Crystal Refund Roll Call

5 hours ago, Merry Twinkletoes said:

Please access the Crystal website:

Crystal Confidence 3.0

Travel Assurance for 2021 - 2024 Bookings

Click on: Learn More

2021 Cruises: Final payment is due 60 days prior to the First Day of Service for cruises through December 2021.

First Day of Service: If you make an Air Reservation or Hotel Reservation through Crystal, this is the First Day of Service — NOT the day the cruise begins.

Resources: Ask Crystal

Email address:

AskCrystal@crystalcruises.com

This is an alternative to asking your travel agent. Ask Crystal will provide accurate information about Crystal’s emerging Terms and Conditions for your specific cruise.

Thanks for your post. This would mean that the WC 2022 would not come under the Crystal Confidence 3.0. It says for cruises through December 2021!

Ivi

FWIW, we are holding reservations for the 2022 WC, Mumbai-Miami segments departing Mumbai on 29 March 2022. We applied some FCC's toward this voyage late last month and received an updated invoice/payment schedule from Crystal on 21 December 2020. It states:

"If paid in full prior to 22 June 2021, Early Payment Savings will be applied to booking total". 

"Cancellation penalties apply, $500/pp, if canceled after 30 October 2021."

Based on this information at this time, it appears that final payment will be due 6 months prior to this sailing.

Rob

10 hours ago, Merry Twinkletoes said:

Please access the Crystal website:

Crystal Confidence 3.0

Travel Assurance for 2021 - 2024 Bookings

Click on: Learn More

2021 Cruises: Final payment is due 60 days prior to the First Day of Service for cruises through December 2021.

First Day of Service: If you make an Air Reservation or Hotel Reservation through Crystal, this is the First Day of Service — NOT the day the cruise begins.

Resources: Ask Crystal

Email address:

AskCrystal@crystalcruises.com

This is an alternative to asking your travel agent. Ask Crystal will provide accurate information about Crystal’s emerging Terms and Conditions for your specific cruise.

Thanks for the clarification on "First Day of Service". Since we have not booked either air or hotels through Crystal in years, I had not considered that possibility.

5 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Thanks for your post. This would mean that the WC 2022 would not come under the Crystal Confidence 3.0. It says for cruises through December 2021!

Ivi

Although we plan to drop the first three segments, we are currently booked on the full 2022 WC from Miami. I took a look at the booking on Crystal's Agent site and it still shows the final payment due at six months. As I posted earlier, the T&C of the CWC 3.0 do not specifically exclude the World Cruises. If I get a chance I will call Crystal tomorrow and ask for a clarification. They may be waiting until they get closer to the first due dates before making the change to the individual bookings.

7 hours ago, Roland4 said:

If I get a chance I will call Crystal tomorrow and ask for a clarification.

It would be wonderful if you learn differently from Crystal, but I fear that none of this applies to the 2022 WC.  Maybe they will get there, but so far I think my initial optimism was unfounded.

Sadly, upon re-re-reading, the posting from Crystal Confidence 3.0, I do not think any of it applies to anything in 2022, at least with regard to existing bookings.  At first I thought the 60 days for final payment did apply, but now I see the glaring "2021" in the title and first phrase of this.  The "all" later in the sentence is probably modified by the "2021" stated earlier.

NEW! CRYSTAL CONFIDENCE 3.0 (2021)

Now extended through December 2021, Crystal Confidence 3.0 offers both relaxed cancellation terms and a final payment of 60 days prior to first day of service for all new and existing bookings. 

Edited by SusieQft
15 hours ago, SusieQft said:

It would be wonderful if you learn differently from Crystal, but I fear that none of this applies to the 2022 WC.  Maybe they will get there, but so far I think my initial optimism was unfounded.

Sadly, upon re-re-reading, the posting from Crystal Confidence 3.0, I do not think any of it applies to anything in 2022, at least with regard to existing bookings.  At first I thought the 60 days for final payment did apply, but now I see the glaring "2021" in the title and first phrase of this.  The "all" later in the sentence is probably modified by the "2021" stated earlier.

NEW! CRYSTAL CONFIDENCE 3.0 (2021)

Now extended through December 2021, Crystal Confidence 3.0 offers both relaxed cancellation terms and a final payment of 60 days prior to first day of service for all new and existing bookings. 

My fault on this one. I saw this when first went into CWC 3.0;

TRAVEL ASSURANCE FOR 2021 – 2024 BOOKINGS

And in looking for the T & C, scrolled right past this without seeing it;

CRYSTAL CONFIDENCE 3.0 SCHEDULES

2021 — OCEAN, RIVER, YACHT & EXPEDITION

Days Shown are Before First Service

My apologies for getting anyone's hopes up (including my own) on the 2022 World Cruise final payment date!

