Jump to content

Recommended Posts

When I read topics of what people like to do a lot say they like to people watch.  What is it that they want to watch LOL?  I don’t want to be one of those people being watched 👀😬

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, James4me said:

When I read topics of what people like to do a lot say they like to people watch.  What is it that they want to watch LOL?  I don’t want to be one of those people being watched 👀😬

The possibilites are endless.  Someone spewing wrong information loudly.  Petty arguments ...one cruise we were actually doing a big circle floating back from Nassau.  The wife mentioned we were circling, the husband said no way.  They argued forever, ordering drink after drink before asking a drink waiter.  The drink waiter pointed out the sun had "moved"  

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, James4me said:

When I read topics of what people like to do a lot say they like to people watch.  What is it that they want to watch LOL?  I don’t want to be one of those people being watched 👀😬

 

oh yes!!  People watching is one of my favorites! 

 

Checking out the different outfits on people,  (some wear things well, while others not so much...  I'm always in the "doesn't wear things well" category, so I am comforted by others in the same boat!) 

 

looking at the good looking and the not so good looking peeps... 

 

hearing snippits of conversations as folks walk past us and  then trying to piece together how we think the "rest of the story" went... 

 

watching the husbands who are obviously brow-beaten by their wives... 

 

trying to figure out who "wears the pants" in the relationships...

 

sympathizing with the parent that is absolutely exhausted because the other parent would rather hang out at the bar and they've been left in charge of all the kids...

 

watching the folks in the hot tubs getting frustrated with the kids that have also joined them in the hot tubs uninvited...

 

and so much more...  LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont think I've ever wondered who wears the pants in the family. I like kids and they catch my attention ton, often thinking boy my parents would never put up with that. Sitting in the buffet on a carnival ship watching a kid teat apart the little decorative flower centerpiece. Tore it up piece by piece, and not once did the mom ever say stop that. 

 

Seems like you sit waiting to board and wait and talk to people and inevitably there is a couple you repeatedly run into until they almost feel like friends by the end of the cruise.

 

Or I'm up early and get coffee at 5 am and seems like the same people hanging out every morning.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes I just people watch without even looking for or thinking about anything. Just looking around at all the different people.

 

I don't participate in the deck parties, but I do like to watch them. They always do those choreographed dances, whatever's popular, and I can't do those, so I just watch and enjoy the music. Usually, before the party gets in full swing, the DJ will come out early and play music. The deck is still fairly empty, but there's always a handful of people who go out there to dance before the crowd builds. Those are some of the most fun people to watch. I like seeing the little kids get out there and dance. I'm talking around 5 yrs. old, give or take. It's fun to watch them because they don't have a care in the world and are having the time of their lives dancing around on a ship. Not to mention I'm jealous because they're so much better dancers than I am. 😊 I also enjoy watching the older folks dance. No disrespect, I'm always impressed by older folks who can really cut a rug and enjoy life like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I recommend sitting in the buffet when the continental breakfast is open but the main buffet isn’t. But they have the main buffet food out. Watch the reactions of people being told not to touch the food then they see other people walking around with full plates.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Sometimes I just people watch without even looking for or thinking about anything. Just looking around at all the different people.

 

I don't participate in the deck parties, but I do like to watch them. They always do those choreographed dances, whatever's popular, and I can't do those, so I just watch and enjoy the music. Usually, before the party gets in full swing, the DJ will come out early and play music. The deck is still fairly empty, but there's always a handful of people who go out there to dance before the crowd builds. Those are some of the most fun people to watch. I like seeing the little kids get out there and dance. I'm talking around 5 yrs. old, give or take. It's fun to watch them because they don't have a care in the world and are having the time of their lives dancing around on a ship. Not to mention I'm jealous because they're so much better dancers than I am. 😊 I also enjoy watching the older folks dance. No disrespect, I'm always impressed by older folks who can really cut a rug and enjoy life like that.

