Has anyone received their refund from NCL?

3 minutes ago, podgeandrodge said:

Are any travel agents getting the refunds and then having to refund customers, or is NCL sending refunds direct?  (But they would not know the payment details, if TA's were paid?)

Refunds are made back to the payment method.  So if your TA booked using your CC number, then you will get the refund.  If your TA paid NCL directly (not common but some do it that way) then your TA will get the refund.  Look up your cc statement from when you paid and it will give you that info.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2020 at 3:06 PM, EBRB said:

All refunds posted to my account as of yesterday's date (didn't show up until today though). Basically a one week process from the time the FCC's disappeared. It been 60 days since I requested the cruise credit but spa passes and gratuities refunds took over 100 days. Happy it didn't take the 90 days!

I still await DSC and extras refund ...request March 10 ...there is hope!  Did you get an email about the extra items being refunded or just for the cruise portion.  I got my FCC long ago for my cruise )I did it under POM) but it is the other stuff I cancelled that I still wait for and it is approaching the 100 days so maybe it will arrive soon.

• Like 1

We just joined the waiting for refund group.  It has been a little more than 3 days and I just visited the NCL website and can't find where my cruise next certificates have been returned.  Does anyone have any idea where to look on the website to follow up and make sure CNC's  have been returned?  We are expecting a long wait on the money we put on the credit card but for the time being we would feel better about things if we could verify CNC's had been returned.  They told me they would be put back on our account within 48 hours.

2 hours ago, poffles said:

I still await DSC and extras refund ...request March 10 ...there is hope!  Did you get an email about the extra items being refunded or just for the cruise portion.  I got my FCC long ago for my cruise )I did it under POM) but it is the other stuff I cancelled that I still wait for and it is approaching the 100 days so maybe it will arrive soon.

I received one refund email that listed all the refunds separately (spa passes, gratuities, cruise deposit and balance of cruise). They came through as four separate credits to my card. I hope you receive your refunds soon!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, julig22 said:

Refunds are made back to the payment method.  So if your TA booked using your CC number, then you will get the refund.  If your TA paid NCL directly (not common but some do it that way) then your TA will get the refund.  Look up your cc statement from when you paid and it will give you that info.

Thanks Julig.  Yep, it came up as travel agent, hence I am guessing that they will get it alright.  Hope they are still ok haha.

10 hours ago, EBRB said:

I received one refund email that listed all the refunds separately (spa passes, gratuities, cruise deposit and balance of cruise). They came through as four separate credits to my card. I hope you receive your refunds soon!

Same here.  Now that this is nearly a completed (reverse) transaction, we have to reflect that, even though we're disappointed that we didn't get to cruse, at least NCL did what they say they would do, and, in today's business climate, this is not to be ignored.  +1 to NCL, and best wishes to all that still await their completed transactions.

• Like 1

I'm still waiting... cruise was scheduled on 4/8... they cancelled and then delayed you requesting a refund for a couple of weeks. The first day I was allowed I asked for a full refund. They said it could be up to 90 days. I didn't think they would be in business that long so I disputed the charge. In the mean time my account said I had asked for future cruise credit. I called NCL and said I wanted a refund, not a fcc. They said "We just do that for everybody, even though we know you asked for a refund." After disputing the charge my card gave me the money right back. Apparently NCL had 30 days to dispute my dispute, which they did on the last day. EVEN THOUGH THEY ACKNOWLEDGED THAT I HAD ASKED FOR A REFUND, THEY SENT A 54 PAGE LETTER SAYING I OWED THEM THE MONEY. My card immediately recharged me. Since then NCL has acknowledged in writing that I had requested a refund and they are processing it. 

I see threads about future cruising. I will definitely cruise in the future, BUT NEVER WITH NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINES!!!!

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Bigcatmd said:

I'm still waiting... cruise was scheduled on 4/8... they cancelled and then delayed you requesting a refund for a couple of weeks. The first day I was allowed I asked for a full refund. They said it could be up to 90 days. I didn't think they would be in business that long so I disputed the charge. In the mean time my account said I had asked for future cruise credit. I called NCL and said I wanted a refund, not a fcc. They said "We just do that for everybody, even though we know you asked for a refund." After disputing the charge my card gave me the money right back. Apparently NCL had 30 days to dispute my dispute, which they did on the last day. EVEN THOUGH THEY ACKNOWLEDGED THAT I HAD ASKED FOR A REFUND, THEY SENT A 54 PAGE LETTER SAYING I OWED THEM THE MONEY. My card immediately recharged me. Since then NCL has acknowledged in writing that I had requested a refund and they are processing it. 

