Is the Captains Club discount gone?

I have been tracking 2 different cruises and today the website is not giving a discount after entering the Captains Club number (and hitting ‘apply’).  I realize the Flash Sale is done but was hoping the CC discount would continue. Has anyone had different results?

12 minutes ago, VitaminSea53 said:

I have been tracking 2 different cruises and today the website is not giving a discount after entering the Captains Club number (and hitting ‘apply’).  I realize the Flash Sale is done but was hoping the CC discount would continue. Has anyone had different results?

I don't know of any Captain's Club discount -- only the one category upgrade.  Royal has discount for Diamonds and above.  🍷

Celebrity introduced a 10% discount 2-3 weeks ago. I had to educate our Big Box TA.  If you put in your Captains Club number and hit ‘apply’ on the website where it asks “see if you qualify for offers” on the page where it asks “how many guests in your room”.  I learned about it here on CruiseCritic. This site is a wealth of information. 

23 minutes ago, VitaminSea53 said:

Yes the promotion ended yesterday

Edited by gerelmx

To be honest with you I have no idea what kind of discount is it. I might be wrong but Captain's doscount should be like 50- to 70% and the deal should include a free dinner and a nice suite cabin. I always wondered where you guys are getting all these discounts.. I am like an outsider when it comes to discounts. Never really was lucky enough to catch one

It was a great discount too, especially on suites... from yesterday to today the full itinerary cost we've been watching has increased over 1k for the sky suite... Maybe it will come back, or prices will go down, or another great offer will be back around soon. It's really difficult to reserve anything right now with the current state of the world and not knowing if we will even get to do any cruising this year... and we are holding out hope for a December 2020 trip. 🤞

I caught a $680 Loyalty Discount when I booked Reflection for May 2021 on May 21, 2020.  Also got a $400 Sail Now Savings plus 2 perks.  A different promotion began May 22, 2020 if I recall and ended June 1.

YUP .... I knew that the Flash sale was set to expire but didn’t know when the Loyalty discount was going to go away.  As always “prices are subject to change”. It’s all good, I have a cruise booked for next Fall that I got the loyalty discount on. I was just watching a couple of others.  Cruise Critic boards do a GREAT service to spread the word. Thanks all!

51 minutes ago, VitaminSea53 said:

How did you guys know when the Loyalty Discount was going to expire?  Was there small print somewhere?

Yes, in the emails I received it showed the expiration date as June 1, 2020.

I booked 2 cruises yesterday as I saw that it expired June1.  I was upset that I missed the 30 tier points offered as their 30th birthday celebration, for only 4 days May 26 - 29.  Will have to keep my eyes open for these kind of things in the future.  I don't often look at the Captains Club section of My Celebrity.  That's going to change!

1 hour ago, VitaminSea53 said:

Well now..... I never saw those offers in writing........ glad you guys are paying attention. 

I didn’t get the email either. My TA told me about the discounts.

2 hours ago, VitaminSea53 said:

Well now..... I never saw those offers in writing........ glad you guys are paying attention. 

Don't you get the emails?  I get them multiple times per week.  Especially enjoy the ones with the with food and drink suggestions and directions and love, love the ones from the crew activities while they sit in the Atlantic off the Bahamas Banks.  Captain Kate and Bug Naked are great views and loved the wedding of the 2 crew members where Bug Naked was the ring bearer.

6 hours ago, Roger88 said:

To be honest with you I have no idea what kind of discount is it. I might be wrong but Captain's doscount should be like 50- to 70% and the deal should include a free dinner and a nice suite cabin. I always wondered where you guys are getting all these discounts.. I am like an outsider when it comes to discounts. Never really was lucky enough to catch one

That would be wonderful but a problem as on a TA cruise with Constellation there were over 1300 Elites or higher.

We repriced one cruise with the loyalty and military discounts. The price is up $1,000 today with the removal of the loyalty discount. We had a better resident discount for our transatlantic b2b cruises, but the resident rate also ended today. It is interesting that Celebrity decided to cancel all 2020 Canada/New England and Alaska cruises on the same day as the discounts disappeared and causing prices to  jump up for next year's replacement cruises. 

Edited by Glendakayself

Remember, with the new "cruise with confidence" promise, you can change your booking to take advantage of pricing and offer changes until 48 hours before sailing. If you see a price that you're happy to with, take it when you can. Keep checking to see if there are any offers that come up and if they do ring and change.

9 hours ago, Fouremco said:

All of the emails as well as the website specified a June 1 expiry date:

1414035890_ScreenShot2020-06-02at1_45_19PM.thumb.png.198d1e5fbbf90c7d39ff4b4229d23d7e.png

1003656242_ScreenShot2020-06-02at1_38_43PM.thumb.png.e25b74d2f8eb7a10746bf81f824928e1.png

I didn't receive any emails 😕 ..no idea why.

But was grateful to read about it here on CC.

I got the email and my TA got it added to both of our cruises already booked for next year, it saved us over $1400 and we got to keep all of the previous perks and OBC deals when we originally booked. I am a very happy camper!!