Cruise ships with over 500 passengers to be banned from Canadian ports until Oct 31, 2020

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Strange, The cruise agency I book through still has Adventure of the Seas  September 24th 2020 as bookable.

Maybe a quick way for someone to pickup a FCC125% Coupon.

They aren't live with Royal.  Typically most of those agencies only update a couple times a day or overnight.  Only when you go to book a room do they sync up to get inventory and sometimes not even then.

Odds are that once you try to book it will come up as unavailable.  I've even seen it where someone did book then their TA cancelled it on them the next day as the TA could not book it.

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They aren't live with Royal.  Typically most of those agencies only update a couple times a day or overnight.  Only when you go to book a room do they sync up to get inventory and sometimes not even then.

Odds are that once you try to book it will come up as unavailable.  I've even seen it where someone did book then their TA cancelled it on them the next day as the TA could not book it.

Most times you are right, this site I use it pretty much up to date...........I was doing a mock booking......didn't give me any errors either, I was 1 click away from confirming..........

If I just put in deposit of $500 will it turn into a FCC for $625?  Final  not due until June7th

Edited by Jimbo

10 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Yes.

No way we can sail from YVR, but they probably want to hold out the carrot for "maybe Seattle will work."  And after final, deep six this one also.

Are you talking about an Alaska cruise or one to Hawaii?

If Hawaii, that would violate the PVSA.  They can't sail from Seattle to Hawaii without a stop at a "distant foreign port".

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Most times you are right, this site I use it pretty much up to date...........I was doing a mock booking......didn't give me any errors either, I was 1 click away from confirming..........

Try confirming.  nothings final until you enter your credit card

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Try confirming.  nothings final until you enter your credit card

I think I better not.............my agent will shoot me, I bothered her enough in the last 6 weeks............... lol

8 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Are you talking about an Alaska cruise or one to Hawaii?

If Hawaii, that would violate the PVSA.  They can't sail from Seattle to Hawaii without a stop at a "distant foreign port".

The cruise ECCruise is on is the same one I'm on. Radiance Vancouver-Tokyo-Singapore Sept 4. If the rest of the Alaska season is cancelled I can't see RCI bringing ships like Radiance and Ovation over just to turn around and go back. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

12 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

The cruise ECCruise is on is the same one I'm on. Radiance Vancouver-Tokyo-Singapore Sept 4. If the rest of the Alaska season is cancelled I can't see RCI bringing ships like Radiance and Ovation over just to turn around and go back. 

Especially since Radiance is currently in Singapore and Ovation in Mumbai.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Got it.  That could certainly depart from Seattle, all other things being equal.

55 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Or get a waiver to the PVSA or stop and get fuel but don't let guests off, I'm sure there could be some other options available

No one is getting a waiver period.. The point is to CANCEL cruises, not to find loopholes to allow cruises to occur.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

If they allow refueling/docking (but no passengers off), that may be enough to qualify as a foreign port to satisfy PVSA - in that case Alaska sailing could still happen.

Not for me unfortunately....doing B2B on Radiance...Vancouver is our turn around port, but for 99% of the ship...it's the embarkation port for northbound.  😞 

I would have no problem staying on the ship...ship could sail with just the 1% of us.  LOL!!  😄 😄 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

While normally I would have said very slim as they have been sticking to a 30 cancellation schedule I just checked and all Alaska sailings have been pulled from the website.  I would suspect an announcement soon.  Perhaps Wednesday on the travel agent webinar.

Waiting for it as well..as I have been for weeks now, figuring the Alaska B2B was a bust.  I am hoping they make the official statement soon, since I would like to request the refund. 

No real reason not to step forward now RCI...and do the right thing by us!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They got the memo, they just chose to stick to their own 30 day rolling cancellation schedule.  FWIW all Alaska and Canada N/E sailings have been pulled from the website so I would expect an announcement soon

Yup, there goes my NE/Canada cruise (along with many others) for September as well....unless Grandeur stops off at Bermuda on the nine night, like they do on the 5 night.  Assuming Bermuda even lets them in.  😮 

Edited by island lady

57 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Especially since Radiance is currently in Singapore and Ovation in Mumbai.

Serenade is another...but she is in Barbados...has been for awhile, but now many ships in there doing repatriation of crew.  

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The one big difference is that they have now pulled them from the website where before they didn't.

Official announcement by tonight perhaps?   Cat is out of the bag...they need make the announcement soon.  

Already cancelled my Alaska shore excursions, need to cancel train as well.  But as long as Delta is still flying up there, looks like that cabin in Homer for two weeks will now be a go.  😉 

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Serenade is another...but she is in Barbados...has been for awhile, but now many ships in there doing repatriation of crew.  

I am aware of that.

I was just postulating that I was doubtful that RCCL would bring Radiance and Ovation back from Singapore and Mumbai just to turn them around and take them back across the Pacific.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ECCruise said:

I am aware of that.

I was just postulating that I was doubtful that RCCL would bring Radiance and Ovation back from Singapore and Mumbai just to turn them around and take them back across the Pacific.

I was just adding to the info, figured you knew...but others may not be aware.  😉 And I agree with you.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RETNAVY1996 said:

Glad I did the lift and shift on this one a few weeks ago when policy came out.

I had no where to L&S...totally booked for next year.  But, eh....refund and spend elsewhere.  

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Got it.  That could certainly depart from Seattle, all other things being equal.

It could but would it is the big question. They'd have to bring her over from Asia empty just to turn around and sail back. Now if it wasn't for the PVSA there could be RT Seattle cruises. 

Just now, suzyluvs2cruise said:

It could but would it is the big question. They'd have to bring her over from Asia empty just to turn around and sail back. Now if it wasn't for the PVSA there could be RT Seattle cruises. 

No they won't because it's not going to happen.