I see threads about future cruising. I will definitely cruise in the future, BUT NEVER WITH NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINES!!!!

😲  that's crazy.  Amazing how they can respond to the dispute, even though it was on the last day.  A 54 page letter ... come on.  Guess they are bitter about people doing this.  Hope yours isn't in the processing bucket too long.

I think what is making me grow weary is the sporadic nature of those receiving refunds.  People 'cruising' in April should not be getting $$ refunds before those dated the beginning of March, especially items cancelled for refund prior to any suspended sailings.  There should be some effort to clean those early ones up by now; clearly the 90 days is extremely inconsistent. 

It's difficult to still have no idea when I might get the refund and having to check my card(s) every day.  Beyond 90 days now which is totally ridiculous at this point so I might have to face the same reality even though I really didn't want to have to do that.   Thankfully my refund is not as large as some being for the entire cruise.

38 minutes ago, Peachypooh said:

Our cruise was to leave May 11. I put in for a refund on the first day I could which was April 20.

Over the weekend my FCC disappeared . Hoping it comes through this week. Today is day 63.

My FCC disappeared for my April 23 cruise last Monday, still nothing.

I applied for my refund a couple of weeks ago. I logged into my account a couple of times last week to see if the FCC disappeared and it was still there. Today, I tried to log in, I got this message: "You must be authenticated to access this page." Do they cancel the access to your account page when you ask for a refund? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bigcatmd said:

EVEN THOUGH THEY ACKNOWLEDGED THAT I HAD ASKED FOR A REFUND, THEY SENT A 54 PAGE LETTER SAYING I OWED THEM THE MONEY. My card immediately recharged me.

I don't see the logic for NCL doing this.  Instead of processing a refund, they are spending 10X as much energy fighting the disputes and lying in the process.  They are in effect accusing their customers of lying to their CC company.  All that this can accomplish is to further alienate their customers.   This kind of thing has been going on even before the pandemic.  With a business model like this, I don't see a future for NCL.  We have other choices.

4 hours ago, AK Dreaming said:

My FCC disappeared for my April 23 cruise last Monday, still nothing.

4 hours ago, Peachypooh said:

Our cruise was to leave May 11. I put in for a refund on the first day I could which was April 20.

Over the weekend my FCC disappeared . Hoping it comes through this week. Today is day 63.

How do you check the balance of your FCC?  When I'm logged in to my account, I see that I can check my Latitudes Rewards, but I don't see a link to check if I have FCC.

27 minutes ago, Lou33 said:

How do you check the balance of your FCC?  When I'm logged in to my account, I see that I can check my Latitudes Rewards, but I don't see a link to check if I have FCC.

You should receive an email with the list of refunds you'll receive.  That's how mine showed up and then, it was listed on MYNcl. I still show my Insurance refund on MyNcl since I haven't used it on any of my future cruises.  If, at some point, you've shown an FCC and it disappears, usually means your refund is being processed. 

You should see your FCC amount at the bottom of the page under any cruises you have booked. 

Do you see anything that looks like this: 

My Coupons and Credits

Coupon ID Amount Valid From Onboard Credit
Your Peace of Mind Future Cruise Credit Call 1-866-234-7350 to have this credit added to your booking. xxxxxxx $xxx.00 1/1/2012 - 3/31/2021  
Edited by All-ready2cruise

21 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

You should receive an email with the list of refunds you'll receive.  That's how mine showed up and then, it was listed on MYNcl. I still show my Insurance refund on MyNcl since I haven't used it on any of my future cruises.  If, at some point, you've shown an FCC and it disappears, usually means your refund is being processed. 

You should see your FCC amount at the bottom of the page under any cruises you have booked.

No, I've never seen that.  When I go to ncl.com and I click on "my account" I see:

My Cruise Vacation(s)

Start Exploring and Booking your Excursions and Activities now!
You currently have no cruise reservations.PLAN A CRUISE

When I requested a refund for the 4/17 cruise that NCL cancelled,  I received a very vague email response from ncl:

NCLH Pre Cruise Guest Relations <noreply@ncl.com>
Wed 4/15/2020 12:14 PM
  •  You

Thank you.