As people are aware the situation in the UK can be different and a TA is the ‘vendor’ as far as claims go.

I still have an outstanding claim in that part of the dispute was outside Visa time scales ....

Because of this I sent a strongly worded email to Crystal ... no reply ... surprise surprise.....

I then sent an email to my TA suggesting that I was considering court action against them. They said they would chase up Crystal.

The outset of this - and the reason for this update - is that Crystal refused to tell the TA if they were processing refunds or not, and as such would not commit to any timescales in respect of any payments.

It seems to me if anyone is awaiting a refund from Crystal then don’t hold your breath!

On 12/14/2020 at 10:28 PM, oakridger said:

....I filed a credit card dispute with Citibank Mastercard last week on 12/09/20 and had a conditional credit on my card in 24 hours. Even though the charges were made in June-August 2019 Citibank allowed the dispute. Initially online it said the charges were too old, but I just asked for a customer service rep on the Chat function and they processed it immediately.  It was all done online in a few minutes.  I'll follow up here when the credit goes from "Conditional" to final........

~Nancy

UPDATE: More bad news.
I just today received notification from Citibank Mastercard stating the dispute I filed on December 9, 2020 was filed too late!  They now say I had to dispute within 60 days of the June 2020 cruise date. Citibank reversed the credit so now I owe the charges that were made against the credit amount.  
I'm so angry, disappointed and sad.
~Nancy
Edited by oakridger
Added info
Just now, oakridger said:
I just today received notification from Citibank Mastercard stating the dispute I filed on December 9, 2020 was filed too late! 

Commiserations Nancy - it seems MasterCard and Visa duck for cover wherever possible claiming it’s been to long

No such treatment from AMEX - they are all class. I’ve certainly learnt a lesson 

1 hour ago, Stickman1990 said:

Commiserations Nancy - it seems MasterCard and Visa duck for cover wherever possible claiming it’s been to long

No such treatment from AMEX - they are all class. I’ve certainly learnt a lesson 

You need to call to dispute charges more than 60 days past due. I paid a large deposit last Jan. On Visa then cruise was cancelled in Aug. then I waited 90 days to dispute in Nov. and was given provisional credit within 48 hours and received notification that provisional credit was made permanent last week. I also had a deposit denied by Chase Saphire Visa but when I called and supplied proof it was reversed within days so you need to elevate any denied charges when services you paid for were not provided.

We have also been waiting for our refund for our June 6th cruise.   It was canceled on 4/30/20.  We had booked through Costco and were told 60 then 90 days for a refund.   After still not receiving the refund and reading this forum we put in a dispute with VISA in October.   We also contacted the travel insurance we had purchased.   So far nothing.  The travel insurance won't pay because Crystal tells them they are going to pay it.   The Visa which has always stood behind us before is dragging their feet.   Very disappointing:-(

On 1/13/2021 at 9:02 AM, oakridger said:

UPDATE: More bad news.
I just today received notification from Citibank Mastercard stating the dispute I filed on December 9, 2020 was filed too late!  They now say I had to dispute within 60 days of the June 2020 cruise date. Citibank reversed the credit so now I owe the charges that were made against the credit amount.  
I'm so angry, disappointed and sad.
~Nancy

That's surprising. We lodged a dispute with Citibank Mastercard (in Australia) early September, around 150 days after Crystal cancelled our May 2020 26 night cruise on 2nd April. The two final payments, made in November 2019, were refunded but the deposit which was paid in September 2018 was outside the dispute period which I guess is fair enough. We are still waiting on that refund from Crystal. We phoned Citibank to lodge the dispute.

Citibank has many different cards sponsored by different businesses,   Perhaps the dispute policies may vary depending who is Citi's business partner for the card.

On 1/19/2021 at 1:37 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

That's surprising. We lodged a dispute with Citibank Mastercard (in Australia) early September, around 150 days after Crystal cancelled our May 2020 26 night cruise on 2nd April. The two final payments, made in November 2019, were refunded but the deposit which was paid in September 2018 was outside the dispute period which I guess is fair enough. We are still waiting on that refund from Crystal. We phoned Citibank to lodge the dispute.

