5 minutes ago, daiB said:

It takes us 15 minutes as well but only if we go the long way. 🙂

Hope someone gets up to B&Q for some white paint. 🙂

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes.

Quite a lot of rust stains running down the side of the ship from many windows

Edited by grapau27

5 minutes ago, davemorton said:

Through the tunnel I believe for me, but may have to have a pop up. 

We go through the Tyne Tunnel too.

The terminal is only 5 minutes drive from the north bound exit of the Tyne Tunnel.

£1.80 each way through the tunnel.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, daiB said:

It takes us 15 minutes as well but only if we go the long way. 🙂

Hope someone gets up to B&Q for some white paint. 🙂

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They will have to allow plenty time to stand in the queue!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Francisdrake said:

Be nice to have a ship up north for a change.   Come on P&O do the right thing.

I agree. 

Fred Olsen,TUI,MSC and Cruise and Maritime have all home ported here in the past.

QE2 and a Disney ship have docked here before.

25 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I bet you wish it was 'under Lyme' and not 'on Tyne'.... 

Andy 

That would really lower the tone of such a great and beautiful town 😇😉

• Haha 2

We should have been on Azura right now. Instead, hubby is doing some much needed work at home while he has two weeks off work. He is a key worker so hasn't been off. That's also why we haven't been able to get up there. I'm still hoping to get there soon, but we will have to see how things go.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2020 at 9:15 PM, Adawn47 said:

No it isn't. When we've been in port and return to the ship it feels like coming home. 

Avril 

I always feel like it's coming home after being in a foreign port.

We made it up to see her today. I was surprised when we came around the bend how big she is. Bigger than I expected from what people keep saying.

I asked one of the workmen how long she is going to be there, he replied six months and his marra said at least until November.

I have finally managed to attach the photo, it was too big, so I had t reduce it. Hopefully you will still be able to see it.

IMG_3617 - Copy1.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, emam said:

I always feel like it's coming home after being in a foreign port.

We made it up to see her today. I was surprised when we came around the bend how big she is. Bigger than I expected from what people keep saying.

I asked one of the workmen how long she is going to be there, he replied six months and his marra said at least until November.

I have finally managed to attach the photo, it was too big, so I had t reduce it. Hopefully you will still be able to see it.

IMG_3617 - Copy1.jpg

That is just one lovely sight. We will miss her this year, but hope that P&O hold on to her long enough for us to be able to sail on her again before she 'moves on' ….. NOT to Heinz though Andy before you say it !!!!!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Presto2 said:

That is just one lovely sight. We will miss her this year, but hope that P&O hold on to her long enough for us to be able to sail on her again before she 'moves on' ….. NOT to Heinz though Andy before you say it !!!!!!!

She's a lovely elegant old lady even if a bit worn around the edges. We like her, tiny bathrooms and funny balconies included. They're more than made up for by her atrium, Cafe Jardin and lovely MDR.

Avril 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Heinz don't want her now.. They can't have rusty tins.. 😊

Joking aside, I would love to be looking forward to a cruise on her right now. 

I really love climbing over the bed to get in it and getting stuck in the bathroom mummified in a shower curtain. 😊

Andy 

• Haha 3

On 6/10/2020 at 4:25 PM, Dorset cruise fan said:

If the word on the ground is that she's there until November then I'm glad we cancelled our cruise end of October and moved it to mid November. We saw her in Weymouth bay before she moved up to you and she can still hold her own.

The newspapers are saying different to what the men told me. I looked her up and she is down for cruises from Dubai at the end of October.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/whats-on/travel-tourism/po-oceana-ship-north-shields-18400124

12 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Heinz don't want her now.. They can't have rusty tins.. 😊

Joking aside, I would love to be looking forward to a cruise on her right now. 

I really love climbing over the bed to get in it and getting stuck in the bathroom mummified in a shower curtain. 😊

Andy 

Adds an extra sparkle to your cruise experiences. You don't get that included with every ship you know.😜

Avril 

• Haha 1

I phoned P&O on Monday and they said our cruise was definitely cancelled despite it still showing on our account (and still showing) . We had it as a B2B so cancelled both and moved to November. I'll be keeping a close eye on the website though in case they offer a different repositioning option as would love to go through the Suez canal.