Your refund request form was submitted successfully. Please allow 90 days for us to process your request.

Norwegian Cruise Line Pre Cruise Guest Relations

There's no mention of the details of the refund (possibly by design?).  No mention of the cruise date, dollar amount, etc.  

11 minutes ago, Lou33 said:

No, I've never seen that.  When I go to ncl.com and I click on "my account" I see:

My Cruise Vacation(s)

Start Exploring and Booking your Excursions and Activities now!
You currently have no cruise reservations.PLAN A CRUISE

When I requested a refund for the 4/17 cruise that NCL cancelled,  I received a very vague email response from ncl:

NCLH Pre Cruise Guest Relations <noreply@ncl.com>
Wed 4/15/2020 12:14 PM
  •  You

Thank you.

Your refund request form was submitted successfully. Please allow 90 days for us to process your request.

Norwegian Cruise Line Pre Cruise Guest Relations

There's no mention of the details of the refund (possibly by design?).  No mention of the cruise date, dollar amount, etc.  

That is the same email I received. As for the FCC it was listed in MyNCL under account details.

We received our full refund on June 11 back to our AMEX card. We requested a refund on March 23rd for our March 20 Tahiti cruise. Prior to NCL canceling our cruise we requested our gratuities to be canceled. Our TA did that on March 13. We were told it would take 7 to 10 days for the credit to our cc. We never received the canceled gratuities credit until June 11 when they were included with our cruise fare.

Interestingly we received an email last week from NCL saying our refund was being processed and we would receive the refund in 7 to 10 days. We actually were refunded the $ on June 11 before we even got the email.

We started a dispute a month ago with AMEX. We received a several page explanation from NCL stating that we were not eligible for a refund because we canceled the cruise. NCL canceled because the ship wasn't allowed to dock in Tahiti. So we reopened the dispute. Luckily we received our refund from NCL. We closed our cc dispute. Glad to have our refund. Our refund ended up happening at around 80 days. Check your credit card statement.  You may find a nice surprise.

Good luck everyone. Hope you receive your refund soon.

• Like 1

I was surprised to see my refund show up on my cc this morning within the 90 days.  I requested the refund on April 13th for an Apr 21st cruise.  I also received refunds for dining, beverage and internet that I had cancelled in early March.  This afternoon I received an email from NCL confirming the refund.  I am now fully refunded! 

• Like 1

I know they said it could take up to 90 days. I submitted my refund request on March 23rd, the first day I could, for a Haven 2-bedroom family villa on an April 2020 cruise that was cancelled. Since then my PCC has called both me and my teenage son about booking with our future cruise credit, which makes me doubt NCL’s internal communication practices. I told my PCC I had requested the refund, not the FCC, but she was unable to check the status because her job is to book cruises. I tried not to push it because I’m sure these folks are stressed out and a lot of them are losing their jobs, but pointing me in the direction of someone who could help might have been nice. 

I’ll give them another few weeks, the full 90 days, but if I don’t see the refund come through, I may have to ask Amex for help getting it back. 

Curious to know if anyone else has received their refund. 

Just got mine today - April 18 sail date on the escape refund requested April 13 and received refund email today June 23.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Several people on my roll call For April 19 got their refunds today.  I didn't.  I heard there might be a problem with cards with new expiration dates which mine had.  My TA said it wouldn't matter but I'm a little nervous.

Several people on my roll call For April 19 got their refunds today.  I didn't.  I heard there might be a problem with cards with new expiration dates which mine had.  My TA said it wouldn't matter but I'm a little nervous.

Please keep me posted on your findings as I may have the same problem. TIA

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Sharing my experience with the refund process for the Bliss 4/19 - 5/10.  

• NCL cancellation email received on 3/30
  • Completed and submitted refund request form on 4/13.   Received generic email confirmation.
  • Wasn't confident on NCL honoring refund request, so I disputed charge with Chase on 5/12.  
  • Water packaged credited to CC on 6/3 with transaction date of 5/29
  • FCC removed from NCL account on 6/17
  • Received NCL email of confirmed / processing of refund on 6/23
  • Refund credited to CC on 6/24, with transaction date of 6/19.
  • Like 1