Has anyone received their refund from NCL?

July 12 Encore to Bermuda was Canceled. Filled out the refund for on June 8, got the entire refund on July 31!!!!  Hope everyone else gets theirs as fast. Sorry for those of you that have had a terribly long wait. 

Just hope the Encore goes back to NYC so we can take it to Bermuda. 

On 7/28/2020 at 1:39 AM, luv2kroooz said:

...a word to anyone new to cruising....your credit card should always show a charge directly to the cruise lines, not your travel agency...lots of stories of "we paid the travel agent, but the agent never turned out money over to the cruise line"

Not us us ( at least in the UK).  my credit card charge was to my travel agent.  When I called NCL the other week to see if they have received our balance they refused to answer and said I had to speak to my TA.

1 minute ago, Misself said:

Not us us ( at least in the UK).  my credit card charge was to my travel agent.  When I called NCL the other week to see if they have received our balance they refused to answer and said I had to speak to my TA.

That would be the case whether the payment was made to NCL or the travel agent. I wouldn't do it. But if you are comfortable paying your agent directly, cool by me.  Just hope the agency turns your money over to NCL in exchange for a stateroom. If they don't, it is possible you'll show up at the pier on embarkation day to learn you never had a reservation for your sailing.

13 hours ago, luv2kroooz said:

That would be the case whether the payment was made to NCL or the travel agent. I wouldn't do it. But if you are comfortable paying your agent directly, cool by me.  Just hope the agency turns your money over to NCL in exchange for a stateroom. If they don't, it is possible you'll show up at the pier on embarkation day to learn you never had a reservation for your sailing.

LOL...I'm hardly doing to turn up to the port without a Set Sail pass!!   

Anyway, this isn't the issue.  I was just explaining that in some countries the 'T&C's' etc on cruises are different and here if we use a TA, all payments and dealings have to go via this agent.  Similarly our cancellation options (before final payment) are different.  Always read about people cancelling cruises and getting refunds...simply doesn't happen here.    You can't assume everyone's T&C's are the same, and its clear that things that are standard practice in one place simply aren't in another.

Its no big deal, I've asked for refund, and at some point the agent will return our monies (whether they still hold it or whether NCL need to return it) 🙂

On 7/25/2020 at 8:51 AM, jasperess said:

I'm in the same boat as you.  I requested cancellation of my dining/beverage package and pre-paid gratuities on March 9th, and still have not received a refund.  The cruise ended up being cancelled, so the rest went to FCC, but I'm still missing the difference.

Unlike you,  I have not given them a call yet, so I may do that and see if it makes a difference - it looks like it may have for you since you did end up getting the refund!  Thanks!

Jasperess-  Have you gotten your refund yet?

It's now 151 days since March 9th when we requested refund of our pre-paid Daily Service Charges.

It's just $203, but it's a little frustrating to keep checking for it.  I have had email response from CS saying that they see it as "pending".   (Of course, an earlier email from then said it could take 'up to 90 days'.)

I wonder if they have just pushed all of these 'small' amounts to the end of the wait list.  It is good they have been processing the larger refunds.  I wouldn't want to have had a larger amount of money held this long🤨

9 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

Jasperess-  Have you gotten your refund yet?

It's now 151 days since March 9th when we requested refund of our pre-paid Daily Service Charges.

It's just $203, but it's a little frustrating to keep checking for it.  I have had email response from CS saying that they see it as "pending".   (Of course, an earlier email from then said it could take 'up to 90 days'.)

I wonder if they have just pushed all of these 'small' amounts to the end of the wait list.  It is good they have been processing the larger refunds.  I wouldn't want to have had a larger amount of money held this long🤨

Still no refund yet.  It's been a long time to wait.

Like you, I'm pleased they are pushing forward the larger refunds, but I am wondering why they haven't done ours yet.

I am a loyal cruiser to NCL and am planning on taking another cruise with them once things get more back to normal (hence taking the FCC), but it does make me wonder if I should have just taken the entire refund at this point.

