June 1st announcement coming re: cruise protocol going forward

21 minutes ago, BonnieJeanne said:

They added a July (Baltic I believe) cruise on the Escape just last week. It’s a new listing

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It can not be correct. The escape is repatriating crew and is not due to arrive in Asia until 3 July 2020 and NCL  have announced all cruises stopped until 31 July 2020 . Also some of the countries i.e. Russia is not open until 15 July to foreign visitors. Also check the port arrivals it isn't there!!!  

Edited by bmwman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

There were way too many rumors regarding this announcement but in reality we got no real announcement at all. Its like waiting for Santa to come out of a chimney but in the end you get just your dad hiding behind a Christmas tree. I expect any real announcement somewhere closer next week or so  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

There were way too many rumors regarding this announcement but in reality we got no real announcement at all. Its like waiting for Santa to come out of a chimney but in the end you get just your dad hiding behind a Christmas tree. I expect any real announcement somewhere closer next week or so  

We got an announcement, many were expecting super tight restrictions (not you), seems it wont be.  

14 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

We got an announcement, many were expecting super tight restrictions (not you), seems it wont be.  

Agreed.  These were not the dooms day predictions we were hearing from some.  As I said, these seem reasonable to me.  I would have much rather preferred pre-boarding testing and less on-board temperature checks, but maybe that was impossible to figure out.   

• Haha 1

I'm a little disappointed with the announcement, but that's on me. The announcement did provide some peace of mind details, so that's a good thing. 

I was hoping that we'd actually see something that would let us know which ships (I believe 3 NCL branded ships) would be first to re-launch, from where, to where and when.  That would allow for better planning going into August. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Agreed - they will hold back about masks but already we know crew will  wear them. 

i will leave cruising for a year and see what happens. i hope all goes well when the restart comes!!

I can tell you the Escape is NOT going to Copenhagen as most people can not get into the country 

Edited by bmwman
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Fredric22 said:

Agreed.  These were not the dooms day predictions we were hearing from some.  As I said, these seem reasonable to me.  I would have much rather preferred pre-boarding testing and less on-board temperature checks, but maybe that was impossible to figure out.   

Yeah the Doom and Gloom bunch ,got it wrong.  i am certainly onboard with these changes.  cost wise i think it would be too much to test everybody, also some could test negative and be positive 3 days later. 

Goodness, I don’t know whether to be relieved that things aren’t as extreme as expected or concerned that they’re not! Overall, it sounds good to me, but I couldn’t tell if the overall pax capacity for any given will be lower or if it’s just onboard venue capacity that will be lowered? 

Well, that cruise may be problematic for passengers to go ashore in various ports: Eg Denmark is until August 31st for the time being opening up their borders only to citizens of Norway, Iceland and Germany. The Danish authorities are currently in dialog with Swedish and Finnish authorities regarding getting mutual access across the borders and NO other nationalities- but not to cities with populations of 750.000 inhabitants or more (leaving Copenhagen  out of the "question" for visitors, exept in transit from the CPH airport to other places in Denmark (if I as a Norwegian want to travel to Denmark, I am now allowed to do so without any quarantene in each end, BUT I would have to provide proof of hotel booked for my entire stay that is NOT in Copenhagen). And regarding Sweden - they have a very high deadly toll due to Covid-19 compared to the rest of the Nordic countries, especially the Stockholm region, so that is why Sweden is currently not in the "deal" together with Norway, Iceland and  Denmark. Germany plan on lifting travel ban for people from the entire EU region from June 15th - but NOT  for people from outside of Europe. 

So to believe that the Escape will be able to visit many ports on that itinerary already in July is a very unrealistic "dream" - unless you are of Nordic or German nationality....

f3a50c10e50993260975a4c80d17e473.jpg
It’s in the web site. I’m not interested so I scrolled by. Just sayin’

It can not be correct. The escape is repatriating crew and is not due to arrive in Asia until 3 July 2020 and NCL  have announced all cruises stopped until 31 July 2020 . Also some of the countries i.e. Russia is not open until 15 July to foreign visitors. Also check the port arrivals it isn't there!!!  