OzKiwiJJ Have you tried the Department of Fair Trading here in Australia?  I submitted a complaint to them in September and Crystal agreed just before Christmas to refund all of my money for my cruise they cancelled in April.  It's taken some time to since for them to actually send the money due to a few bank issues but I should be receiving the money within the next day or two.  Fair Trading were amazing and I'm sure I would have had to wait much longer if it wasn't for their help.  You can lodge a claim online and they will ring you within 14 days. 

Well it’s not exactly news of a refund but maybe there is hope for some awaiting refunds?

I just got this email from Crystal - maybe there’s light at the end of my refund tunnel.....note that this cruise originated in the US and for some reason they’re being treated differently. Ironically it was due to sail this week! I’ll wait with baited breath but after over 9 months since I cancelled I’ll believe it when I actually see the money in my account

January 22, 2021

Dear Mr. xxxx,

We are pleased to inform you that we are now able to expedite some refunds for planned voyages and published segments that were set to depart from U.S. ports utilizing funds held in trust specifically for U.S. departures. As such, we will be processing your cruise refund within the next 30 days. Please note that these refunds, in this instance, will not follow the order of the date of cancellation.

We recognize and regret the delay in this process and thank you again for your patience. Please know that we, along with your shipboard Crystal Family, look forward to welcoming you back aboard in the near future.

Sincerely,

Crystal
Guest Services

11 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

I just got this email from Crystal - maybe there’s light at the end of my refund tunnel.....note that this cruise originated in the US and for some reason they’re being treated differently. Ironically it was due to sail this week!

I suspect the timing of the cruise has something to do with the timing of the release of funds...  The US government's Federal Maritime Commission has special bond/trust requirements for sailings from US ports, but I don't know what hoops a cruise line has to go through to get the funds back, since they wouldn't be the party that gets paid in any case.  The detail seems to be in the link below, but the legaleze goes WAY over my head.

https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=fc35701dc4658ff7b5f97e6fbc07654f&mc=true&tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title46/46cfr540_main_02.tpl

Either way, that sounds like great news for passengers waiting for refunds on some US departures!

Vince

2 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Well it’s not exactly news of a refund but maybe there is hope for some awaiting refunds?

I just got this email from Crystal - maybe there’s light at the end of my refund tunnel.....note that this cruise originated in the US and for some reason they’re being treated differently. Ironically it was due to sail this week! I’ll wait with baited breath but after over 9 months since I cancelled I’ll believe it when I actually see the money in my account

Terry

While I agree that one way to read the email is as you did, there is another view.  Crystal issued an update December 9, 2020, that said:

"In addition, we are now able to process some refunds for planned voyages and published segments that were set to depart from U.S. ports utilizing funds held in trust specifically for U.S. departures. We expect to process these refunds within the next six weeks."

6 weeks from Dec 9 is Jan 20.  So they missed the date (again) promised in the Dec 9 update.  Whether their promise are 90 days, 6 weeks,  or 30 days - the words have very little meaning.  

4 minutes ago, crickette said:

6 weeks from Dec 9 is Jan 20.  So they missed the date (again) promised in the Dec 9 update.  Whether their promise are 90 days, 6 weeks,  or 30 days - the words have very little meaning.  

Definitely a fair point - that why I added “I’ll believe it when I actually see the money in my account”

Missing deadlines definitely further erodes their credibility - and goodwill

On 1/22/2021 at 8:21 PM, DeanHenderson said:

OzKiwiJJ Have you tried the Department of Fair Trading here in Australia?  I submitted a complaint to them in September and Crystal agreed just before Christmas to refund all of my money for my cruise they cancelled in April.  It's taken some time to since for them to actually send the money due to a few bank issues but I should be receiving the money within the next day or two.  Fair Trading were amazing and I'm sure I would have had to wait much longer if it wasn't for their help.  You can lodge a claim online and they will ring you within 14 days. 

No, I hadn't thought of that. We'll give it a go. Thanks.

Hello, Just letting everyone know that I received my full refund today from Crystal.  I was told in December I was getting it but I didn't really believe them until I saw the money in my account today.  So they are still refunding money.  Good luck everyone and I hope you get yours soon. 

1 hour ago, DeanHenderson said:

Hello, Just letting everyone know that I received my full refund today from Crystal.  I was told in December I was getting it but I didn't really believe them until I saw the money in my account today.  So they are still refunding money.  Good luck everyone and I hope you get yours soon. 

Hi Dean,

It’s a great feeling isn’t it when the refund actually hits your Bank account?

We are still puzzled with the randomness of the refunds for this 22/5/20 Serenity cruise, as our refund was made two months ago on 24/11/20.

Stay safe and with luck we’ll be cruising again in the not too distant future.  
Ann & Paul.