Has anyone received their refund from NCL?

43 minutes ago, drsel said:
13 hours ago, mnsweeps said:
Day 91 ..Canceled on Mar 6 and no update from NCL. I did get my money back from my credit card companies as I won the dispute but NCL never got back to CC or me.

I read that if you dispute a credit card transaction, you will be banned from that cruise line for life

No, NCL would be happy to have your money in the future.  The only problem is that you might have to use a different credit card to book another cruise.  Your credit card company may automatically block future transactions with NCL.  

49 minutes ago, drsel said:
13 hours ago, mnsweeps said:
Day 91 ..Canceled on Mar 6 and no update from NCL. I did get my money back from my credit card companies as I won the dispute but NCL never got back to CC or me.

I read that if you dispute a credit card transaction, you will be banned from that cruise line for life

First of all thats not true. And I don't care a crap about NCL. I am never giving my business to them anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drsel said:

Norwegian clearly states that their main intention is to make money for the shareholders

Do you seriously think that most (if not all) other publicly-held companies are different in that intent? 

• Like 1

Do you seriously think that most (if not all) other publicly-held companies are different in that intent? 
I meant that they care more about their shareholders (and profits) than their customers.
Hence they delay or avoid refunds

5 hours ago, drsel said:

Norwegian clearly states that their main intention is to make money for the shareholders

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

41 minutes ago, drsel said:

I meant that they care more about their shareholders (and profits) than their customers.
Hence they delay or avoid refunds

I think just about every mainstream cruise line forum here on CC has threads with folks complaining about delays in getting refunds for cancelled cruises.

• Like 1

For these that keep saying “you agreed to wait 90 days when you asked for a refund”, unless I missed something, I wasn’t told it would be a 90 day wait until AFTER I requested the refund. That’s when I received the email telling me to wait 90 days. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Make sure you disclose to your credit card company that you have received a refund in The form of a FCC and have already requested that they convert that to a cash refund. So, their cash will be on top of the refund you already received. 

I hope no one is listening to this guy. Receiving FCC is not the same as receiving a refund. I didn't request FCC and having it foisted on to me is not "a refund you already received".  Still, I told Amex about the refund request process up front. And got my money back in 2 days.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, drsel said:

There is a thread on cruise critic which says "cruise refund received" and a lot of people have got a refund.

Do you have a link?  I did a search and I can't find any thread with the title "cruise refund received".  Was this on a forum for a different cruise line?  

I notice that on forums for other cruise lines, people are getting refunds, often in about 30 days.  NCL seems far and away the worst company at processing refunds for the cruise in which "they" cancelled.  There is a thread here on the NCL forums "Has anyone received their refund from NCL?"  with a tracking spreadsheet.  79 people gave input, and only one person reported receiving a refund, on 6/5/20, and it is not totally clear if they received a complete refund.  

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Waquoit said:

I hope no one is listening to this guy. Receiving FCC is not the same as receiving a refund. I didn't request FCC and having it foisted on to me is not "a refund you already received".  Still, I told Amex about the refund request process up front. And got my money back in 2 days.

I believe that the refund for that case may have involved somebody who cancelled and accepted FCC in early March, using POM, but before the cruise was cancelled by NCL with the option to get a refund.  So if a person cancelled and accepted FCC, they probably don't have the option to switch to a refund after the fact.  

16 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Make sure you disclose to your credit card company that you have received a refund in The form of a FCC and have already requested that they convert that to a cash refund. So, their cash will be on top of the refund you already received. 

No one is trying to cheat or double dip here, so please don’t imply that. Of course I disclosed to Amex that I had requested a cash refund from NCL, and I am not expecting the Amex refund “on top of” NCLs refund, but in lieu of NCLs refund. The Amex customer service rep completely understood my frustration with NCLs delay and has been hearing similar stories from other customers. 

When I was told by NCL on March 23 (The first day the refund request form was available) that the refund for my April 4 cruise could take up to 90 days, I gave NCL the benefit of the doubt, thinking that maybe the 90 days was because they had such a huge volume of requests to work through. It has since become apparent that NO refund requests on fully-paid, NCL-cancelled cruises have been processed, and they are holding onto our money to help their cash flow situation. They’ve had plenty of time to call me And my family members and try to sell us another cruise though. Again, I feel badly for them, but I don’t owe them a 3-month interest-free loan on the $10,000 cruise whose sail date has long past. 

