will not get any money back.

First and last time for that TA ... and Crystal!

Finally received our requested cash refund- days for a cruise Crystal cancelled. Refund requested 3/19/20 for Crystal cancelled Dubai-Rome sail date 5/8/20.

julie

12 minutes ago, Jules1 said:

Finally received our requested cash refund- days for a cruise Crystal cancelled. Refund requested 3/19/20

Good for you - so it didn’t involve a credit card dispute? 
Maybe there’s hope for me yet as we cancelled on 3/18/20 - only 297 days ago for a cruise due to depart in a week or twos time. I wonder if we’ll get it before the planned departure date - which is now cancelled of course 

One challenge fast approaching is the requirement for me to use a FCC credit within 12 months which will theoretically require me to pay Crystal an additional top up payment for a deposit on a future cruise (when that’s supposed to happen who knows?). I’m struggling to reconcile why I would do that when they have owed me money for 9 months 3 weeks and a day!

Something for those with FCCs and Admin Fees being held by Crystal to keep an eye on...

Edited by Stickman1990

Hi,

I gave up and We finally filed credit card dispute and received our refund via that route - 296 days all told.

Now what to do about the 2022 World Cruise that we have a large deposit plus a FCC from a cancelled Feb 2021 cruise.

Good Luck!

6 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Good for you - so it didn’t involve a credit card dispute? 
Maybe there’s hope for me yet as we cancelled on 3/18/20 - only 297 days ago for a cruise due to depart in a week or twos time. I wonder if we’ll get it before the planned departure date - which is now cancelled of course 

One challenge fast approaching is the requirement for me to use a FCC credit within 12 months which will theoretically require me to pay Crystal an additional top up payment for a deposit on a future cruise (when that’s supposed to happen who knows?). I’m struggling to reconcile why I would do that when they have owed me money for 9 months 3 weeks and a day!

Something for those with FCCs and Admin Fees being held by Crystal to keep an eye on...

Terry

Have you considered paying the top up using an Amex card ? If the cruise does not go ahead and Crystal do not refund within the period stipulated by your local legislation then a brief and easy call to Amex should result in a chargeback by way of a temporary credit to your account, becoming final after the stipulated chargeback period ( in the UK 56 days). Worked brilliantly for me. Of course, there may be other relevant Australian legislation of which I am unaware...

Hope this may assist

Colin

7 minutes ago, kool kruiser said:

Have you considered paying the top up using an Amex card ? If the cruise does not go ahead and Crystal do not refund within the period stipulated by your local legislation then a brief and easy call to Amex should result in a chargeback

Colin - yes AMEX is my absolute preferred payment option after they came through for me on 4 other Crystal refunds (unlike VISA who have weaseled out of assisting with a refund on this on the basis that I paid for it too long ago). You are right about AMEX acting swiftly to provide the temporary credit on the account and I've found they have  magic "charm" with Crystal that results in Crystal confirming the credit very quickly thereafter

Rest assured I will only be paying for travel with my AMEX going forward

7 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Rest assured I will only be paying for travel with my AMEX going forward

Me too !! Ditto for any other payments where a refund has the potential to be difficult.

10 hours ago, Jules1 said:

Hi,

Now what to do about the 2022 World Cruise that we have a large deposit plus a FCC from a cancelled Feb 2021 cruise.

Good Luck!

When is the final payment for the WC 2022?

Ivi

1 hour ago, travelberlin said:

When is the final payment for the WC 2022?

Ivi

Early payment is due May 8th, 2021 (that won't happen for us).  Final payment due Aug 6th, 2021.  Even with our initial deposit, deposit and FCC moved to WC from cancelled Feb 2021 cruise, we still owe a sizeable amount. We're not sure what we'll do.  At least we still have some time to think about it and evaluate the situation.  Thanks for asking the question - I've now marked those dates on my 2021 calendar!

Julie

31 minutes ago, Jules1 said:

Early payment is due May 8th, 2021 (that won't happen for us).  Final payment due Aug 6th, 2021.  Even with our initial deposit, deposit and FCC moved to WC from cancelled Feb 2021 cruise, we still owe a sizeable amount. We're not sure what we'll do.  At least we still have some time to think about it and evaluate the situation.  Thanks for asking the question - I've now marked those dates on my 2021 calendar!

Julie

I just checked Crystal's website and according to Crystal Confidence 3.0, deposits are not due until 60 days prior to "first service" which I interpret as boarding. I also read the T & Cs and it applies to all new and existing bookings and does not specifically exclude the World Cruise or its segments. 

1 hour ago, Roland4 said:

I just checked Crystal's website and according to Crystal Confidence 3.0, deposits are not due until 60 days prior to "first service" which I interpret as boarding. I also read the T & Cs and it applies to all new and existing bookings and does not specifically exclude the World Cruise or its segments. 

Thank you. I hope this applies for the world cruise 2022.  I also have the same information that Jules1 posted, but I was doubting if the Crystal Confidence 3.0 applies to the WC and this is why I have asked the question. It would give us more time to decide about our booking. If final payment is too early, we might have to cancel. Due to the way refunds have been handled, we do not trust Crystal enough to give them such a large amount of money (final payment) and to hope for a refund if the situation with the virus does not improve 😔. I am not sure if this is the right time to ask Crystal about it. 
Ivi

One more question: under Crystal Confidence 3.0 deposits are not due until 60 days prior first service. But we have already paid the deposit for the WC 2022 a long time ago. Our question is for the final payment. How long before the first service is this final payment due? 
Ivi

2 hours ago, travelberlin said:

One more question: under Crystal Confidence 3.0 deposits are not due until 60 days prior first service. But we have already paid the deposit for the WC 2022 a long time ago. Our question is for the final payment. How long before the first service is this final payment due? 
Ivi

Sorry, Ivi. A typing/brain fart error on my part. It says final payments are due 60 days etc. And I re-read it before I posted it too!!😵 

Sorry, Ivi. A typing/brain fart error on my part. It says final payments are due 60 days etc. And I re-read it before I posted it too!!😵 

That’s good news if the final payment isn’t due until 60 days out. We are booked LA-Miami, departing Feb 2. That would at least give us until December to decide. As it gets closer to the previously stated (by Crystal) final payment date, I will confirm with our travel agent.
Thanks!

We are also booked on the 2022 WC, departing from LA on Feb. 2.  It is a relief that we can wait until Nov. or Dec. to make final payment.  Who knows, maybe Crystal will extend the 90 days for the Early Payment Discount to 2022 bookings before November.  I certainly won't be ready to make the Final Payment in May before Crystal even starts sailing again.  We have always taken advantage of the Early Payment Discount in the past, but will not this May.

My big question is that the Crystal Confidence 3.0 T&Cs say you can apply FCCs until the end of 2023.  Our FCCs that are now on the 2022 WC originally had to be applied before the end of 2020.  It is not clear if they now have some new life so that we could move them to a different booking.  I'm sure that Crystal would extend them if Crystal cancels, but not sure what would happen if we cancel.

Please access the Crystal website:

Crystal Confidence 3.0

Travel Assurance for 2021 - 2024 Bookings

Click on: Learn More

2021 Cruises: Final payment is due 60 days prior to the First Day of Service for cruises through December 2021.

First Day of Service: If you make an Air Reservation or Hotel Reservation through Crystal, this is the First Day of Service — NOT the day the cruise begins.

Resources: Ask Crystal

Email address:

AskCrystal@crystalcruises.com

This is an alternative to asking your travel agent. Ask Crystal will provide accurate information about Crystal’s emerging Terms and Conditions for your specific cruise.