All Concierge Lounges now closed to Diamond Plus?

6 hours ago, attitudeda said:

Royal should do what Celebrity did for Elite members and above. They let you have have unlimitted drinks are you sea pass card from 5-7pm. 

So it’s about the drinks. Isn’t Celebrity more expensive over Royal for the most part?  We get the Drink Package so we always have unlimited drinks when we want them and the brands we prefer. 

My first cruise as a D+ was on Explorer this year, Super Bowl Cruise. I was able to use both the CL and DL. CL was right around the corner from my cabin. CL was an interior space, not the nicest, but convenient.

11 hours ago, ZiggaZagga17 said:

I'm of a similar belief! .. slightly different in the fact that the D lounges as such won't exist, any lounges will be for Suite guests and Pinnacles and us mere D & D+ will just have a different number of free drinks on our cards daily (maybe all day, maybe usual hours?)

That could be phase 2.

Might help with social distancing.

After all, it's sometimes like a zoo in the DL

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We like the benefits of both lines, and even like that the benefits are slightly different for each line. Would be great of they each  matched the loyalty program,  level for level.

M

I doubt that will ever happen. Especially Zenith-Pinnacle. I think Celebrity has seen what has happened to the Suite program on RCI and doesn't want something similar to happen with their program. 

We don't really enjoy the Celebrity social hour from 5-7.  We have late dinner so it finishes an hour before dinner.  We use the CL or DL during the day.  Stop by for coffee or tear. Pu water and various snacks that appear.  Will see what happens. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SummerBeeSweet said:

My first cruise as a D+ was on Explorer this year, Super Bowl Cruise. I was able to use both the CL and DL. CL was right around the corner from my cabin. CL was an interior space, not the nicest, but convenient.

That's where it's always been.  Explorer, when we first started cruising on her had no DL, but they used the card room up off the VCL for drinks only, no snacks as it was the "diamond event" they used to do.  The CL was nicer because it had apps and a concierge as well as comfy furniture.  In the D event, we sat on straight back chairs at tables.  In fact, all 4  of our cruises on EX before they moved her from Cape Liberty, had no DL.  Our favorite CL's are the ones with windows, like on GR up in the VCL.  It was never so packed you couldn't find a seat up there and we were last on her April 2019.  GR just doesn't have that many suites so there was room for D+ and Pinns although a lot prefer the DL on GR since they do overflow into the South Pacific Lounge.  

Edited by BND
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, mek said:

Yes - it is very nice on X and they also pass appetizers around - far better than the crowded D Lounge on Royal + there is an Elite Lounge but it's generally not as crowded.

Celebrity does not have a dedicated lounge for elite and elite plus. The lounge is Michael's Club (pre revolution) and The Retreat (old Michales Club, post revolution) for those is suites and zenith members only. The Sky lounge is open for elite, elite plus and zenith from 5:PM to 7:PM. 

Edited by davekathy
10 hours ago, attitudeda said:

Royal should do what Celebrity did for Elite members and above. They let you have have unlimitted drinks are you sea pass card from 5-7pm. 

Celebrity should do what RC does for diamond and above and allow us to order the CC HH drinks in the dining venues during the the CC HH and not limit it to most bars. But with Celebrity we always get the CBP as a booking perk, so unlimited drinks anywhere and anytime. 

18 hours ago, bigeck said:

Next step will be to kick D's out DL and make them use the drinks on the card only. DL will become CL and will be for D+ & P

CL will become a SL for suite's only.

Just my opinion though

I think when they start cruising they are going to be back in super super nice mode, because I don’t think crowding is going to be an issue.

JMHO and YMMV

There is no way we are on the Anthem 11/1/2020 or as you in the UK would say 01/11/2020

jc

1 minute ago, xpcdoojk said:

I think when they start cruising they are going to be back in super super nice mode, because I don’t think crowding is going to be an issue.

JMHO and YMMV

There is no way we are on the Anthem 11/1/2020 or as you in the UK would say 01/11/2020

jc

Can't I keep hoping that we sail?  

