Has anyone received their refund from NCL?

I heard NCL is a bit rough when it comes to refunds. They review it like a week or two and only then proceed with the refund itself. It may easily take up to 90 days before you get it and as far as I am concerned they are not offering credits or anything. I would like to hear what other people say about it 

30 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I heard NCL is a bit rough when it comes to refunds. They review it like a week or two and only then proceed with the refund itself. It may easily take up to 90 days before you get it and as far as I am concerned they are not offering credits or anything. I would like to hear what other people say about it 

I’m not really sure what you mean by this. I don’t agree that a 90 day refund policy is reasonable however I understand the scale of the circumstances that they have to deal with. NCL said they would refund within that time frame and they have done so. The earliest you could apply for a refund on the first tranche of cruises to be cancelled was 23rd March. 90 days after that is 21st June so until such times as they exceed their 90 day policy to make the refund, it’s difficult to be overly critical of them. I can’t talk for any policy changes that have happened subsequent to our cancelled cruise and full refund we were offered. 

I was credited my refund that I submitted on March 23 on June 11. The credit showed up in my credit card account today. Cruise was to depart on March 21.

Now I just have to wait for the refund for my May 31 cruise.

• Like 2

All these cruise lines are more or less in the same boat (no pun intended).  It took me 90 days exactly to get my refund on a cancelled Royal Cruise.  I expect Carnival to be similar as well as Celebrity.  I had heard Disney was quicker, but you pay more (a lot more) to have Disney characters on your ship.

4 hours ago, cruiser4801 said:

Refund received. Lesson learned. Never again NCL!!

Why though?  Aren't most of the cruiselines broadly in the same boat (highly original PUN 1) ?  They need to manage cashflow or they are gone.  Have complete sympathy for people that need the money quicker (though many would have spent it by now on their cruise), but at least the cruise lines will hopefully stay afloat (highly original PUN 2)

1 hour ago, macfam5 said:

Just received an email from NCL - that our refund is being processed. We requested the refund on March 25th

We also received the email. We requested the refund on 4/19 for a cancelled 3/29 sailing.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, macfam5 said:

Just received an email from NCL - that our refund is being processed. We requested the refund on March 25th

We received the email yesterday also. Refund requested 23 March for a cancelled cruise that was to start 22 March. The email said to allow 7 to 10 business days for the refund to fully process.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, travelingfarmgirl said:

We received the email yesterday also. Refund requested 23 March for a cancelled cruise that was to start 22 March. The email said to allow 7 to 10 business days for the refund to fully process.

I just received my email Yesterday that my refund would be credited.  Glad to see the funds are starting to roll back to people. I had also filed a claim with my credit card company last week and was suspicious of the timing.  At the very least it appears NCL stuck to their word of a refund in 90 days.  I know that’s a ridiculous timeframe but given the unprecedented times we’re in I’ll cut them some slack. My husband is small business and we went through hell getting his PPP so I’m a little more sympathetic to the frustrations experienced by our unemployment system, the PPP, airlines financial situations, etc.  have a great day everyone! 👍

• Like 3

On 5/28/2020 at 10:23 AM, CarolinaMamma said:

I know they said it could take up to 90 days. I submitted my refund request on March 23rd, the first day I could, for a Haven 2-bedroom family villa on an April 2020 cruise that was cancelled. Since then my PCC has called both me and my teenage son about booking with our future cruise credit, which makes me doubt NCL’s internal communication practices. I told my PCC I had requested the refund, not the FCC, but she was unable to check the status because her job is to book cruises. I tried not to push it because I’m sure these folks are stressed out and a lot of them are losing their jobs, but pointing me in the direction of someone who could help might have been nice. 

I’ll give them another few weeks, the full 90 days, but if I don’t see the refund come through, I may have to ask Amex for help getting it back. 

Curious to know if anyone else has received their refund. 

Your post helped me definitely Decide not to book for this summer. We too were looking to getaway. Our kids hated ending the year from home. We were hoping to take them on a cruise. They just had  another round of lays offs this week. Awful. I love cruising. 

Your post helped me definitely Decide not to book for this summer. We too were looking to getaway. Our kids hated ending the year from home. We were hoping to take them on a cruise. They just had  another round of lays offs this week. Awful. I love cruising. 
Maybe you should book after 15th October 2020. most Cruise lines should be sailing by then

2 minutes ago, drsel said:
8 minutes ago, Joan18 said:

Maybe you should book after 15th October 2020. most Cruise lines should be sailing by then

Do you have a source for that assertion?

Thanks.

Received partial credit 5 weeks ago and am still waiting for the remainder which is much larger than the partial credit. When I keep asking them I keep getting the same response which never addresses the issue. 

Completed the refund request form on Mar 23, received an email Jun 15 that they were processing it and today the money has been credited to my credit card.  Glad this is finally over.

For those of you who have received your refunds already, did you get the email from Norwegian saying that it was being processed (as some have said they did), or did it just show up to your payment method? I noticed that my FCC disappeared over the weekend but I have yet to receive that email or my refund...hopefully soon!