6 hours ago, jasperess said:

Still no refund yet.  It's been a long time to wait.

Like you, I'm pleased they are pushing forward the larger refunds, but I am wondering why they haven't done ours yet.

I am a loyal cruiser to NCL and am planning on taking another cruise with them once things get more back to normal (hence taking the FCC), but it does make me wonder if I should have just taken the entire refund at this point.

At least we both now know we aren't the only one waiting😉

After the cancellation of our April 5th cruise, I've had a clipboard of things to cancel like pre-cruise hotel, air fare and post-cruise hotel.  All of those went pretty smooth.....just this one last little item still pending.

Since then, I've been busy re-booking cruises with my already paid for Cruise Next certificates plus the FCC.  Also got pro-active on my October cruise and changed it to another cruise before the final pay date.  Much easier!     I have to say that the CAS agents have been great to work with while I re-book cruises😊  

Hi all........I am happy to report that I finally got my refund that I requested on April 13th  for the April 30th cruise that was cancelled by NCL.   Last week my credit card company told me it was all in my account and they sent me a check which I received yesterday.  Got it all back, too, so I am thrilled.  I miss our cruises so much like all of you and I hope that we can all sail again sometime.  Good luck to all out there who are waiting........Patti

Say hey everyone. August trip to Bermuda was cancelled; received notice from credit card company today that the refund has been completed, and fully credited to my account. 

Refund request was made on July 6th.

I hope you all secure your refunds as quickly, if not more so. 

paul

Edited by toocruisin2

I just checked my credit card account thinking it wouldn't be there as they said could be 90 days.  But was happy and totally surprised it was credited to my account on 8/7 and I submitted request on 6/10.  Here's wishing that if you haven't received your refund yet that it will be there shortly.  Also, hoping that they come up with the vaccine(s) so that we can all get back to our passion of cruising. ❤️ 

Oh, one more thing... where do I look to see that my cruisenext voucher is returned.  I looked but couldn't find it.

Thanks

Edited by cruiseat50

On 8/5/2020 at 11:56 AM, Coreysgrl06 said:

I cancelled my November 12th cruise on 7/28 and today I received my refund. I was very surprised to receive it so soon. 

That is good to hear,

On 8/5/2020 at 12:01 PM, Isabella Benjamin said:

We cancelled two cruises, right before the final payment date.  We got our deposits (just $100/per cruise total) credit back to our card in about two weeks time.  

Thanks for posting I'm getting ready to request my refund.

• Like 1

We had our cruise from Mch 26th cancelled, finally received a refund a couple of weeks ago (although I still have the full FCC sat on my account)

I'm still waiting for excursion refunds though....5 months!

Have called and keep being told that I should have had it ...."er NO" !! Agents just keep fobbing me off and I may go down the credit card dispute route now 😞

On 8/7/2020 at 6:53 PM, Sand and Seas said:

At least we both now know we aren't the only one waiting😉

After the cancellation of our April 5th cruise, I've had a clipboard of things to cancel like pre-cruise hotel, air fare and post-cruise hotel.  All of those went pretty smooth.....just this one last little item still pending.

Since then, I've been busy re-booking cruises with my already paid for Cruise Next certificates plus the FCC.  Also got pro-active on my October cruise and changed it to another cruise before the final pay date.  Much easier!     I have to say that the CAS agents have been great to work with while I re-book cruises😊  

I FINALLY got my refund for the gratuities, dining package, and beverage package on August 18th.  YAY!

Maybe you'll be next if it hasn't happened already...?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jasperess said:

I FINALLY got my refund for the gratuities, dining package, and beverage package on August 18th.  YAY!

Maybe you'll be next if it hasn't happened already...?

It wasn't on my credit card yesterday....but it is today!   

It does show a credit date of August 18th so I guess it just took my CC a couple of days to process & post.   Thanks for letting me know.   So nice that we don't have to keep watching for that one anymore.

