Crystal Refund Roll Call

SusieQft

Claudia

Has anyone who asked for a refund and is still waiting, asked Crystal to apply the monies to a Bahamas (or other) cruise instead?

For your info, I did apply my refunds to another Crystal cruise. It is scheduled for March 2023. 

1 hour ago, Cruiselover51 said:

Claudia

Has anyone who asked for a refund and is still waiting, asked Crystal to apply the monies to a Bahamas (or other) cruise instead?

For your info, I did apply my refunds to another Crystal cruise. It is scheduled for March 2023. 

Yes.  Applied a yet-to-be-refunded deposit from a canceled cruise to the 23 WC deposit.

Crystal says they are catching up on refunds.  If you are in the roll call spreadsheet and it has been a long time since we heard from you, please let us know if you have received your refund or not.

Since some of you may not be reading the Crystal forum now, I am pinging the ones who are over a year now:  @jafeldman, @ScarlettMick, @Vegas Cruiser, @gwesq@powlan @Lord Haw Haw, @Helenewe, @BerberBear, @marykaymom10, @John Wooden, @katieaz, @krisbelledc, @Radar17, @cruisr, @ClefsDor, @PAllinson

Even if you are not in the list above, please still send an update.  I am hoping that things might not be as bad as it appears in the spreadsheet.

Thank you!

My friends who cancelled a September 2020 cruise in March (just over a year ago) were told by a Crystal agent that their refund had been applied to their cc this morning and that it may take a couple of days to show up on the cc.

Makes them a lot more comfortable about putting a deposit by the April 23 deadline.

Crystal's March 11, 2021 Progress Update mentions that they have refunded "more than 75% of all 2020/2021 canceled voyages (through April 2021).

I canceled my April 2, 2021 booking on November 30, 2020, and requested a full refund of the paid deposit. Crystal said then it would take a minimum of 90 days.  It's been four months, which is nothing compared to what others have experienced. Who could have imagined that Crystal would take four months to refund a deposit ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is my timeline.  I think I am glad I used Chase Sapphire Reserve as my Credit Card, but not sure how much of a factor it was:

1 - My Sept 5 2021 cruise was cancelled on March 11 2021.   I had put down a deposit on Feb 9 2020.

2 - I waited a day or so to see if my TA would contact me, then I contacted her and said I wanted to cancel for a refund.  

3 - I received an acknowledgement from Crystal on March 16, 2021 that said "Refund Request Received" and didn't offer any kind of timeline for when I might receive the refund.

4 - I waited maybe 10 days (not sure exactly) and then decided to consult with my credit card company (Chase Sapphire Reserve -- possibly relevant).  I wanted to know what timeline I was working with if I had to dispute the charges.  The person looked up and found the charge, and advised me that I would be able to dispute it for quite a while (I think she said like next January 2022?) but advised me not to wait, but to just open the dispute now.  In fact, she went ahead and opened a dispute, which wasn't clear to me at the time.

5 - I was going to wait a bit, since I was seeing reports that refunds were finally coming through, but then I started receiving notices from Chase asking me to document my dispute, and if I waited past April 6 2021 the dispute would be closed.  So I went ahead and provided documentation (my original statement showing the cruise details and deposit, the email from Crystal cancelling the cruise, the email from Crystal acknowledging my refund request).

6 - About 3 business days later, I received the refund credited to my card. 🙂

I totally sympathize with those who have had funds tied up for a year or more on cancelled cruises.  Hopefully eventually it will all be resolved!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NancyNM said:

About 3 business days later, I received the refund credited to my card.

Nancy, was the credit a temporary one from Chase pending resolution of the dispute, or did they close the dispute and the refund is final now?  It sounds to me like the former is more likely, unless they explicitly told you otherwise.

This morning the refund came through to my Credit Card... 370 days, and a small loss in currency exchange, but i am happy to put this to rest.  I hope everyone gets to feel equally happy with their ending to the long process.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SusieQft said:

Nancy, was the credit a temporary one from Chase pending resolution of the dispute, or did they close the dispute and the refund is final now?  It sounds to me like the former is more likely, unless they explicitly told you otherwise.

They said the dispute is resolved, and they reversed the specific charge from last February.

• Thanks 1

On 4/13/2021 at 2:44 PM, SusieQft said:

Crystal says they are catching up on refunds.  If you are in the roll call spreadsheet and it has been a long time since we heard from you, please let us know if you have received your refund or not.

Since some of you may not be reading the Crystal forum now, I am pinging the ones who are over a year now:  @jafeldman, @ScarlettMick, @Vegas Cruiser, @gwesq@powlan @Lord Haw Haw, @Helenewe, @BerberBear, @marykaymom10, @John Wooden, @katieaz, @krisbelledc, @Radar17, @cruisr, @ClefsDor, @PAllinson

Even if you are not in the list above, please still send an update.  I am hoping that things might not be as bad as it appears in the spreadsheet.

