New Brochure

happy v

They should call this the doom and gloom thread p&o semi broke abta going broke the worlds stopped turning the oceans running dry, hopefully we will get our cruise in October and our two next year before the sky falls in.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

They should call this the doom and gloom thread p&o semi broke abta going broke the worlds stopped turning the oceans running dry, hopefully we will get our cruise in October and our two next year before the sky falls in.

We're doomed, we're doomed... 

Nice to hear from you Bazrat. 

Andy 

25 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

Love this. What is it about internet forums?!? A few weeks ago P&O were accused of playing a game to keep everyone's money so they could stay afloat. Now that myth has been dispelled we're onto the next drama. 

Fingers crossed for October! 

32 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

We're doomed, we're doomed... 

Nice to hear from you Bazrat. 

Andy 

Hi there I am having counselling at the moment went to the local supermarket and picked up some zero alcohol beer up by mistake,I was spotted by a former friend who spread the word I have turned teetotal.

• Like 2

On 5/28/2020 at 6:06 PM, jeanlyon said:

Due on sale June 2020??  They have never released stuff 2 years in advance.  In fact it was only 2 years ago that they moved to October of the previous year.  It used to be that they released in April for the following year.  Then moved back to October - 6 months earlier.

I suppose it would give folk a chance to book with their FCCs if they did release in June, but I can't see it.

Jean...for once I beg to differ...we booked our October 2020 cruise...you know, the one you and I are  both not now going on!...in September 2018...that is 25 months in advance....!

5 minutes ago, Mysticalmother said:

Jean...for once I beg to differ...we booked our October 2020 cruise...you know, the one you and I are  both not now going on!...in September 2018...that is 25 months in advance....!

Not doubting you, but where have you seen the information about the summer 2022 cruise launch being in June.

In recent years the summer brochure has been launched in September, covering April-October cruises, that is 18-25 months out, and the winter brochure was launched in March covering Nov-March, ie a similar period.

Last year because of the Oceana Dubai cancellation, the launch was pushed back into October and covered summer and winter schedules up to March 2022.  I would think in the current circumstances that they might be likely to do the same and launch a 12 month brochure up to March 2023 in late September.

9 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Not doubting you, but where have you seen the information about the summer 2022 cruise launch being in June.

In recent years the summer brochure has been launched in September, covering April-October cruises, that is 18-25 months out, and the winter brochure was launched in March covering Nov-March, ie a similar period.

Last year because of the Oceana Dubai cancellation, the launch was pushed back into October and covered summer and winter schedules up to March 2022.  I would think in the current circumstances that they might be likely to do the same and launch a 12 month brochure up to March 2023 in late September.

hi...never said I have seen any information about Summer 2022! I would still expect that in September to be honest..just responding to Jean saying they never release stuff 2 years in advance....

On a similar topic, has anyone else noted the lack of the usual promotional emails and postal brochures from P&O...usually these are 1 or 2 a week, but nothing since "Mint Julep gate."

Not that I am complaining!!

I think September is a good shout for the new brochure launch... everyone will be massively fed up by then of missing Summer and traditional holidays; 2022 will feel far enough away for most people that something virus wise will be sorted - ergo great opportunity for P&O collect advance bookings as a result, with not that many FCCs, some real new cash to boot etc.

12 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

On a similar topic, has anyone else noted the lack of the usual promotional emails and postal brochures from P&O...usually these are 1 or 2 a week, but nothing since "Mint Julep gate."

Not that I am complaining!!

I think September is a good shout for the new brochure launch... everyone will be massively fed up by then of missing Summer and traditional holidays; 2022 will feel far enough away for most people that something virus wise will be sorted - ergo great opportunity for P&O collect advance bookings as a result, with not that many FCCs, some real new cash to boot etc.

I got a promotional email today. 

13 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Now I feel left out 😭😔

Some great prices for Aug 1st 2020 getaways I'd guess!

You haven’t missed anything worth reading. It was telling us that they are still dreaming of favourite destinations. So am I but I can’t get there at the moment!☹️

On 5/28/2020 at 10:06 PM, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Love this. What is it about internet forums?!? A few weeks ago P&O were accused of playing a game to keep everyone's money so they could stay afloat. Now that myth has been dispelled we're onto the next drama. 

Fingers crossed for October! 