Only took 5 1/2 months:classic_huh:      Now my clipboard just how pre-plan items for future cruises🤞

We were set to sale end of June on a Hawaiian cruise. We used a Travel Agent who supposedly asked for a refund on the cruise in May.  Now she states that NCL does not want to give a refund.  I asked for her confirmation on the refund request but she has yet to supply it.  I went ahead and called NCL directly and they tell me I have to go thru my travel agent .  Does anyone have a similar situation that was hopefully resolved?

1 hour ago, Maria Acosta-F said:

We were set to sail end of June on a Hawaiian cruise. We used a Travel Agent who supposedly asked for a refund on the cruise in May.  Now she states that NCL does not want to give a refund.  I asked for her confirmation on the refund request but she has yet to supply it.  I went ahead and called NCL directly and they tell me I have to go thru my travel agent .  Does anyone have a similar situation that was hopefully resolved?

Edited by Maria Acosta-F

I scheduled a cruise in February for my husband and me and our son’s family.  It was for July 22, 2020 on the Jade from Barcelona to Athens.  I am the eternal optimist, so on May 18th I made the final payment.  The cruise was canceled and we were notified that we could request our refund on June 8 until I don’t remember what date.  On June the 8th between 8 and 9 am CST, I opened the link I was given and requested a refund first on my reservation number and then on my son’s reservation number.  I had no instructions on what I should expect to receive as acknowledgement.  I didn’t receive anything which made me a little uneasy.  About 10 am my travel agent called to remind that it was the first day to request my refund.  I told him that I had already done it.  My son and I exchanged an email (which I kept in my computer file about this cruise) that I had indeed requested our refunds.  I had read that it could take 90 days.  I waited.  On August 5 my son’s refund came.  Mine didn’t.  Wanting to remain patient and polite, I waited until almost 2 weeks had passed.  Then I called my travel agent.  He said that his notes showed that I had requested my refund on June 8 so he would call NCL.  He called me back shortly to say that NCL had no record of my request.  Again I assured him that I had in fact requested it on June 8 and wanted a refund.  He again called NCL and they told him that they had no record of my request and I had no recourse.  He gave me the link for their customer relations case submission form.  I used it and protested.  Got a reply the next morning denying my request.  I called NCL and was told they could do nothing, but gave me a number for their corporate office.  I called and talked to Jennifer.  Explained what had happened.  Told her that my husband is 76 years old, diabetic, has had a heart attack, and is in declining health.  He does not want to travel anywhere until this pandemic has ended and isn’t going anywhere currently.  She said that I missed my window of opportunity.  Everyone I talked with gave me the impression that I am an old woman who messed up the input, offering scenarios of what I could have done wrong.  I said that their computer system could have been overloaded and failed to get my request.  I AM VERY UNHAPPY WITH NCL.  THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN OUR 14th CRUISE.  I HAVE NEVER COMPLAINED ABOUT A SINGLE CRUISE OR CRUISE LINE.  I FEEL DISRESPECTED AND SCAMMED NY NCL.

4 minutes ago, Oklahoma Girl said:

I scheduled a cruise in February for my husband and me and our son’s family.  It was for July 22, 2020 on the Jade from Barcelona to Athens.  I am the eternal optimist, so on May 18th I made the final payment.  The cruise was canceled and we were notified that we could request our refund on June 8 until I don’t remember what date.  On June the 8th between 8 and 9 am CST, I opened the link I was given and requested a refund first on my reservation number and then on my son’s reservation number.  I had no instructions on what I should expect to receive as acknowledgement.  I didn’t receive anything which made me a little uneasy...

Hi, I am sorry this had happened to you. 

If you have proof (eg. Travel agent's record...), then you have another option to file a dispute to your credit card company. Most companies allow dispute within 60days of your actual travel date. Stop dealing with NCL, just show whatever you have to the credit card company, they might be able to help you.