Cruise Critic Community
FOXTROT

Does anyone still work in customer service?

Posted (edited)

My wife is a travel agent. She spent 5 hours on the phone last week trying to straighten out one of their computer clichés. This was for my sister & nephew. They only fixed one. Now she has been on hold for 2 hours. We have some unissued FCC we want applied to a final payment which is due Monday. Hopefully they will answer before then. She can call Princess & wait 5-10 minutes, it's the same for Disney. In times like this you would think they would enlarge the staff?

Edited by FOXTROT

58 minutes ago, FOXTROT said:

My wife is a travel agent. She spent 5 hours on the phone last week trying to straighten out one of their computer clichés. This was for my sister & nephew. They only fixed one. Now she has been on hold for 2 hours. We have some unissued FCC we want applied to a final payment which is due Monday. Hopefully they will answer before then. She can call Princess & wait 5-10 minutes, it's the same for Disney. In times like this you would think they would enlarge the staff?

RCL just rehired 100 call center people who were earlier laid off. They are currently in training and will be working by next week. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, FOXTROT said:

Deleted

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I feel your pain, I called the group TA line, the first time after 45 minutes, the call dropped, the second time after 2 hours plus the call dropped and final on the third try after an hour I got thru.

RC announced rehires of 100 agents for call centers, so we will see.

All of the folks I talk to seemed not to be in a call center but working from home, many with children noises in the background.

I hope it gets better for every bodies sake...

I have learned to be patient.  Pretty much 2.5 hours a day minimum since I am a TA.  Today, got lucky, even though it took forever to get through, got a great rep and she did what I needed.

15 minutes ago, Slidell_Cruiser said:

I feel your pain, I called the group TA line, the first time after 45 minutes, the call dropped, the second time after 2 hours plus the call dropped and final on the third try after an hour I got thru.

RC announced rehires of 100 agents for call centers, so we will see.

All of the folks I talk to seemed not to be in a call center but working from home, many with children noises in the background.

I hope it gets better for every bodies sake...

When they said call centres that referred to the employees temporarily working from home. No one is going back to the call Centers for a while yet. 

3 hours ago, FOXTROT said:

My Big Box Travel agent and I were one hold 1.75 hours with RCCL this morning, and it only took 15 minutes with Princess.  RCCL has reduced it's staff so low that this is now the new normal.

My wife is a travel agent as well (owns her own home based agency), It seems like she been on hold with RCCL for a minimum of 2-2 1/2 hours every day for the past 8 - 10 weeks. She just has to stay patient and often has to walk their operators through the steps to help them help her.

RCCL can charge a customer in a heartbeat. However, the refund might not come until the customers heart has stopped beating.😀🙃  (very long wait times for refunds)😴😴

I guess we should feel lucky that we got thru in only 45 minutes, early this morning.  But then, they could not help us, because the department they needed to check with, did not open till 9.

Called back at 9, and it was another 45 minutes on hold.  Was calling about cruise planner items that were cancelled April 8th.  Although the email said they would be refunded within 30 days, their website said by May 23, and their on -hold info said 45 days (all which we are beyond), they couldn’t tell us anything, other than it was processing. 

Cruise planner items should be one of one of the easiest things to refund.  These were $,$$$ for beverage and Alaska excursions, so a larger amount.  

An update, it only took RCL 2.5 hours to answer their phone. The person she talked to understood switching the FCC to our cruise due Monday. He was NOT allowed to fix it. He had to call resolution & wait until they fixed it. He was not allowed to call my wife back, so she also waited on hold. Almost an hour later refund issued, FCC applied & we were able to pay the remaining balance. Only took 3.5 hours for our problem. Asked about our nephew's money RCL said he still owed. Customer service guy saw the problem(RCL's mistake). Had to call resolution( he is not allowed to fix it). About 30 minutes later he said they would fix the error. Should only take about 2 days to send out the confirmation.  My wife wasted an other 4 hours, the customer service guy wasted at least an hour. He could have fixed both problems in mutes.  

Foxtrot - Believe me, ALL the TAs are having a fit about the wait times.  She is not alone.  Every call I've made in the past 3 weeks has taken 1.5 to 3.5 hrs. to get through each time.  It's really ridiculous.  RCI knows it and said they're sorry but as far as I can see, they're doing nothing about it.  They have a skeleton staff right now and an unusually high volume of calls. 

Some people say if you call at 4:55am  PDT, you can get through right before they open.  Others have found late evenings to be better.  It's just hit and miss.  I would suggest she use Latte in Espresso and chat with a rep. during normal working hours.  If it's an easy fix, they can do it that way quicker.

I called last week for a price drop. The wait on the phone was less than a minute and I was off the phone very quickly with the new invoice in my e-mail.

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I called last week for a price drop. The wait on the phone was less than a minute and I was off the phone very quickly with the new invoice in my e-mail.

I also have called recently (twice) and it was only a matter of minutes each time to get through....Both very friendly and helpful and they each were working from home...great service !!!!

For those of you who had short waits, too bad Vegas is closed. 

I worked for a school district on a computer help desk for 18 years. Each year when school started, we were swamped with calls. I would be on a call and see the phone light blinking non stop and tried to help each caller the best I could and then go to the next one. I feel for these people calling RCCL when the phones are backed up and for the agent that gets the next caller. I'm not sorry to be retired. 🙂

Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2020 at 4:23 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Agree. 10 Calls last 6 weeks. Longest took was 2 min PU, longest took was 15min and off. But this week can see why longer wait for some during peek times. Royal extending to Aug and now Canada announcing threw Oct... I almost always call after 5pm EST 

Edited by ONECRUISER