Dispelled? They confirmed it precisely! Why else do you think they issued no refunds for months on end and then opened the flood gates, issuing all of them at the end of the 60 days or, in many cases, even after that? And that was only kick started when they received bad PR about it from Which? They are holding on to customers cash for as long as they think they can get away with it. 

The telling thing will be how long it will take for those requesting refunds from the next batch of cancellations to receive their money. Logic says that if they are almost up to date with the last batch then refunds should start flowing immediately that the next batch of cancellations are announced. However, I strongly suspect that most will have to wait a long time. Personally, I don’t think that they are at serious risk of going under any time soon, but their cash flow is challenged, hence the deliberate decision to drag their heels. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Many people here won't be bothered as they won't ever,ever cruise again and certainly not with that nasty P&O lot. Still they will have some nice pictures to look at and we will have lots of space onboard🚢😁

Edited by zap99
Spelling
  • Like 1

Not sure if this is the right place for a question. We are going to book a cruise on Aurora in2021. From the photos, it seems that some balcony cabins have a full width balcony while some are of the cut out hole in the hull sort. Does anyone know which cabins have which please?

1 hour ago, smj777 said:

Not sure if this is the right place for a question. We are going to book a cruise on Aurora in2021. From the photos, it seems that some balcony cabins have a full width balcony while some are of the cut out hole in the hull sort. Does anyone know which cabins have which please?

They are all the same width, but those on B deck have fully open fronts whereas those on  A and C deck have small enclosure that acts as a frame, if that makes sense. So if you want the maximum openness then you need B deck. The small ‘frames’ can be quite useful in certain weather conditions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

They are all the same width, but those on B deck have fully open fronts whereas those on  A and C deck have small enclosure that acts as a frame, if that makes sense. So if you want the maximum openness then you need B deck. The small ‘frames’ can be quite useful in certain weather conditions. 

That's handy to know, thanks.  After having had an A deck balcony I thought they were all like that.

On 5/31/2020 at 2:50 PM, Selbourne said:

Thanks for that information I wasn't aware of this. We've haven't been on Aurora..........yet?😃

On 5/31/2020 at 1:39 PM, zap99 said:

Many people here won't be bothered as they won't ever,ever cruise again and certainly not with that nasty P&O lot. Still they will have some nice pictures to look at and we will have lots of space onboard🚢😁

we never going to sail with the nasty pando ever ever again after we rebook our October cruise in November and the two next year and possibly two the year after never again. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, sogne said:

FWIW Gib Port authority has 11 calls for PO from April 22 to Nov 22

That's interesting thank you, do you happen to know of they have scheduled more all day calls, as opposed to leaving around 2pm - this was supposed to be a response to customer feedback (what ai heard on board at the time the last brochure was launched).

1 hour ago, No pager thank you said:

That's interesting thank you, do you happen to know of they have scheduled more all day calls, as opposed to leaving around 2pm - this was supposed to be a response to customer feedback (what ai heard on board at the time the last brochure was launched).

If correct Britannia has 3 all day calls Ventura one 0800 -2100 the rest half day Arcadia and Aurora in late April may be world cruise

• Thanks 1

On 5/31/2020 at 10:39 AM, Mysticalmother said:

hi...never said I have seen any information about Summer 2022! I would still expect that in September to be honest..just responding to Jean saying they never release stuff 2 years in advance....

Hi, yes you're right for the last 2 years it's been like that, but before that, they always launched in April

Wonder how many people have reservations for the first 6 months of 2021, and have decided not to cruise,

and also have no intention of loosing their deposit?

Must be difficult for the company, to try and gauge the actual strength of the forward order book, maybe sensible to move the goal posts!

Maybe allow guests to cancel at any time and get deposit refund, payable during and within, the time period of there cruise.

I think this would also free up a good number of cabins.

2 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

OMG. I know we are all different, horses for courses etc - and I'm not judging anylone else's tastes but I can't imagine why anyone would want to spend a whole day in Gibraltar...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Britboys said:

OMG. I know we are all different, horses for courses etc - and I'm not judging anylone else's tastes but I can't imagine why anyone would want to spend a whole day in Gibraltar...

Nor me been there too many times.  We have done all of the possible tours so now we just walk into town have a stroll around the tat shops and stroll back to the ship. We are definitely not the visitors they want, I can't remember the last time we spent anything other than to buy a coffee.

• Like 2