Extra Large CC Balconies on Solstice Class Ships

kebrown

2 hours ago, kebrown said:

Can someone tell me which concierge class cabins on the hump of deck 12 have the largest balconies on the Solstice class ships?

9192 on Equinox had a giant balcony...two chairs and two loungers, plenty of room..check the deck  plan for those above it.  

As someone with 6 S class cruises in the last 8 years, 2 in Concierge class I also say just get a Standard hump balcony. Paying the extra isn’t worth the extra $$ for a CC class in my opinion. All 6 of my cruises were hump balcony’s .  Charlie

As others have said the cabins are all the same.   We sometimes take a 1A on the slant of the hump on deck 7 or 8 or 9.  As others have said the first and third off the hump are the largest.   The ones without the sofa bed (black square) are bed by the balcony where the other ones are bed by the bath.   Because we like starboard side and the largest balcony we are usually in the first cabin off the aft side of the hump.

On the latest sailing C3 was actually cheaper than 1B category so using the 1 category Captains Club upgrade we chose the C2 at the C3 price and got up a couple of decks.

I like the C1 on on Solstice deck 12. One deck up to food and drinks to bring back to the cabin to enjoy on that large balcony. Going to the pool just walk right out to the pool. If your a smoker, very close to the smoking area. (I dont smoke). The only time I did smell smoke it was coming from the Penthouse below. I saw the cigarette in their hand.

6 hours ago, dkjretired said:

Cabins on S class ships are the same size, some of the verandas may be bigger. I would just get a regular cabin on the hump since Concierge benefitsare way overrated.

Our first cruise was Concierge simply because it was priced lower than a Veranda (yes, it happens sometimes due to their logarithm). We've since sailed Veranda because the price difference doesn't warrant the bottle of wine and the embarkation lunch in our opinion. They also put fruit in our room everyday which we never ate.

T

11 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

Our first cruise was Concierge simply because it was priced lower than a Veranda (yes, it happens sometimes due to their logarithm). We've since sailed Veranda because the price difference doesn't warrant the bottle of wine and the embarkation lunch in our opinion. They also put fruit in our room everyday which we never ate.

T

Yes, that can happen, we actually went from an inside to an Aqua class cabin because the price was cheaper.   Lower prices are the only reason I would do a Concierge.   We also were very proactive when booking a cruise, would check prices for various cabins almost daily. 

I love the hump angled balconies of C1 on Solstice Class ships!  I also love Concierge Class...from the Welcome Luncheon in the MDR, to the complementary bottle of wine and daily fruit/snacks, to the disembarkation lounge....plus the occasional special perks like sailaway from port on the helipad.  

Can't wait to sail Reflection in November 2021!

We also enjoy the angled hump cabins for their larger balconies.  As an FYI, the angled balconies are C2 on the S Class ships, the C1 cabins are across the back of the ship like the Sunset Veranda cabins.  The good thing about the C2 cabins is that you can use the Captains Club upgrade to book them a C3 cabin.  You cannot use the upgrade to the C1 cabins.