Grandeur OTS at end of September

My September 17 NE/Canada cruise on Grandeur was cancelled by RCI.  Also had the 5 night to Bermuda booked to spend B2B.  That one was not cancelled, so I cancelled it myself.  

Not interested in flying up to Baltimore for just a one port 5 night cruise.  Cancelled flights as well.  

28 minutes ago, island lady said:

My September 17 NE/Canada cruise on Grandeur was cancelled by RCI.  Also had the 5 night to Bermuda booked to spend B2B.  That one was not cancelled, so I cancelled it myself.  

Not interested in flying up to Baltimore for just a one port 5 night cruise.  Cancelled flights as well.  

If that is the case wonder if they would bother to send Grandeur to Baltimore anyway when it would sit idle every other week if it was doing 9 nighters NE/Canada followed by 5 nighters Bermuda.............Questionable would it be worth it?

I'm scheduled to sail on the Grandeur in November but I wonder if the Grandeur will ever sail again out of Baltimore.  Since the last sailing is scheduled for the beginning of March, perhaps Royal will not spend any money to upgrade the Grandeur to meet the new Covid requirements.  It's conceivable that we've seen the last of the Grandeur.

Edited by ipeeinthepool
  • Like 3

+?%  (at least it is positive), 

We have a scheduled GotS cruise in early August.  Baltimore port will need to reopen, Royal will need to go ahead with the cruise, Bermuda and/or Bahamas would need to be open.  I don't really expect all of those ifs to be confirmed yes.  If the GotS does sail in August, the % for late September will be more predictable.  Good luck.

Edited by PigsCanFly
yet another typo

my Oct 15 Canada / NE cancelled.  So, crystal ball time;  the schedule shows Grandeur doing the 5-day Bermuda itinerary; and then just hanging out wherever for 9 days.  Chances on new itineraries for the 9-day slots?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

A 5 nighter on Grandeur would be Bermuda.

Yes, I am aware. I've sailed her 15 times.

My thought is  if they will prepare the ship for the five-day without having a destination when it returns.

36 minutes ago, John Prine Fan said:

Im on the 8/6 cruise too. 10 days ago I would have said 0% chance this goes. Today, I'm at 25%. Fingers and toes crossed.

It just might be a "Spanish Pipedream."

Sorry, but I couldn't resist.

So, plant a little garden; eat a lot of peaches.

2 hours ago, atb said:

my Oct 15 Canada / NE cancelled.  So, crystal ball time;  the schedule shows Grandeur doing the 5-day Bermuda itinerary; and then just hanging out wherever for 9 days.  Chances on new itineraries for the 9-day slots?

RCI didn't even try to reroute my 9 night  NE/Canada September cruise...they cancelled it totally.  In June they gave us the option of the alternate itinerary, which I did not accept.  Then that was one was cancelled as well.  

2 hours ago, twins_to_alaska said:

I had Sep 26 on Grandeur to Bermuda and lift and shifted it to 18 Sep 2021 on 6 May. I'm bummed now Enchantment instead of Grandeur.

I think 0%.

Don't be bummed.  Enchantment is a great little ship!  We really miss her here in PC.  Not that I am a pool person, but the stretching really gave it a huge pool deck area.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

RCI didn't even try to reroute my 9 night  NE/Canada September cruise...they cancelled it totally.  In June they gave us the option of the alternate itinerary, which I did not accept.  Then that was one was cancelled as well.  

Which was the worst possible alt itinerary IMHO 😞  Wasn’t it basically 3 days in the Bahamas and one at a FL port? Uuuggghhh

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

Which was the worst possible alt 😞  Wasn’t it basically 3 days in the Bahamas and one at a FL port? Uuuggghhh

Yes, it was indeed horrible!   Like I would want to fly up to Baltimore when I can (and have done way too many times) just take an inexpensive 3 or 4 night cruise out of our local port to the Bahamas.  😮 

If they had rerouted to the same NE ports and Bermuda stop as the PVSA requirement...I would have kept the cruise.  But alas...since it was June...it ended up being cancelled anyway.

Just a couple of days ago I got my FCC "125%" refund.  Which in RCI's fuzzy math ended up being actually 113%, and still have not been refunded the port fees and taxes.  OR the prepaid grats!  😒  All cancellations since then have been cash refunds...and will be going forward.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1