I love the "dance like no one is watching" folks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just like watching people, not looking for anything in particular although I do like to focus on people doing nice things for other people (which unfortunately doesn't happen too often). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, James4me said:

When I read topics of what people like to do a lot say they like to people watch.  What is it that they want to watch LOL?  I don’t want to be one of those people being watched 👀😬

I love people watching.  That is why I like to go to the fair.  People watching on a cruise is great because of the copious amounts of alcohol people consume.  Don't get to drunk and you will not have to worry about me watching.  I am pretty sure I have been one of the ones being watched when I was cruising in my twenties.  Not so much any more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I dont think I've ever wondered who wears the pants in the family. I like kids and they catch my attention ton, often thinking boy my parents would never put up with that. Sitting in the buffet on a carnival ship watching a kid teat apart the little decorative flower centerpiece. Tore it up piece by piece, and not once did the mom ever say stop that. 

 

Seems like you sit waiting to board and wait and talk to people and inevitably there is a couple you repeatedly run into until they almost feel like friends by the end of the cruise.

 

Or I'm up early and get coffee at 5 am and seems like the same people hanging out every morning.

I am part of the 5am crowd.  It is one of my favorite times on board.  See the same folks every day.  It's fun.  Nothing like a good sunrise on approach to a port.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The first thing we do on a Carnival cruise is go to the lobby bar for a few drinks. It is a great location to watch people board the ship and to watch the various reactions of people when they first get on the ship. Unfortunately you don’t get to watch people board the ship on Spirit class ships due to the location of the lobby bar. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

The first thing we do on a Carnival cruise is go to the lobby bar for a few drinks. It is a great location to watch people board the ship and to watch the various reactions of people when they first get on the ship. Unfortunately you don’t get to watch people board the ship on Spirit class ships due to the location of the lobby bar. 

I have been on double digit cruises and I still feel like a kid at Christmas when I take my first step into the ship.  I love it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

On a conquest class ship, with the raked seating around the pool, I can sit the whole sea day just watching the activities, dancing, interactions, the line at Guy's, the bar flies, posers, in-love seniors, fighting couples, the waiters, people carrying food, people trying to get drinks, chair hogs, swimmers, the good looking fun squad, all a little buzzed from the steady flow of margaritas.  So...I guess...maybe you?

Edited by naxer
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like to watch people on the Lido deck creating traffic jams. Like a family of 4 or more, standing side by side, closing off the hallway so nobody can pass, either coming or going. Wellll, I can't say I like watching them, but it amazes me that people are so inconsiderate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The most heart warming ones are the older couples who have set dining pattern.  Even with the all you can eat ability...they will take food items, divide them neatly betweenv their plates without conversation.  They know exactly what the other likes.  It is very sweet.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

I'm just the opposite. I rather tune most people out and place my focus on my spouse & vacation...

 

 

 

✌️

That's okay.  We are watching you.  😆

Link to post
Share on other sites

I love people watching. I usually get up and have breakfast on the Lido deck or the next deck up overlooking the pool, so I get a good view of the chair hogs emerging to stake out their claims. That in itself is entertaining. 

 

On our last cruise a guy showed up to the pool about 8am wearing a speedo (fairly fit, athletic guy, so it wasn't grotesque), a swimming cap (I kid you not) and goggles raised onto his forehead. He walked around to the end of the pool nearest the Blue Iguana Cantina and Guy's and then stepped up on the raised edge around the pool. For the next few minutes, he performed elaborate stretching exercises - flailing his arms around, stretching his back and legs - as though he were about to swim the English Channel. When he was done, he pulled his goggles into place, jumped feet first into the pool, and then hugged the side of the pool for the next 20 minutes before getting out and drying off. It was hilarious and I don't think I was the only observer having a hard time not spitting their coffee out.

 

And that is why I people watch. 🤣

Edited by SRQbeachgirl
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Crystal Cruises - New! Luxury Bahamas Escapes
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...