Cruise Planner Refunds...How Long?

Good Morning All!
Over a year ago we planned and booked a Fall cruise to Canada/New England area.  As we all know, life has a way of throwing you a curve ball sometimes, and it seems that Covid 19 is that curve ball.  As of today, we have not yet cancelled our cruise, and are being optimistic that it will happen! 🙏

What we have done is to cancel all of our excursions and cruise planner purchases just in case.  My question is this, if you have cancelled your cruise planner purchases, how long did it take to get a refund?  Now I know that it's taking a little longer for the refunds to happen and I'm ok with that, just wondering out loud, that's all!

Here's to your next cruise whenever that may be, and THANKS in advance!

Not specifically Cruise Planner, but my refunds are taking between 3-8 weeks. We had 3 lower priced refunds for our cruise, canceled beverage package because we moved dates, then canceled drink packages again when they came out about 50% off. Still waiting on the one drink package refund then we will be set. All I would take from this is that it takes a while.

Before the layoffs we had a drink package refunded in 2 days when we got a lower price. 

When we realized we were not going we cancelled the rest of the purchases.  That was 29 days ago. Waiting on drink packages, speciality dining and a floating cabana to be refunded. 

We have received cruise planner refunds in about a week, one for a March cruise cancelled in March and one for an August cruise cancelled last week. Still waiting over 75 days for a refund of taxes/fees from the cancelled March cruise. 

mac_tlc

7 hours ago, BIBPhotography said:

Good Morning All!
What we have done is to cancel all of our excursions and cruise planner purchases just in case.  My question is this, if you have cancelled your cruise planner purchases, how long did it take to get a refund?  

To date I have received all of my refunds for excursions dining and internet packages within 2 to 3 weeks.  Most recent refund in May took only 10 days.

Thanks for the info guys and gals!  We cancelled the Cruise Planner stuff on 5/12, so hopefully sooner than later!  Just got news that Canada closed its ports till Oct 31, so my cruise is now in jeopardy!

Edited by BIBPhotography

We canceled March 6 the day Cruise with Confidence was announced.  They screwed us because our sailing was March 7 and they did not have 48 hours notice.  With a doctors notice we eventually got FCCs but they were only good for 1 year till next March and not till the end of 2021 like Cruise with Confidence has.  

We got our port fees and taxes 30 years in early April.  

We are at Day 85 or so on Cruise Planner purchases.  I have been sending regular bug emails to them.  Finally this week a rep said they sent in an expedited request but it still may take 2 weeks or so.  

We also had $100 in Next Cruise credits for this sailing and the rep said those are toast we do not get them either as money or as credits to another sailing.

We do have a down under cruise for next March that we could apply the above FCCs to but I have my doubts that cruise will happen or that things will be healthy enough for my multiple risk factor wife to sail.  I have the feeling those FCCs will get tossed to the wind by RCI.

I would like to Lift and Shift next March's cruise after applying the FCCs but the 2022 sailings for Australia are not available yet and who knows if they will be by the August 1 deadline.

This whole experience which is still not over has left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.  I am on the edge of writing off RCI for the future after all this.

27 minutes ago, zalusky said:

We canceled March 6 the day Cruise with Confidence was announced.  They screwed us because our sailing was March 7 and they did not have 48 hours notice.  With a doctors notice we eventually got FCCs but they were only good for 1 year till next March and not till the end of 2021 like Cruise with Confidence has.  

We got our port fees and taxes 30 years in early April.  

We are at Day 85 or so on Cruise Planner purchases.  I have been sending regular bug emails to them.  Finally this week a rep said they sent in an expedited request but it still may take 2 weeks or so.  

We also had $100 in Next Cruise credits for this sailing and the rep said those are toast we do not get them either as money or as credits to another sailing.

We do have a down under cruise for next March that we could apply the above FCCs to but I have my doubts that cruise will happen or that things will be healthy enough for my multiple risk factor wife to sail.  I have the feeling those FCCs will get tossed to the wind by RCI.

I would like to Lift and Shift next March's cruise after applying the FCCs but the 2022 sailings for Australia are not available yet and who knows if they will be by the August 1 deadline.

This whole experience which is still not over has left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.  I am on the edge of writing off RCI for the future after all this.

We are also waiting for cruise planner purchases. What email address did you send your emails to?

Just now, ranchette said:

We are also waiting for cruise planner purchases. What email address did you send your emails to?

We booked this particular cruise through a well known big box travel agency.  We cancelled through them but when it came to trying to get the FCCs and Cruise with Confidence they gave us a special email address to them.  As a result of that we wound up getting in an email thread between them and RCI.  I don't know if the RCI reps we are dealing with are specific to this wll know big box travel agency.  If you booked through a travel agency I would start with them.

On 5/29/2020 at 9:50 AM, bouhunter said:

We did a lift and shift a couple weeks ago, received refund on the beverage packages in 4-5 days.  Sounds like we got lucky.

I'd say you are lucky because we did a Lift & Shift on May 6 and our $18 alcohol package and our UDP were cancelled by RC and we still don't have a refund.  

I am still waiting for refunds from my cruise planner. Drink package and specialty restaurants. It is now over 45 days.

I was on hold yesterday over 1 hour and finally spoke to customer service. He told me since I used two different credit cards it has delayed my refunds and it may take another 45 days to get them. This is unbelievable!

Thanks for all your answers and suggestions about my refund.  I called RCCL this morning, waited on the phone for 47 minutes for someone to answer.  After speaking with the rep for about 3 minutes, she placed me on hold again for another 35 minutes, only to come back and give me the following answer...

"Your refund has been processed and you could receive it at any moment"

I had to laugh and ask the question, "At any moment, or within 45 days?"  Anyway, at least I'm on track!  Looking forward to tomorrows announcement about my Oct 11 cruise!

My 4/20 cruise was canceled on 3/24.  I opted (temporarily) for the FCC.  My taxes and pre-paid gratuities have yet to be refunded.

I was given until 4/9 to either take a FCC for my cruise planner purchases or just to have them refunded.  I opted to have them refunded.  I still haven't seen a nickel back.  Others in my family on the same sailing have had theirs refunded for weeks.  So, it's apparently a crapshoot, but the bottom line is : don't expect it to be quick.  If it is, you got lucky.  I'm on day 53 since the 4/9 deadline to take the FCC and am still waiting....

Our cc refund is on day 77 and counting.... Our FCC was applied to a previously scheduled cruise for February 2021.  In a way, I feel bad for RCI, being thrown this curve ball and NOT being allowed to restart....

I canceled our Dining package for Brilliance June 12 sailing on April 26 and all booked excursions on April 29.  The cruise was canceled on May 20th.   I received a full refund for   dining package, excursions and the cruise on May 29, 2020.     I opted for the refund as I wanted to book the canceled 2020 Brilliance cruise on Celebrity Reflection for 2021.  I get a better deal on Celebrity.

I reached out on twitter and was told 45 days. It makes no sense as we had excursion booked for 3 people, across two reservations. They refunded 1/3 within a week, 40 days later still waiting for the other two,