All Concierge Lounges now closed to Diamond Plus?

23 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

I recently turned Diamond, so Yes, this would make perfect sense.

I can't miss access to a lounge I've never had access to in the past.

But wait! There's more,,, you mean since I've turned Diamond I now have free drinks added to my card? How wonderful. Thanks Royal. Now, to get those extra cruises so I can earn access to the D+ Lounge.

Besides, I'm usually in a Suite anyway and the overcrowding in the CL and/or SL by those pompous D+'s are irritating.  🤣

I think you missed the jest of my question. The suggester is D+. Suggesting that DL for D+ and above.  

5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I think you missed the jest of my question. The suggester is D+. Suggesting that DL for D+ and above.  

And I think that is the answer to to problem.

D's no longer need to get access to the lounge. They get free drinks added to the card

The D Lounge becomes the D+ Lounge with access for P's also.

The CL or SL are for Suite guests and P's

P's have their choice anytime, anywhere

As a new D, I would have no problem with this.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

And I think that is the answer to to problem.

D's no longer need to get access to the lounge. They get free drinks added to the card

The D Lounge becomes the D+ Lounge with access for P's also.

The CL or SL are for Suite guests and P's

P's have their choice anytime, anywhere

As a new D, I would have no problem with this.

Based on your theory, why should Pinnacle’s be allowed in the SL is not staying in a Suite?  Especially after you give them the run of DL and CL?

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Based on your theory, why should Pinnacle’s be allowed in the SL is not staying in a Suite?

because P's have always ruled Royal's world and they deserve it. They have become members of the Royal family and have reached the peak of the mountain.

Of course 10 years from now, everything will have to be re-evaluated. There will have to be a higher level than Pinnacle. 

Edited by klfrodo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

P's rule the ship. They can go and do whatever they want.  That many points,,,, go for it.

Never upset a P. Thats like upsetting the cook before they deliver your meal. They make make your day or break your day.

A Doctor, Surgeon,airline pilot,ships captain,fireman I respect for their work they do.

A Pinnacle is someone who has cruised on RCL a lot and most are probably nice people but no better or worse than me or anyone else.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Yes I'm D+ but rarely use the DL during Cocktail hour.

We rarely drink alcohol and i have had 18 units of alcohol in total in 22 weeks since my Heart Attack so alcohol is low priority for us.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Are you sure that was for all sailings and not just the heavy C&A top level cruises?

Just what I read reliable members posting.

We were in the CL on Explorer last year.

IMG_20191005_143345.jpg

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

A Doctor, Surgeon,airline pilot,ships captain,fireman I respect for their work they do.

A Pinnacle is someone who has cruised on RCL a lot and most are probably nice people but no better or worse than me or anyone else.

You're not wrong.

Then again, you're not on the Board of Directors making the decision on what's best for Royal Caribbean and what benefits they decide to hand out to the elite of the elite of their customers.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

You're not wrong.

Then again, you're not on the Board of Directors making the decision on what's best for Royal Caribbean and what benefits they decide to hand out to the elite of the elite of their customers.

We are D+ on RC.

We are Elite (top level)on Princess.

Mediterranean high level on P&O so would have been or close to be Pinnacle if we had only cruised RC.

I think RC money men would prefer Star and Sky Suite guests because of the price they pay for their Suites.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, klfrodo said:

because P's have always ruled Royal's world and they deserve it. They have become members of the Royal family and have reached the peak of the mountain.

Of course 10 years from now, everything will have to be re-evaluated. There will have to be a higher level than Pinnacle. 

Why do you say there has to be a higher level than Pinnacle? The current problem is the high number of Loyalty guests at every level. RCI created monster with their popular loyalty program and is trying to figure out a way to reign it in. IMHO the reason that CL access has, on some ships, been denied to D+ is due to the high #s. Most CL aren't that big and when you have large #s of D+ it makes it too crowded for the Suite guests so D+ lose access. I've been saying this long before Pinnacle level was created. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Why do you say there has to be a higher level than Pinnacle? The current problem is the high number of Loyalty guests at every level. RCI created monster with their popular loyalty program and is trying to figure out a way to reign it in. IMHO the reason that CL access has, on some ships, been denied to D+ is due to the high #s. Most CL aren't that big and when you have large #s of D+ it makes it too crowded for the Suite guests so D+ lose access. I've been saying this long before Pinnacle level was created. 

RCL created a bigger problem by letting grown children keep their parents C&A status. So there are D & D+ that maybe went on 1 or 2 cruises but because of their parents status they start off as D’s or D+ instead of zero. 

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

RCL created a bigger problem by letting grown children keep their parents C&A status. So there are D & D+ that maybe went on 1 or 2 cruises but because of their parents status they start off as D’s or D+ instead of zero. 

What percent of all D/D+ this group makes up?

21 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

What percent of all D/D+ this group makes up?

Would be interesting to find out. RCL should after all these cancellations are done & things get back to a new normal do a check as to who actually took cruises & check their points. I remember years ago when they did a conversion of points because 3 night cruises were getting same points as 10, 11 & 14 night cruises which wasn’t fair. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I think if you check the Oasis, there isn't a CL.  There is now a suite lounge and D+ do not have access.  The last time we sailed on the Oasis, the old CL is now the DL but the services have been reduced to DL service.  No breakfast or lunch service and no drinks at lunch.  This was also an enhancement to your benefits.

Some folks benefits were enhanced.😉🤣

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Based on your theory, why should Pinnacle’s be allowed in the SL is not staying in a Suite?  Especially after you give them the run of DL and CL?

I dont think any ship has a DL, CL, and SL.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LorraineP said:

In my opinion a bigger problem was created by giving solos an extra point😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LorraineP said:

Would be interesting to find out. RCL should after all these cancellations are done & things get back to a new normal do a check as to who actually took cruises & check their points. I remember years ago when they did a conversion of points because 3 night cruises were getting same points as 10, 11 & 14 night cruises which wasn’t fair. 

10 & 11 yes, but 12 and up got an extra point long before the conversion