Crystal Refund Roll Call

SusieQft

Sail date July 25 2020

airfare refunded to Amex Nov 2020 ( and it was a closed Amex but they accepted and sent us a check)

refund gif portion of cruise charged to Amex refunded April 2021

$20,000 refund for cruise charged to USAA Mastercard rejected by USAA because account closed despite promise  to accept and Crystal promised a check to us and of course nothing received to date  

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Sdancer said:
According to crew members on @crystalcruises Crystal Symphony & Crystal Serenity, both #cruise ships are now arrested in Freeport, Bahamas due to non-payment of fuel expenses.

Thanks for posting this (yet again) - I hadn’t heard that had happened (said emerging from a rock after 24 hours under it) 

• Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Sdancer said:
According to crew members on @crystalcruises Crystal Symphony & Crystal Serenity, both #cruise ships are now arrested in Freeport, Bahamas due to non-payment of fuel expenses.

https://www.cruiselawnews.com/2022/02/articles/uncategorized/crystal-symphony-and-crystal-serenity-arrested-in-freeport-bahamas/

What a horrible article. And to quote a disgruntled ex employee after 16 years, yikes, this guy is desperate for clicks.

1 hour ago, suzeluvscruz said:

What a horrible article. And to quote a disgruntled ex employee after 16 years, yikes, this guy is desperate for clicks.

Sorry that you did not find the compassion for the guests.

Here is the account of one passe

@crystalcruises leaves hundreds of travelers in the cold, in long lines, no reps no help for the older passengers including my grandparents. The were stuck in the freezing cold for over two hours! And then another 3 hours between the ferry and bus line. @nytimes @washingtonpost
Edited by Sdancer

Just now, Sdancer said:

Sorry that you did not find the compassion for the guests:

@crystalcruises leaves hundreds of travelers in the cold, in long lines, no reps no help for the older passengers including my grandparents. The were stuck in the freezing cold for over two hours! And then another 3 hours between the ferry and bus line. @nytimes @washingtonpost

Not accurate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I contacted crystal by phone on January 19, 2022 and cancelled my June 2022 european river cruise.  That same day I received confirmation that it was cancelled.  On February 1, I saw the credit to my card in a "Pending" status. Today it disappeared.  Now what?

1 hour ago, raleighschwinn said:

I contacted crystal by phone on January 19, 2022 and cancelled my June 2022 european river cruise.  That same day I received confirmation that it was cancelled.  On February 1, I saw the credit to my card in a "Pending" status. Today it disappeared.  Now what?

As has been mentioned numerous times recently, this is a common occurrence and the credit will re-appear in several days.

4 hours ago, skybluewaters said:

As has been mentioned numerous times recently, this is a common occurrence and the credit will re-appear in several days.

Mine appeared as pending on January 26 for three days. Disappeared, then vanished.

43 minutes ago, wesport said:

Mine appeared as pending on January 26 for three days. Disappeared, then vanished.

It should be back.  Others have reported delays by their bank’s side (after the authorization appeared) of up to 2-3 in rare cases.

Vince

17 hours ago, suzeluvscruz said:

He is an ambulance chaser of the lowest possible class. Purports to be news when it’s nothing but scathing speculation and drumming up business. He’s found himself on the sharp end of my tongue a few times now. 

Edited by Daveywavey70
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/6/2022 at 6:06 PM, Sdancer said:

Sorry that you did not find the compassion for the guests.

Here is the account of one passe

I must hold umbrage with some of the comments in this post.  Since I actually was on the Serenity for it's last voyage, my perspective is first hand. I can not speak for the Symphony last cruise.

The crew of the Serenity behaved professionally until the last passenger was off the ship. There was no "bedlam" at disembarkation. We proceeded off the ship like any other cruise ending, with the exception of being allowed to wait in our cabins to depart since there was no rush for housekeeping to clean and set-up for the next voyage. To say Serenity "dumped their passengers" and that they were  "left to fend for themselves", is a serious mistaken characterisation.

We were disembarked, given a ferry ride to Fort Lauderdale (at no additional cost to us) where we exited the ferry at immigration and customs. This was the only chaotic part of the trip. Our bags were placed randomly on the floor and we had to locate them one by one. This was because the ferry boat crew members unloaded them.. Crystal could not help because of the ICE barrier. It's kinda like you picking up your grandparents after an international flight.  You can't go help them at baggage claim and through immigration and customs. Only afterwards. There were porters (a limited number) if you wanted them.

Immediately outside, we were given a ride, by charted bus to a free $300 overnight room in downtown Miami. The next day we were given breakfast and rides to the airport of our choice (MIA or FLL), also free.  Now does that sound like "dumping" and "fending for ourselves"? I could go on but you get the point. 

