Crystal Refund Roll Call

On 5/9/2021 at 2:13 AM, Texas Tillie said:

I had "faith" (totally misplaced!) and didn't lodge a complaint with my credit card until it was too late. At this point I will wait to hear what the Caribbean cruises are like, what the 2022 schedule will actually look like and then will determine if I've "forgiven" Crystal!!

Patty

Congratulations!  We were similarly situated and mine came through almost 1 year later.  Good luck in deciding.

On 5/8/2021 at 7:10 PM, Texas Tillie said:

To all who may be concerned, my refund for the Lisbon to London cruise has been posted to my credit card!!! I have been b!+#&!@g enough lately that it is only fair that I acknowledge the refund - finally - a year and a week after the cruise was cancelled!! 😲😏🤩

Patty

Congrats!

SusieQft:

Like marriage vows "for better or worse", DH & I have decided to cancel our request for refund on a Crystal-cancelled cruise and apply it to a Trans-Atlantic 2023.  Are we taking a chance?  Yes, but as Keith would say . . . ."Time will tell."  BTW:  see line 114 on refunds

Mary

wasn't sure where to post update to my entry on spreadsheet...

Lizard930 #88 on spreadsheet...received refund May 15...only took a year and some days!

Jill

I am on line 86 in the spreadsheet.  The final refund (original deposit/insurance payment) posted to my credit card today.  Have now received all moneys back, just 1 year 3 weeks after cancellation of cruise.

Phyllis

4 minutes ago, JusttheTwoofUs said:

I am on line 86 in the spreadsheet.  The final refund (original deposit/insurance payment) posted to my credit card today.  Have now received all moneys back, just 1 year 3 weeks after cancellation of cruise.

Phyllis

CONGRATS!!!!

Nancy

• 2 weeks later...

Another addition to the deposit list, sorry to say...

Scheduled sail date:  August 1, 2021 (cancelled by Crystal April 1, 2021)

Refund requested:  April 2, 2021

1 hour ago, RJ2002 said:

Another addition to the deposit list, sorry to say...

Scheduled sail date:  August 1, 2021 (cancelled by Crystal April 1, 2021)

Refund requested:  April 2, 2021

Just add... this was just a deposit (although a substantial one), made back in October 2019.  Called Chase about a possible dispute, but it was too old.  

Still waiting here as well for refund of deposits on 2 Crystal cruises, which they cancelled.  I was able to get the credit for the final payment credited by Chase, but the deposits were too old.  We cruise a lot, and spend a lot on cruising.  Crystal has only hurt themselves by delaying the refund for so long as I am never going to give them money again.  Will stick with Regent, Oceania and Silversea, all who gave refunds in a timely manner.  

Received (today)  Credit back to credit card of approximately $7000  , refund from Cruise cancelled few days over  ONE YEAR ago

Happy about that , now waiting for credit of around $8000 on cruise cancelled over 6 months ago  

40 minutes ago, docmark said:

Received (today)  Credit back to credit card of approximately $7000  , refund from Cruise cancelled few days over  ONE YEAR ago

Happy about that , now waiting for credit of around $8000 on cruise cancelled over 6 months ago  

The one year time frame seems to be the most common refund period recently from Crystal. So, I'd say you probably have a time to go for your second refund. 😵😲😏

Patty

14 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

The one year time frame seems to be the most common refund period recently from Crystal. So, I'd say you probably have a time to go for your second refund. 😵😲😏

Patty

Thanks Patty, unfortunately have to agree with you !!

Finally received my deposit back (made 01/2019) from  my first cruise on  Crystal.

10/2020 cruise was canceled 06/2020.

It took one full year to receive refund, even after multiple calls from our travel agent and repeated promises from Crystal.

We will look at other luxury cruises companies for our next cruise.

Micheline

On 3/30/2021 at 5:08 PM, allinthesameboat said:

My TA spoke to Crystal rep about a week ago and was informed that our refund for our Crystal Business class Air has morphed into what they call a CREDIT which can be used for a future cruise (for the air or just the cruise fare). So we have given up on getting a refund which is ok since we plan to cruise with Crystal again preferring ships with under 1000 passengers who offer very good service on board. So, for those of you still waiting for a refund-do not hold your breath.

Finally received full refund for Crystal air a little over a year from the date Crystal canceled our cruise. According to my TA Crystal is trying to go through the queue in order of cancellations and expect to post refunds about 1 year after cancel date. So those of you who are still waiting-hang in.

On 6/1/2021 at 4:27 PM, lenoirm said:

Finally received my deposit back (made 01/2019) from  my first cruise on  Crystal.

10/2020 cruise was canceled 06/2020.

It took one full year to receive refund, even after multiple calls from our travel agent and repeated promises from Crystal.

We will look at other luxury cruises companies for our next cruise.

Micheline

Don't give up on Crystal They are still the best in the luxury category. Windstar & Cunard are great, too. Crystal has superior customer service & they are making some attractive offers for repeat customers who book in the future. They will require passengers to be fully vaccinated and will probably expect the same for crew.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, allinthesameboat said:

Don't give up on Crystal They are still the best in the luxury category. Windstar & Cunard are great, too. Crystal has superior customer service & they are making some attractive offers for repeat customers who book in the future. They will require passengers to be fully vaccinated and will probably expect the same for crew.

I am not going to book with Crystal ever again. I am putting a lot of time and effort to recover my deposits. I filed disputes with our credit card company which contacted Crystal weeks ago - no response from Crystal so far. There is a saying - "customers vote with their feet."

If Crystal does not have any integrity nor the slightest respect for their customers, it is not the business I chose to support no matter their "luxury" status. 

Edited by Sdancer
20 minutes ago, Sdancer said:

I am not going to book with Crystal ever again. I am putting a lot of time and effort to recover my deposits. I filed disputes with our credit card company which contacted Crystal weeks ago - no response from Crystal so far. There is a saying - "customers vote with their feet."

If Crystal does not have any integrity nor the slightest respect for their customers, it is not the business I chose to support no matter their "luxury" status. 

Totally agree.  I had no trouble getting refunds from Regent, Oceania, and Silversea.  Will never book with Crystal again.  They are losing a lot of money by alienating potentially high spending customers.  They are taking new bookings,so they need to refund the ones that they cancelled.  And do it immediately.  

I received the final installment of my refunds for the September 2020 cruise today (June 5, 2021), a little over 11 months after Crystal cancelled the cruise, and also a little over 11 months after we requested the refund.

On 10/22/2020 at 1:09 PM, swn4 said:

scheduled sail date 11/8/20
Crystal cancelled 7/30/20, requested 100% refund on 8/5/20

no refund as of 10/22/20

Refunded in full by Crystal on 6/1/21. Yay!

Received our refunds on May 22, 2021 for our Baltic cruise that would be leaving in a week.  We cancelled in November of last year. 

On 6/7/2021 at 10:43 AM, docmark said:

Today received refund for the January 2021 cruise,  cancelled 7-8 months ago. 

Looks like Crystal is solvent again !!   

It does not look like Crystal is completely solvent.

Crystal claims that they refunded to my credit card over 3 weeks ago but I did not get it, still.

My bank confirmed that the credit is not in a pending mode either.

The only conclusion might be that Crystal's merchant bank does not have money (or enough money) in Crystal account to pay out.