Crystal Refund Roll Call

SusieQft

On 5/18/2022 at 10:19 PM, JMARINER said:

Update, May 18, 2022. Citibank issued me a full refund.This was the last of 3 Crystal credit card disputes, one with Chase and two with Citi. I started this dispute on Jan 22 and  126 days to resolve, this was the longest.

I never filed any claim under the "bankruptcy" court, but would have if not resolve before the June deadline.

Good luck to all who are still waiting.

J

Good to hear you finally got a refund resolved with Citibank.  There is hope for me yet - I raised my dispute with them on 11th February and am still waiting!!!

Anne..

16 hours ago, Golfer71 said:

Does anyone have info. On Federal Maritime Ceommission procedure for making a claim.... presumably the FMC will cover up to $ 5,000 of non refunded money

The surety bond is an asset being managed by the ABC (Assignment for the Benefit of Creditors) group.  You need to file a claim with ABC by 11 June.   Make sure you state the departure port (as it has to be US the FMC bond to be valid).   FMC stated this in an email to me.

https://crystalcruiseclaims.com/

6 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

The surety bond is an asset being managed by the ABC (Assignment for the Benefit of Creditors) group.  You need to file a claim with ABC by 11 June.   Make sure you state the departure port (as it has to be US the FMC bond to be valid).   FMC stated this in an email to me.

Thank you....have filed with liquidators.....thought maybe the FMC was a separate process

• 1 month later...

From a half a dozen cruise lines I have been to I have enjoyed cruising on Crystal the most.

It was announced that A&K bought Serenity and Symphony last month and that they return to service under the Crystal brand in 2023. I was very happy to hear that.

I checked A&K reviews and saw mostly 1-star reviews in the last 6-7 years.

Do you think that it is possible for Crystal to retain the same excellent 5-star service and customer-oriented culture under the company with 1-star service (according to many customers) ?

7 minutes ago, Sdancer said:

From a half a dozen cruise lines I have been to I have enjoyed cruising on Crystal the most.

It was announced that A&K bought Serenity and Symphony last month and that they return to service under the Crystal brand in 2023. I was very happy to hear that.

I checked A&K reviews and saw mostly 1-star reviews in the last 6-7 years.

Do you think that it is possible for Crystal to retain the same excellent 5-star service and customer-oriented culture under the company with 1-star service (according to many customers) ?

While I think it’s entirely possible A&K may realign Crystal’s marketing a little so it better matches the product, or maybe even realign the product a little since Crystal isn’t a clone of the other luxury lines, I’m not sure how much stock I put in the 1 star reviews.  

I get that everyone is less happy with all travel suppliers than they were before the pandemic, but people seem to be out of control with the ridiculous reviews lately.  Anyone who is willing to write a 1 star review for ANY supplier like A&K has to be read with a grain of salt.  It’s hard to take almost any 1 star review of a luxury or premium supplier seriously.

I think it’s also important to consider that it’s not exactly A&K as a division is acquiring Crystal.  The money behind the deal is coming from the Heritage Group, whose chairman is Manfredi Lefebvre d'Ovidio (who is also co-chairman of A&K).  His family not only founded Silversea, but he ran Silversea for almost two decades.  I don’t think that foreshadows how they’re going to align Crystal, but I think that says a lot more about his experience in the cruise industry and what he brings to the table than just focusing on A&K.

Vince

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BWIVince said:

I get that everyone is less happy with all travel suppliers than they were before the pandemic, but people seem to be out of control with the ridiculous reviews lately.  Anyone who is willing to write a 1 star review for ANY supplier like A&K has to be read with a grain of salt.  It’s hard to take almost any 1 star review of a luxury or premium supplier seriously.

I understand about 1-star reviews during the pandemic and agree with you. A&K 1-star reviews started as a far as 7 years ago, way before the pandemic.  People claim that after Mr. Kent left the company, A&K customer service went down hill :(. 

I hope that it does not happen to Crystal.

Edited by Sdancer
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sdancer said:

I understand about 1-star reviews during the pandemic and agree with you. A&K 1-star reviews started as a far as 7 years ago, way before the pandemic.  People claim that after Mr. Kent left the company, A&K customer service went down hill :(. 

Well, if that’s the concern, Geoffrey Kent is one of the new principals in Crystal, so that’s a good sign.  🤞 (Hopefully)

Vince

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BWIVince said:

Well, if that’s the concern, Geoffrey Kent is one of the new principals in Crystal, so that’s a good sign.  🤞 (Hopefully)

Vince

I think that people meant Joss Kent, not his father Geoffrey Kent.

CEO Joss Kent left A&K to run luxury travel company andBeyond.

3 hours ago, Sdancer said:

My a & k trip to cuba was over the top fabulous. 
that was 2015. 

1 hour ago, Sdancer said:

I think that people meant Joss Kent, not his father Geoffrey Kent.

CEO Joss Kent left A&K to run luxury travel company andBeyond.

Ahhh, that’s definitely not who I think of when you say Mr. Kent.  😁. Joss wouldn’t have brought anything to the party for Crystal, as he didn’t have a role in Heritage, so I don’t think it makes a difference to Crystal like it might have A&K.

Vince