Thank you!

Crystal canceled my cruise March 19,2020

just checked my credit card the money was put in there April 14

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Susie,

Sorry I have not looked at the forum for some time. I converted the balance of the refund to a credit and applied it to a future cruise last month. Fingers crossed that we get back on the water soon.

• Thanks 1

Hi Susie:

I too have not looked at this Forum for months in large part as I simply was no longer recieving the new posts via Cruise Critic.  Whay i don't know as I see I still had "Follow Topic" selcted.  Oh well.  At any rate, since I scanned some of the last 20 or so pages I noticed one where you asked for poeple to send any updates etc.  

We only had deposits on a couple cruises and have received all but $400 "admin fee" from 1 deposit that is still outstanding.  I have presumed their "Admin Fee" hold back policy from 2019 is still standing, so I have not persued it.    I had posted when our deposit refunds came through so those should already be reflected on the spreadhseet.

I was thrilled when they announced their Bahamas sailings, so am still hopeful they will pull through, maintain what they had as far as a cruise experience and regain their standing one day.  

1 hour ago, andiamo76 said:

We only had deposits on a couple cruises and have received all but $400 "admin fee" from 1 deposit that is still outstanding.  I have presumed their "Admin Fee" hold back policy from 2019 is still standing, so I have not persued it.    I had posted when our deposit refunds came through so those should already be reflected on the spreadhseet.

Yes, your refunds were already noted.  Your "Admin Fees" are actually Future Cruise Payments.  I think you have to apply them within a year of their creation (i.e. the date you cancelled), but as far as I know, there is no time limit on the sailing date, only that it has to be a cruise that has been announced within your one year booking period.  They have occasionally waived the admin fees for some bookings over the past year, but I think that has only been for new bookings within specified time criteria, not for previous bookings such as the ones you cancelled.

3 hours ago, SusieQft said:

They have occasionally waived the admin fees for some bookings over the past year, but I think that has only been for new bookings within specified time criteria, not for previous bookings such as the ones you cancelled.

Our TA told us that Regents does not charge admin fees for cancellations caused by mandatory Covid-19 vaccination requirement. 

Crystal should do the same - it is the right thing to do.

• Like 1

Crystal canceled our Aug. 30th, 2020 cruise on May 20th. We are still waiting for our refund of Crystal Air. We received an  email update today from Guest Relations informing us that we are in the refund queue. Based upon what others are saying it seems we are getting close to seeing some money from them.

5 minutes ago, Midtowngal said:

I am still waiting in $2150.50 refund that was submitted/processed by TA August 20, 2020 and remains in "PENDING" status since that date!

I'm waiting for substantially more than that submitted by my TA April 28, 2020, with a written acknowledgement from Crystal April 30, 2020. So, tomorrow we start year 2!!!!

Patty

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

I'm waiting for substantially more than that submitted by my TA April 28, 2020, with a written acknowledgement from Crystal April 30, 2020. So, tomorrow we start year 2!!!!

Totally unacceptable - fingers crossed they provide your refund soon 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Texas Tillie said:

Patty

Patty, what were the embarkation and disembarkation points, and departure date of your sailing?  I vaguely remember some kind of odd wording about the ‘remaining’ refunds at the end of the month, as if they had some kind of specific (non-company) funding source or statutory strings on it, so I’m just curious if something stands out.

Fingers crossed you get the money back soon — you’ve waited way too long (as have many others).

Vince

1 hour ago, BWIVince said:

Patty, what were the embarkation and disembarkation points, and departure date of your sailing?  I vaguely remember some kind of odd wording about the ‘remaining’ refunds at the end of the month, as if they had some kind of specific (non-company) funding source or statutory strings on it, so I’m just curious if something stands out.

Fingers crossed you get the money back soon — you’ve waited way too long (as have many others).

Vince

The major amount due is for the Lisbon to London, June, 2020. Also am owed the deposit for the Barcelona to Athens, October, 2020. On both I waited for the cruises to be cancelled by Crystal.😵

Patty

About a month ago, my TA told me that Crystal assured him that all refunds will be processed by April 30, 2021.  I don't understand why Crystal would (supposedly) be making such a promise.

Either Crystal is really going to process all refunds due in the next 2 days (I guess it is possible, though I am not holding my breath), or a bunch of TAs have been hearing them incorrectly (possible, but unlikely).  I know that the most recent (in my knowledge) Crystal press release regarding the refunds did not say that Crystal will complete all refunds by April 30.

I also e-mailed Crystal again (I do this every 2 months) about my refunds a few days ago, and the reply was, and I paraphrase, Crystal has no idea when I will get my refund.

I know that Crystal has admitted that they failed to deal with this issue in a graceful manner so far, and they promised to do better.  If Crystal did actually tell TAs that all refunds will be processed by April 30, that is a terrible strategy for Crystal if they can't keep the promise.  But I guess we just have to wait.