Edited by dropframe
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2022 at 9:18 AM, BWIVince said:

If you saw a pending refund on your account, that means Crystal authorized (ran) it.  

What happens from there?  That's kind of up to the processing gateway and your bank.  Among other things (but seems really relevant here), your bank runs a security check on refunds before they post them, the same way it does on charges.  Refunds that fit certain criteria (such as an uncharacteristically high refund amount for that cardholder that doesn't exactly match a recent charge, or a refund that doesn't match a charge from the same merchant account), sometimes get flagged for a manual review.  Sometimes this can add days to the process.  When the refund finally posts, you can usually tell what happened by the original transaction date on the refund.  If the date remains the original date the pending refund appeared, it's likely that's what happened.  This has been reported several times here.

Vince

It's been eight days since my "Pending credit" disappeared from my Visa credit card transaction list, and still no finalized transaction posted.  I have spoken to two different Visa agents, and they both told me that there was nothing done on Bank of America's end that caused the pending credit to disappear without being finalized; no manual review; no fraud alert; nothing. They both said that Crystal Cruises failed to do something on their end to complete the pending transaction and finalize the posting of the refund.

Given even further Crystal staff layoffs this week, I'm no longer optimistic I will ever see my two deposits refunded (paid on 4/21/21 and 10/6/21), even though the money was supposedly placed in their "secure, non-operating reserve account with our financial partners to hold all refundable payments."

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BlewWater said:

It's been eight days since my "Pending credit" disappeared from my Visa credit card transaction list, and still no finalized transaction posted.  I have spoken to two different Visa agents, and they both told me that there was nothing done on Bank of America's end that caused the pending credit to disappear without being finalized; no manual review; no fraud alert; nothing. They both said that Crystal Cruises failed to do something on their end to complete the pending transaction and finalize the posting of the refund.

Given even further Crystal staff layoffs this week, I'm no longer optimistic I will ever see my two deposits refunded (paid on 4/21/21 and 10/6/21), even though the money was supposedly placed in their "secure, non-operating reserve account with our financial partners to hold all refundable payments."

That's bizarre...  Did you ask the agents about getting a provisional credit or starting a dispute for that refund, by any chance, since they can see it was processed?  That would seem like a safe next bet to cover your bases, if BofA really thinks the issue was somehow on Crystal's end.

Vince

1 hour ago, BWIVince said:

That's bizarre...  Did you ask the agents about getting a provisional credit or starting a dispute for that refund, by any chance, since they can see it was processed?  That would seem like a safe next bet to cover your bases, if BofA really thinks the issue was somehow on Crystal's end.

Vince

Definitely disputed. I was going to start the dispute on my most recent call to BofA agent, but she advised it even before I mentioned it. She agreed that the disappearing pending credit and no posted transaction afterwards was strange.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5waldos said:

My pending credit has also disappeared from my Chase online as a listed item but the credit amount is  reflected in the balance due. 

But no new messages either from Chase or from Crystal. 

Sounds like a temporary credit, now being investigated prior to being made permanent.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got a letter from BofA MC regarding one of my claims. It included a letter from Mickaelle Salbo, Case Administrator on Crystal Cruises letterhead. It basically said they want $11,739.31 for segment one of the GV cruise. This was taken out of a $18,200 claim, so $6460.69 chargeback approved. Same letter said three other claims totalling $57,370.70 were approved. This means so far, $63,831.39 chargeback approved, $11,739.31 not approved, with $37,909.30 yet to be addressed.

I plan to dispute the segment one charge because it should not be charged at full amount. 

• Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 6:43 PM, dropframe said:

Got a letter from BofA MC regarding one of my claims. It included a letter from Mickaelle Salbo, Case Administrator on Crystal Cruises letterhead. It basically said they want $11,739.31 for segment one of the GV cruise. This was taken out of a $18,200 claim, so $6460.69 chargeback approved. Same letter said three other claims totalling $57,370.70 were approved. This means so far, $63,831.39 chargeback approved, $11,739.31 not approved, with $37,909.30 yet to be addressed.

I plan to dispute the segment one charge because it should not be charged at full amount. 

I hope you are able to get the rest back soon!

Update, May 18, 2022. Citibank issued me a full refund.This was the last of 3 Crystal credit card disputes, one with Chase and two with Citi. I started this dispute on Jan 22 and  126 days to resolve, this was the longest.

I never filed any claim under the "bankruptcy" court, but would have if not resolve before the June deadline.

Good luck to all who are still waiting.

J

• Like 6

Finally our 7 disputes with Amex had been resolved yesterday. They will change the provisional credit to permanent. We filed on Feb 16th and was told yesterday after 90 days Amex had not received any respond from Crystal so case closed. We are happy it was resolved before the June 11 deadline for filing with the liquidator. 

Hope the rest of the people who are still waiting will get their refund soon. 

• Like 5