Yes, you can.  I could be completely wrong.  Has never happened before, but there is always a first time!🤣

If we do, the first drink in the CL is on me.... assuming they let me in as I am only in a Junior Suite and only a diamond plus.... both of those categories have recently been kicked to the curb in the CL on Quantum class ships.  I booked my cabin on the Ovation to be close to the CL on my sailing from Australia a year ago....  it was not open for lowly diamond pluses on that sailing.    So, instead of walking down about 8 doors to the CL I had to walk to the far forward part of the ship, take the elevator or stairs down 8 decks to the DL, where I made my coffee and did some work before gathering another coffee for the DW, and some assorted yummies and then trek up the elevator and down the entire starboard side of the ship to our cabin to deliver to her ladyship her morning coffee.  

On the plus side at 61 I can always use the exercise on the downside, I don’t think there was anything close to any over-crowding issue in the CL....  

jc

19 hours ago, bigeck said:

Next step will be to kick D's out DL and make them use the drinks on the card only. DL will become CL and will be for D+ & P

CL will become a SL for suite's only.

Just my opinion though

I wonder if because of social distancing, the DL will be for D+ and P.  I don't know how crowded SLs get so I have no guess about whether Ps will continue to be allowed.  

11 hours ago, BND said:

Yes, we enjoyed the elite event on Summit a couple of years ago.  We're going back on her in July 2021 and have classic drink package, $300 obc and something else (can't remember if it's free wifi or included tips).  Of course, they're not really free, but the price isn't bad.  We booked an aqua class cabin so we also get blu dining room.  But the atmosphere in the elite event is very different than the CL and DL.  It was also in a large lounge with plenty of seating and a great view.  We made D after they had kicked D out of the CL.  We used CL a few times before we made D+ because we were staying in GS.  I will say, the CL has changed drastically over the last few years and isn't what it used to be at all.

I was really interested in blue dining except if you sign up they said you cant sometimes eat regular. Blue sounded very    ... healthy. Idk if if is still that way that if have blue dining cant do regular. 

I'll be back to x sometime I'm sure. 

On the Anthem this past October we were in 12318, right next door.  We are D+.  Dh used the CL as his living room.  He'd head in there early in the morning to get coffee while I was getting dressed. I head in there for tea or hot chocolate in the mid afternoon and get comfortable on a sofa with my book and read.  Couldn't get that cabin again but still on deck 12 and hope we can use it.

On the Radiance in February and early March D+ were relegated to D lounge, or Colony Club, because there were so many of us. Had planned on the March 14th cruise to New Zealand when we got tossed off.  Actually used CL before we had to leave.  So who knows.

26 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

I don't know how crowded SLs get so I have no guess about whether Ps will continue to be allowed.  

Depends on cruise. On many cruises, the SL/CK is underutilized. However, on some cruises it can be quite different. 

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Yes, you can.  I could be completely wrong.  Has never happened before, but there is always a first time!🤣

If we do, the first drink in the CL is on me.... assuming they let me in as I am only in a Junior Suite and only a diamond plus.... both of those categories have recently been kicked to the curb in the CL on Quantum class ships.  I booked my cabin on the Ovation to be close to the CL on my sailing from Australia a year ago....  it was not open for lowly diamond pluses on that sailing.    So, instead of walking down about 8 doors to the CL I had to walk to the far forward part of the ship, take the elevator or stairs down 8 decks to the DL, where I made my coffee and did some work before gathering another coffee for the DW, and some assorted yummies and then trek up the elevator and down the entire starboard side of the ship to our cabin to deliver to her ladyship her morning coffee.  

On the plus side at 61 I can always use the exercise on the downside, I don’t think there was anything close to any over-crowding issue in the CL....  

jc

Same happened to us on the Anthem in January. Booked deck 12 aft for our B2B to be close to CL only to find out through CC that D+ have been kicked out. By then it was too late to switch to a decent forward cabin on a lower deck. The DL was extremely over crowded even with the overflow into the Music Hall. We had D’s, D+ & Pinnacles who didn’t want to be in the almost empty SL with the Suites. 

