Sky Suite Question

MickeyG

On 5/29/2020 at 6:48 PM, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Although it is unlikely that you will not have a beverage package, on the off chance you don't, the only free drinks will be Michaels Club or the CC happy hour.

Are you saying there is no 5 to 7 pm Happy Hour for Captain's Club members?

4 hours ago, 39august said:

The referenced" CC happy hour" is the Captain's Club 5-7 free drinks. None on embarkation day nor evening of the Senior Officers' party. 

Guess I will have to wear my glasses when reading posts.  I did not see the CC thus my question.  After 15 Celebrity cruises I know the routine unless something has changed since 2016.  Have cruises 16 and 17 booked for 2021 and hope to enjoy CC free drinks 5-7 each evening.

On 5/30/2020 at 6:54 AM, jelayne said:

Luminae is excellent and is open for breakfast and dinner every day.  For lunch it is open on sea days but not port day.

You are not required to eat in Luminae and for breakfast you can go to the MDR, Luminae, or Blu (the restaurant for Aqua Class guests.

As @begood2me said on the Eclipse the kitchens for Luminae and the MDR are in the same area so you can dine in Luminae and select your meal from either the Luminae or MDR menu.  Should you want to eat in the MDR ask the MaitreD  in Luminae to arrange that for you.

The Eclipse, although not yet revolutionized is a beautiful ship.  Michaels Club;The Retreat is the dedicated lounge for Suite guests and is open from early morning to late in the evening.  In addition to cocktails you can pick up cans of soda, bottled water.  Afternoon tea & goodies are served in the afternoon, coffee is available all day and there is a Conceigre in MC to assist you as needed.  Of course you are welcome to visit any of the other bars/lounges on the ship.

Please can someone tell me if all the above applies to an S2 (Sky Suite) on Solstice?  I seem to be getting mixed messages and the Celebrity site isn't clear, especially as they sometimes refer to the Retreat.

Mainly I guess we'd like to know if there is a place we can go to for cocktails before dinner and are they included?  We will have the beverage package also. 

Any comments on Sky Suite 2121 also appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

On 5/30/2020 at 2:26 PM, Tudy said:

We stayed in a suite on the Edge in February.  We sailed with friends who did not stay in suites. They had lots of OBC so they were willing to pay to eat in Luminae. We found that we did not like Luminae any better than the MDR, and only ate in Luminae 1 night. The service was slow and not particularly attentive. The food was not especially hot when it arrived at the table. The courses were not served to all the people at the table at the same time. The flavor and variety of the food was no better than the MDR. We decided that we would never book a suite just to obtain access to Luminae.

I won´t address the service because it´s usually outstanding in Luminae, Blu etc.

However, on Edge I agree about Luminae (or Blu) not being much better than the 4 MDRs in general.
We usually cruise in Aqua and sometimes in suites. The dining options are the only thing enticing us to do so. We don´t really need or use the other amenities. On Edge, however, we would not pay extra for AQ or suites - because we also loved the 4 dining room concept so much.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2020 at 1:26 PM, Tudy said:

That's just our opinion. I know that others have better experiences.

I certainly can't relate to your experience at all. Food quality and service was excellent. If you'd have fed back your dissatisfaction to the maitre 'd I suspect your experience would have changed immediately. They work very hard to ensure their guests are satisfied. :)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cruisingaussies said:

Please can someone tell me if all the above applies to an S2 (Sky Suite) on Solstice?  I seem to be getting mixed messages and the Celebrity site isn't clear, especially as they sometimes refer to the Retreat.

Mainly I guess we'd like to know if there is a place we can go to for cocktails before dinner and are they included?  We will have the beverage package also. 

Any comments on Sky Suite 2121 also appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Yes, that applies to S2's also.  You can get pre dinner cocktails in Michael's Club and they are included, as are all other beverages there.  Since you have a beverage package you can get cocktails in any bar. The new name for Michael's Club is the Retreat Lounge on those ships that have been revolutionized. 

We've been in 2123 a few times and found it generally quiet because you are under the carpeted dining area of the buffet.  2121 should be the same.

Been in 2121 on sister ship Equinox. no noise problem. Solstice has not been "revolutionized" so what is called the Retreat lounge on ships that have been, is still called Michael's club.  And there is no "retreat" sun deck. Of the S class ships only Silhoutte has had the full "revolution". 

13 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Yes, that applies to S2's also.  You can get pre dinner cocktails in Michael's Club and they are included, as are all other beverages there.  Since you have a beverage package you can get cocktails in any bar. The new name for Michael's Club is the Retreat Lounge on those ships that have been revolutionized. 

We've been in 2123 a few times and found it generally quiet because you are under the carpeted dining area of the buffet.  2121 should be the same.

Chezmarylou, thanks so much for the information.  We used to love the 'old' Michael's Club when CC members had the happy hour there, until there were too many people to fit. 

12 hours ago, 39august said:

Been in 2121 on sister ship Equinox. no noise problem. Solstice has not been "revolutionized" so what is called the Retreat lounge on ships that have been, is still called Michael's club.  And there is no "retreat" sun deck. Of the S class ships only Silhoutte has had the full "revolution". 

Thanks for your reassurement, we now feel happy to go ahead with our booking - with fingers crossed the cruise will take place in December.

One other thing, what are the bathroom amenities in a Sky Suite like?  Are they Bulgari or some other brand?  I usually take my own but have found Bulgari products suit me.  It's good to know whether I need to take my own or not.  (DH thinks this is SO immaterial!)

3 hours ago, cruisingaussies said:

One other thing, what are the bathroom amenities in a Sky Suite like?  Are they Bulgari or some other brand?  I usually take my own but have found Bulgari products suit me.  It's good to know whether I need to take my own or not.  (DH thinks this is SO immaterial!)

And I think your DH is absolutely correct!!! 😂

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, capsplace said:

I didn't know ANYONE could eat in Luminae if they pay extra.  I assume you would need to be a guest of a suite passenger?

Yes, you need to be a guest of a suite passenger.  The suite passenger should seek permission from the Luminae manager ahead of time.

56 minutes ago, capsplace said:

I didn't know ANYONE could eat in Luminae if they pay extra.  I assume you would need to be a guest of a suite passenger?

Yes must be invited by a quest also I believe depending on space , although we never seen it that crowded , but only have done summit and infinity 

18 hours ago, cruisingaussies said:

Sadly, the Bulgari toiletries have vanished from suites.

• Like 1

Bulgari small bottles replaced by large Bigelow bottles of shampoo, conditioner, shower gel. We couldn’t tell the difference between the shower gel and shampoo neither lathered well. Conditioner was OK...

As the bottles are reusable I cleaned mine (along with the remote and door handles) before using. As they are also free standing you need hold the (quite large) bottles while you press them...not easy with slippery hands!

Next cruise I will use the shower gel and conditioner but take my own shampoo...

Edited by chemmo

Before Covid-19 our local grocery chain started to encourage the use of reusable bags by giving additional perks. With Covid-19 they banned reusable bags.  I wonder if this will cause Celebrity to rethink the large refillable bottles.

5 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Before Covid-19 our local grocery chain started to encourage the use of reusable bags by giving additional perks. With Covid-19 they banned reusable bags.  I wonder if this will cause Celebrity to rethink the large refillable bottles.

I doubt it since they are focused on eliminating excessive plastic.  What I do wish is that they would re-think the quality of the toiletries in suites.  Not liking the new stuff.

• Thanks 1