New Brochure

happy v

I've just been looking at P&O website. As well as confirming FCC can be used for new brochure it says they are working on 2022/23 cruises and details will be announced soon.

So all you clever people do you think this is going to be another full year brochure.

This is especially interesting to me as we have a special year 2023.

If a coming cruise is cancelled I could probably go for something really exciting.

• Like 2

Probably a full year brochure.

This year was a special year for us, June cruise that was cancelled was for husband's 65th birthday and our 40th anniversary falls during our November cruise which we now have doubts about.

8 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

They don't normally put out the brochure until September.  I can't see them doing it earlier this year.  they won't have had time.

I suppose when P&O say 'as soon as possible' it could be any time in the next year!

24 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Probably a full year brochure.

This year was a special year for us, June cruise that was cancelled was for husband's 65th birthday and our 40th anniversary falls during our November cruise which we now have doubts about.

Well I hope we have better luck than you.😉

It was due on sale in June 2020 but I believe some tweaks are being made hence the delay.

Yes, was due to be round til March 2023. This means that they have then advanced bookings by an entire year compared to historic release schedules.

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

They don't normally put out the brochure until September.  I can't see them doing it earlier this year.  they won't have had time.

Maybe they have been working on the brochure instead of the Refunds.😂🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Carnival will run out of money by the end of this year if they do not resume cruising in a meaningful fashion before then. 

Would you book a holiday with a company that has only 6 month's liquidity?

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Carnival will run out of money by the end of this year if they do not resume cruising in a meaningful fashion before then. 

Yes, if its covered by ABTA and the holiday is a good price. 

I would say that any company that has enough money to survive 6 months with no income is in a fairly good position. 

Edited by cruisenewbie1976
add
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

I would say that any company that has enough money to survive 6 months with no income is in a fairly good position. 

You're a braver man than me. And if you think 6 months liquidity is "good", especially with assets that are, in the current climate, worthless, we will just have to disagree.

9 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

ABTA

And following the demise of TC, ABTA are basically broke,  so will depend on government backing, should it be necessary. Can't see the UK government rushing to pay out, given the current state of affairs.

Given that many of us are still waiting for refunds from P&O 60 days after our initial request, forgive me if I don't share your enthusiasm for paying for a cruise from a semi-broke cruise line,  backed by an insolvent trade body.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

And following the demise of TC, ABTA are basically broke,  so will depend on government backing, should it be necessary. Can't see the UK government rushing to pay out, given the current state of affairs.

Given that many of us are still waiting for refunds from P&O 60 days after our initial request, forgive me if I don't share your enthusiasm for paying for a cruise from a semi-broke cruise line,  backed by an insolvent trade body.

I never had you down as a glass half empty type wowzz.

14 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I never had you down as a glass half empty type wowzz.

I'm not, normally. However, there seem to be too many variables at play here, for my liking. How will the cruise lines enforce social distancing, what will they do if a case of CV19 breaks out, what if a country suddenly locks down etc. These sort of questions, plus the way most holiday companies are handling refunds, makes me cautious about handing over any cash at present.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

I'm not, normally. However, there seem to be too many variables at play here, for my liking. How will the cruise lines enforce social distancing, what will they do if a case of CV19 breaks out, what if a country suddenly locks down etc. These sort of questions, plus the way most holiday companies are handling refunds, makes me cautious about handing over any cash at present.

Just a thought, different countries have different rules for social distancing. eg France is 1m. Will the rules on cruise ships change according to where they are? Or maybe with an app and track and trace social distancing won't be necessary? Wishful thinking!

regards

Cathy

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Agree re second comment.

re ABTA: Government have gone on record as saying that they will support as a last resort on similar principles as they do with ATOL.

• Like 1

Biggest thing that will hold P&O back, in my opinion, is the FCO advising against all but essential travel abroad.

If this changes in a month or so enabling tourist flights to Spain, Italy, Greece etc then an August or September start could be possible.

There are crew around the world awaiting the call to start their next contract. Yes flights need to bring them in and then probably 2 weeks quarantine but it’s possible. The suggestion is that the plans are in place ready to be activated.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Agree re second comment.

re ABTA: Government have gone on record as saying that they will support as a last resort on similar principles as they do with ATOL.

I must have missed that.

Where is it recorded? please!

16 hours ago, wowzz said:

+1

18 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Maybe they have been working on the brochure instead of the Refunds.😂🤔

I guess that means we will have to wait a very long time to get a copy🚢 .

Edited by zap99
Spellcheck

18 hours ago, molecrochip said:

It was due on sale in June 2020 but I believe some tweaks are being made hence the delay.

Yes, was due to be round til March 2023. This means that they have then advanced bookings by an entire year compared to historic release schedules.

Due on sale June 2020??  They have never released stuff 2 years in advance.  In fact it was only 2 years ago that they moved to October of the previous year.  It used to be that they released in April for the following year.  Then moved back to October - 6 months earlier.

I suppose it would give folk a chance to book with their FCCs if they did release in June, but I can't see it.

Edited by jeanlyon

The reason for a whole year last autumn was to enable a further year on sale in June thereby extending how long cruises are on sale for. 

P&O have always been one of the last to announce and this was to be changed. The earlier cruises are put on sale, the longer you hold customers deposit monies for.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, wowzz said:

We booked Iona for next August. We needed to get in quick before the Theatre fills up. I think Gary will be on board next year.

Edited by zap99
Spelling