My only regret is not calling Amex sooner. 

• Like 3

Do you have a link?  I did a search and I can't find any thread with the title "cruise refund received".  Was this on a forum for a different cruise line?  

I notice that on forums for other cruise lines, people are getting refunds, often in about 30 days.  NCL seems far and away the worst company at processing refunds for the cruise in which "they" cancelled.  There is a thread here on the NCL forums "Has anyone received their refund from NCL?"  with a tracking spreadsheet.  79 people gave input, and only one person reported receiving a refund, on 6/5/20, and it is not totally clear if they received a complete refund.  
It's in the P&O UK forum in all caps.

I don’t owe them a 3-month interest-free loan on the $10,000 cruise whose sail date has long past.  My only regret is not calling Amex sooner. 

$10000? For how many people? How many nights?

It's a lot of money for a family cruise.

There are cruises around Europe for upto $60 per person per night including all port fees and taxes.

We just got a refund each of 208 bucks

no idea what  for as it doesn’t line up with anything we have paid previously 

( eg.  Prepaid tips or taxes  etc) 

mer already have our pre paid dining and shorex back ..

i have nothing in my booking for that weird amount?

just want back the ten grand we are waiting on

....it better not be only 416 dollars 

( our 10000 is for 2 people ,14 day cruise, in a Haven spa suite)

Edited by jannandjohn

1 hour ago, jannandjohn said:

We just got a refund each of 208 bucks

no idea what  for as it doesn’t line up with anything we have paid previously 

( eg.  Prepaid tips or taxes  etc) 

mer already have our pre paid dining and shorex back ..

i have nothing in my booking for that weird amount?

just want back the ten grand we are waiting on

....it better not be only 416 dollars 

( our 10000 is for 2 people ,14 day cruise, in a Haven spa suite)

if you only paid 1 lump sum of 10000 and no specific charges line with 416, just assume it's compensation, caz they didn't say it is refund, right? 

I really suggest you to dispute with credit card company now. I am the stupid gal that waited 90 days and started dispute, 114 days Norwegian never replied. 

6 hours ago, drsel said:

There is a thread on cruise critic which says "cruise refund received" and a lot of people have got a refund.

Not sure how a thread on the P&O UK forum is relevant to the status of refunds from NCL?  But NCL does not seem to have made any refunds yet for cruises that they cancelled after final payment.  Deposits for future cruises, outside final payment, are being refunded.  Some people are getting refunds through their CC, some are not.  Those who are not due a refund because they cancelled are getting denied through their CC.  Pretty much the same for most of the other cruise lines, if you go to their forums (Disney might be the exception).  Also, refund policies might differ depending on how you booked - different rules by country/CC.

2 hours ago, drsel said:

$10000? For how many people? How many nights?

It's a lot of money for a family cruise.

There are cruises around Europe for upto $60 per person per night including all port fees and taxes.

5 people in a Haven 2-bedroom family villa, 7 nights. Plus we upgraded to premium beverage package for the 2 adults. 

14 hours ago, cruiser4801 said:

Two lessons learned from the NCL refund fiasco:

1.  Only charge with the American Express Card (the only card that promptly issued chargebacks), and

2.  Never sail on NCL again.

True but my Chase Reserve Visa card also made my credits permanent about 2 weeks after AMEX made it permanent.

1 hour ago, drsel said:

So what does one do if you have paid by debit card and they don't refund your money?

someone in the forum just posted getting refund at 76 days. Your best shot is to wait until 90days. I am starting to believe you will eventually get fully refunded. although it is really sad that my February Escape cruise did not get refunded until the day I won dispute (June 1st). =(

I do have a friend who booked travel package a couple years back and needed a refund, the travel company did the refund after a year of the travel date....

Edited by phire

30 minutes ago, kapetan5 said:

76 days since NCL 'allowed' us to apply for a refund for the cruise they cancelled, and we just received our refund.  Good luck everyone.

Was this a full payment refund or just a deposit?

• Thanks 1