I didn’t check because I’m not interested. I’m just saying it’s on the website. 811cb2c9fb3976deda8311f524a1eb77.jpg

1 hour ago, BonnieJeanne said:

They added a July (Baltic I believe) cruise on the Escape just last week. It’s a new listing

1 hour ago, seaman11 said:

im going to say his quote in my sig,  😉

It's an error on the website. The ship will not be in that area of the world at that time and if try to book it you'll see that you can't.

Note: I know others have already said pretty much the same thing, but since one of my posts was quoted by BonnieJeanne I feel justified in responding. 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2020 at 5:02 PM, pcakes122 said:

By the same management that is being investigated for telling PCCs to tell customers that Covid was no big deal and wouldn't impact the islands because it was too hot?

“The Coronavirus can only survive in cold temperatures, so the Caribbean is a fantastic choice for your next cruise” and “Scientists and medical professionals have confirmed that the warm weather of the spring will be the end of the Coronavirus.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article241130246.html

pancakes,  the new protocols are out, what are your thoughts now?

11 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

If you are asking what I think of the new protocols, the only one I see on that list that is "new" is the fogging of public spaces.  Every other procedure on that list was in place on my March Bliss cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fredric22 said:

Yeah the Doom and Gloom bunch ,got it wrong.  i am certainly onboard with these changes.  cost wise i think it would be too much to test everybody, also some could test negative and be positive 3 days later. 

14 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

1 minute ago, pcakes122 said:

If you are asking what I think of the new protocols, the only one I see on that list that is "new" is the fogging of public spaces.  Every other procedure on that list was in place on my March Bliss cruise.

As pcakes 122 said there's little new here. 

All of you who are doing the "Happy Happy Joy Joy" dance are overlooking the fact that this isn't the final and comprehensive list of changes that may have to be made to obtain CDC approval to resume US itineraries. In the Cruise Critic article on NCL's new procedures you find the following :

"The line notes it will continue to work with all authorities to develop additional procedures in line with CDC and local health agencies around the world."

• Like 4

It was just an observation, something I casually noticed, not an opinion on anything. Not looking for a fight. Good grief

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

As pcakes 122 said there's little new here. 

All of you who are doing the "Happy Happy Joy Joy" dance are overlooking the fact that this isn't the final and comprehensive list of changes that may have to be made to obtain CDC approval to resume US itineraries. In the Cruise Critic article on NCL's new procedures you find the following :

"The line notes it will continue to work with all authorities to develop additional procedures in line with CDC and local health agencies around the world."

We were told the other day, what the smaller cruise lines announced would be far different from what the big 3 announced as far as changes for pax.  turns out it was very similar as expected by some of us. 

22 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

Right so what we said of this announcement was that it would be similar to the smaller cruiselines which you disagreed with. 

The cruislines know if they change too much it will not be as enjoyable, they have stated they want to keep that same type of atmosphere as before . precautions without changing too much of the cruise experience. 

Edited by seaman11

3 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

We were told the other day, what the smaller cruise lines announced would be far different from what the big 3 announced as far as changes for pax.  turns out it was very similar as expected by some of us. 

Are you totally oblivious to the fact that NCL has stated that they are still working with the CDC to develop protocols?

That's a rhetorical question, by the way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Are you totally oblivious to the fact that NCL has stated that they are still working with the CDC to develop protocols?

That's a rhetorical question, by the way.

That doesnt mean it will effect our experience adversely though. they may make other changes, of course but you dont think they have been working with them for months before this protocol announcement?  

2 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

That doesnt mean it will effect our experience adversely though. they may make other changes, of course but you dont think they have been working with them for months before this protocol announcement?  

The CDC says they haven't :

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article242945396.html

A spokesperson for the CDC said the agency has not consulted with any cruise lines yet about resuming operations.

“We don’t have enough information at this time to say when it will be safe for passenger travel to resume,” said spokesperson Scott Pauley in an email Wednesday. “Our current focus is helping crew members safely return home to their families and ensuring cruise lines are providing a safe environment for crew members to work and to disembark. We will continue to evaluate and update our recommendations as the situation evolves.”

• Like 3

horse that says no talks of when it will resume, not that they havent been in talks with them.  get real, 

pack it in and admit the new protocols are not as bad as you and some others thought they would be as far as interfering with a passengers cruise enjoyment. 

I agree there will be more subtle changes , as in what they will do for the muster drills and a few other minor things.