Classic Fleet Itinerary Release / Extension (2022)

Stumblefoot

1 hour ago, zqtchas said:

There's got to be a catch.  Every time I question a price reduction on something I've already booked they find a reason I don't qualify.

The price on existing voyages are unchanged.  It’s only the new Fall ‘21 / Winter ‘22 itineraries that are at a lower per diem price compared to similar and previously released 2020 and 2021 voyages.

8 hours ago, turtlemichael said:

I'm very attracted to the Dawn 75 day circumnavigation of South America which includes the Amazon with per diems from circa AUD1000 per suite.

I think that Grand Voyage is pretty spectacular.  We did a very long segment of it on the Muse in 2017 and the destinations were all very enjoyable.  When I return home, I’ll compare the 2017 price to 2022 to lend a little more perspective.  I realize the Australian dollar was much stronger in 2017 than it is now, but in U.S. dollar terms the comparison will be apples to apples.

The voyage from Buenos Aires that takes in several Brazilian ports, including the Amazon River, has certainly caught our eye.

We are currently booked on the Muse February 2021 Sydney-Hong Kong but seriously considering delaying until 2022. The 2022 itinerary is quite different though. 2021 goes up the Eastern side of Australia, stopping at Brisbane, Cairns and Darwin whereas 2022 goes west and makes stops in Melbourne, Adelaide and Fremantle/Perth. They appear to be completely different experiences!
The Asian segment now skips Bangkok, stopping in Ho Chi Minh City and Hong Kong before finishing in Yokohama. I have read that the port situation in Bangkok was not ideal but I will be disappointed to not see the city. Japan would be great though!

Anybody have any thoughts or experiences on comparing these two itineraries? We have never been to that part of the world.

ToSteve1....Done both ways preferred the 2022 route which is rarely available and very interesting places which make a change from the normal East coast route to or from Sydney which is always available. The delay may be a wise move in the current situation.Hope this helps.

On 6/3/2020 at 12:08 PM, Stumblefoot said:

The voyage from Buenos Aires that takes in several Brazilian ports, including the Amazon River, has certainly caught our eye.

The Amazon river into Manaus was really great on our first time there.  The second time there was not so. We docked overnight 

and when we woke up the next morning to the smell of smoke. We thought it was coming from somebody smoking or somewhere on the ship. Not so, it is from the massive burning of trees complicated by overcast clouds every nights.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, brimary said:

ToSteve1....Done both ways preferred the 2022 route which is rarely available and very interesting places which make a change from the normal East coast route to or from Sydney which is always available. The delay may be a wise move in the current situation.Hope this helps.

Thanks so much! I was initially disappointed at the change but now kind of excited to see Adelaide and Western Australia. We will probably make time to fly up to the Great Barrier Reef prior to departure from Sydney. Any particular highlights of the western route for you?

9 hours ago, brimary said:

13 hours ago, tosteve1 said:

Thanks so much! I was initially disappointed at the change but now kind of excited to see Adelaide and Western Australia. We will probably make time to fly up to the Great Barrier Reef prior to departure from Sydney. Any particular highlights of the western route for you?

Highlights were Melbourne and Perth on the mainland and Tasmania with lots of interesting excursions to choose from .I am sure the range of excursions will give you a wider choice nowadays as it was the early 2000’s when we did it..On the North coast Darwin was a different experience to the rest of Australia but equally of interest.Hope you enjoy the adventure.

I have a decision to make very soon regarding the Moon 30 Oct-23 Nov BtoB. I know that SS has the Moon starting cruising 2 Oct. However, has Fincantieri even given a firm delivery date to SS yet? Anyone know the answer to that? It seems to me that almost everything is sliding regarding the entire fleet. SS is being optimistic with their schedule for the fleet and I can understand that, but reality is another thing. I certainly don't intend to take a future cruise credit, given my age and the fact that nothing on the 2021 schedule interests me until the Dawn TA in Nov. I have not made any flight reservations or hotel reservations for the cruise yet, thank goodness. At least I don't have that complication to deal with.