Taking a cue from hotels

drew69

7 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Our governor was a news media darling.  She followed all of the CDC guidelines,  slowly opened up the state, etc.  When the state's numbers spiked the news media abandonded her.  I think that it would make an interesting story as to WHY the numbers spiked.  We do not have beaches,  the bars never opened, we have had a mask mandate since May, etc.  We have had some of the toughest restrictions in the US.

While not yet "wave 2" of the pandemic, NM is seeing fatalities in older people with underlying conditions.  Here in Florida the governor is doing everything he can to get the numbers as high as possible.  We self-isolate, use masks and plastic gloves, and carefully wipe down the car, mail, etc., and are very careful when we must leave the house to go to the market, beauty parlor doctor's office.  Those that we frequent are also very careful and have established strict safety protocols.  So far we have avoided problems/infections.  Staying in the "bubble" is not much "fun," but it is a necessity.  There will always be some who do not follow the guidelines, who become carriers and facilitate virus transmission.  Be careful and follow your governor's directions.  Be thankful you have one who cares, believes in science, and is interested in protecting her citizens.  

21 minutes ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

While not yet "wave 2" of the pandemic, NM is seeing fatalities in older people with underlying conditions.  Here in Florida the governor is doing everything he can to get the numbers as high as possible.  We self-isolate, use masks and plastic gloves, and carefully wipe down the car, mail, etc., and are very careful when we must leave the house to go to the market, beauty parlor doctor's office.  Those that we frequent are also very careful and have established strict safety protocols.  So far we have avoided problems/infections.  Staying in the "bubble" is not much "fun," but it is a necessity.  There will always be some who do not follow the guidelines, who become carriers and facilitate virus transmission.  Be careful and follow your governor's directions.  Be thankful you have one who cares, believes in science, and is interested in protecting her citizens.  

Our numbers have spiked to 10x - 15x what they were.  Apparently all of the rules did not apply to the super spreading events AKA protests/riots.  No enforcement of mask wearing.  Of course they were also breaking the store front windows and putting businesses out of business.  We still have a bunch of businesses that are boarded up as well as spiking Covid.

We learned from the 1918 Pandemic that parades spread the illness.  Yet we have protesters/rioters spreading it in our city.  Lesson not learned.

Our governor succeeded early on, but then failed after the protests/riots.  I feel like I am being penalized for the irresponsible actions of the protesters/rioters who had a total disregard for mask wearing and social distancing.

Her efforts to keep us safe have been a #FAIL.

Edited by NMTraveller

13 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Our numbers have spiked to 10x - 15x what they were.  Apparently all of the rules did not apply to the super spreading events AKA protests/riots.  No enforcement of mask wearing.  Of course they were also breaking the store front windows and putting businesses out of business.  We still have a bunch of businesses that are boarded up as well as spiking Covid.

We learned from the 1918 Pandemic that parades spread the illness.  Yet we have protesters/rioters spreading it in our city.  Lesson not learned.

Our governor succeeded early on, but then failed after the protests/riots.  I feel like I am being penalized for the irresponsible actions of the protesters/rioters who had a total disregard for mask wearing and social distancing.

Her efforts to keep us safe have been a #FAIL.

The "real" demonstrators are not damaging property and they are waring masks.  There is a group of instigators who enjoy seeing disfunction who also don't wear any PPE.  NM has another specific challenge accord to a college friend who lives there, and that is the Naitive American population.  They have not been afforded the same level of PPE and medical treatments.  

Edited by Ride-The-Waves

38 minutes ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

The "real" demonstrators are not damaging property and they are waring masks.  There is a group of instigators who enjoy seeing disfunction who also don't wear any PPE.  NM has another specific challenge accord to a college friend who lives there, and that is the Naitive American population.  They have not been afforded the same level of PPE and medical treatments.  

The bottom line is that we have a bunch of demonstrators not wearing masks and spreading it.  Not sure how you tell the real from the fake.  You can see if from the TV video footage.  There must be 100s of fake protesters.

The Navajo Nation is recovering and our numbers are spiking due to the protests/riots.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

The bottom line is that we have a bunch of demonstrators not wearing masks and spreading it.  Not sure how you tell the real from the fake.  You can see if from the TV video footage.  There must be 100s of fake protesters.

The Navajo Nation is recovering and our numbers are spiking due to the protests/riots.

The fake ones are the angry terrorists throwing bricks on the street encouraging the "real" ones to throw them at the cops.

I've recently had a couple of hotel stays - good value due to the current situation. I was quite happy that there were some limitations to service including the fact that your sanitised room was not entered by staff at all during your stay, fresh towels would be left in a sealed bag at the door if requested. No room service of any kind. I would not, however, cruise under these limitations given the cost.

5 hours ago, BigAl94 said:

I've recently had a couple of hotel stays - good value due to the current situation. I was quite happy that there were some limitations to service including the fact that your sanitised room was not entered by staff at all during your stay, fresh towels would be left in a sealed bag at the door if requested. No room service of any kind. I would not, however, cruise under these limitations given the cost.

I agree with this ... staying in a hotel is one thing. Cruising is very different.

We are hoping to build a road trip in November, around a family wedding.  We'll be taking a very close look at hotel protocols for where we want to stay on the way down to Mississippi and back.  We probably won't stay in any one hotel more than 3 nights, and in a hotel are comfortable with no service during that time as long as we can get fresh towels.  I think I'll probably pack some of our own towels anyway, just to be sure.  

9 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

It needs to be said, so I'll say it.  I can't speak for your state, but in my state as well as others I have seen on TV, yes there were a number of people wearing masks.  And right along with them were many others NOT wearing masks, and I am not talking about just the violent, criminal ones.  Additionally, virtually no one I saw in any of these protests, peaceful or not, was doing any kind of social distancing- they were marching shoulder to shoulder most of the time.  Wearing masks is a good thing but it is not enough.  Social distancing plays a large part as well.  That was most definitely, positively not happening, peaceful or not.

And while I'm on my rant, I would say there is no way for you to know that the 'real' demonstrators were or were not the ones damaging property and not wearing masks.  Yes, in many areas there were violent and other criminal factions who joined the marches and encouraged the chaos.  But who are you to say who is or is not a 'real' demonstrator.   Herd mentality is a real thing, proven in psychology.  Some of the people who started out peaceful did not end up that way.