28 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Unless in a Suite, I didn’t think D/D+ permitted in SL?

Probably referring to the Pins slumming it with their D+ friends

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I was really interested in blue dining except if you sign up they said you cant sometimes eat regular. Blue sounded very    ... healthy. Idk if if is still that way that if have blue dining cant do regular. 

I'll be back to x sometime I'm sure. 

You can't just sign up for Blu. It's included with staying in aqua class and other suites.  Although full suites have their own restaurant too.  From what I've read, you can order off the regular dining room menu in Blu also.   I like the fact it's a smaller venue with more personalized attention.  Blu has an assortment of items, including some basic everyday things.  We just thought we'd try it. It's open for breakfast and dinner, but not lunch. Last time we were on Summit, we had a concierge class cabin.

16 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So it’s about the drinks. Isn’t Celebrity more expensive over Royal for the most part?  We get the Drink Package so we always have unlimited drinks when we want them and the brands we prefer. 

We sail in suites on both Royal and Celebrity and have found the suite experience on Celebrity a better value with drinks, tips, OBC, and internet included. We enjoy the Retreat Lounge and Retreat Sun Deck. We probably don't utilize the butler to his full capacity. The poolside grills, outdoor buffet seating, and outdoor Sunset Bar are a plus. Luminae blows away Coastal Kitchen in my mind. Of course there are some sacrifices. Even though there are plenty of bars, I do miss the pub and the shows aren't as spectacular. No rock climbing, flow riding, zip lining, or slides. It's more of a relaxing cruise. When we take the grandkids it will be on Royal.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, BND said:

That's where it's always been.  Explorer, when we first started cruising on her had no DL, but they used the card room up off the VCL for drinks only, no snacks as it was the "diamond event" they used to do.  The CL was nicer because it had apps and a concierge as well as comfy furniture.  In the D event, we sat on straight back chairs at tables.  In fact, all 4  of our cruises on EX before they moved her from Cape Liberty, had no DL.  Our favorite CL's are the ones with windows, like on GR up in the VCL.  It was never so packed you couldn't find a seat up there and we were last on her April 2019.  GR just doesn't have that many suites so there was room for D+ and Pinns although a lot prefer the DL on GR since they do overflow into the South Pacific Lounge.  

I remember also, no DL on EX years ago.  The tiny windowless closet of a CL was so horribly over crowded, we simply sat at that great circle bar in the VCL for happy hour.  Great view!  The bartender gave up on the new system of the drink vouchers loaded onto our cards for us, it was new to them at that time and full of glitches.  He remembered our type of drink and was making them as we walked up, complimentary.  We still remember his name...Noel!  🙂 He was tipped well.  😉 

Edited by island lady
11 minutes ago, island lady said:

I remember also, no DL on EX years ago.  The tiny windowless closet of a CL was so horribly over crowded, we simply sat at that great circle bar in the VCL for happy hour.  Great view!  The bartender gave up on the new system of the drink vouchers loaded onto our cards for us, it was new to them at that time and full of glitches.  He remembered our type of drink and was making them as we walked up, complimentary.  We still remember his name...Noel!  🙂 He was tipped well.  😉 

We also found a lot of bartenders a few years ago that never counted the vouchers in various bars on various ships.  At one point we even wondered if there really were 3 loaded on your card or if that was a myth to make you think that is all you got😇

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, island lady said:

I was even talking about before vouchers existed and they literally poured wine out of bottles kept on ice in the card room.  This was like 2010-2013 timeframe.  Our first trip on Anthem, we had friends with us (not D) and so we would spend an hour in the DL and then move to the Schooner bar to meet them.  We had the same waiter every night who also didn't keep track of vouchers and would get me the drink I really wanted which was a malibu and pineapple even though flavored rums aren't on the D list.  He was also tipped well and looked for us every night we came in before dinner.

Edited by BND
59 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Could be but they specifically mentioned D/D+ and SL. 

No, I think what John and the poster meant is they were saying they had D's+D+'s and they also had Pinns who didn't want to be in the SL.  Just written in a way it doesn't read correctly.