Jump to content

CHEERS REFUNDS


Recommended Posts

We have a cruise booked for OCT 2020.  IF we decide to cancel our Cheers package, will the refund take the 30, 60, or 90 days to refund back to us like it is taking people receiving cruise vacation refunds or are these happening in a more timely manner?  Thank you in advance! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, d-lite-n-cruisin said:

We have a cruise booked for OCT 2020.  IF we decide to cancel our Cheers package, will the refund take the 30, 60, or 90 days to refund back to us like it is taking people receiving cruise vacation refunds or are these happening in a more timely manner?  Thank you in advance! 

That would be my guess, I'm still waiting for my fttf refund from March. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I ordered Cheers for my September 2021 cruise on April 11 then decided to cancel the next day.  It took a little over a month for my credit card to be credited. Since the charge happened in one billing cycle, maybe that's why I didn't see the Cheers credit sooner.  On my credit card statement it says Carnival paid me back three days later.  Oh well, at least I'm even now with Carnival😜

Link to comment
Share on other sites

April 19, 2020, cruise on the Panorama canceled on March 30.  Cheers and internet refunded on May 20, FTTF refunded about May 18 and still waiting on refund of port charges, taxes and prepaid gratuities.  The cruise fare and OBC for rescheduling was practically instantly applied to my replacement booking in April 2021.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you ALL for your input and sharing your experiences with the refunds.  I know they are making their way thru a unique time, just as all of us are, so I am trying to be understanding.  I now have a better idea of what to expect should the situation arrive.  Thank you all again!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Made an error booking an excursion on line.  Immediately went and cancelled it.  That's been almost 30 days and no refund for that yet.  It wasn't a cheap excursion either.  Seems like the refund could have been more automatic?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, picomullet said:

Made an error booking an excursion on line.  Immediately went and cancelled it.  That's been almost 30 days and no refund for that yet.  It wasn't a cheap excursion either.  Seems like the refund could have been more automatic?

 

Do you see the excursion purchased in your Cruise Manager? I didn't see my Cheers that I canceled which then Carnival credited a little over thirty days later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My 19 April cruise cancelled 30 March and I got my Cheers refund middle of May. A few days later I got my excursions refunded. I still did not get port fees/taxes refunded the last time I checked. I haven't decided about FCC vs. refund for cruise yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, picomullet said:

I did receive notification that the excursion was cancelled and do not see that one on my cruise manager.  I can see where I rebooked under the correct name.

I thought that was a good indicator that the charge will "fall off" as the credit card companies say.  And it did for me so I bet it will for you too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/4/2020 at 9:27 AM, ninjacat123 said:

I thought that was a good indicator that the charge will "fall off" as the credit card companies say.  And it did for me so I bet it will for you too.

We got our refund.  Right at 30 days!!!  Yay

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...