Cruising songs and memories

AndyMichelle

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Leaving Southampton on Britannia after a stressful couple of weeks  when my Mum had been ill and I was seriously wondering If we’d be able to make the cruise. As we pulled away I couldn’t believe we’d made it and they played “Rather be” by Jess Glynn - the words being “there’s nowhere I’d rather be” Don’t mind telling you I was quite choked! I always think of cruising when I hear that now. That was 2017 and my mum is still with us and will be 81 this coming Monday.

Wishing your mam a wonderful birthday on Monday.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ann141 said:

Earlier this year I too was wondering if we would have to cancel our cruise as my Mum was really ill but we went.She has now almost completely recovered and will be 90 a week tomorrow!

Sending best wishes to your mam for her 90th birthday next Sunday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

I wasn't sure if this thread would create any interest so I am so pleased to have stirred some beautiful memories... 

Thank you for sharing your stories. 

Andy 

Great idea for a thread Andy which is bringing back memories for all of us.

Graham

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ann141 said:

Earlier this year I too was wondering if we would have to cancel our cruise as my Mum was really ill but we went.She has now almost completely recovered and will be 90 a week tomorrow!

They made that generation tough didn’t they?! 😁

Hope she has a lovely day.

• Like 2

Another memory that made us smile.. 

Sailing out of Olden with lots of locals waving us off, the local bar was playing a song with the lyrics 'F*** Off' quite loudly... 😂😂

I don't think we had spent enough... 

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I can imagine those few locals who don’t profit from the cruise ships often feel like that!

We once stayed in a small Greek resort where a boat full of ‘day trippers’ came every day  from a much bigger resort round the coast.  Oh the relief @ 3.30 when they piled back on and went away!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

I can imagine those few locals who don’t profit from the cruise ships often feel like that!

We once stayed in a small Greek resort where a boat full of ‘day trippers’ came every day  from a much bigger resort round the coast.  Oh the relief @ 3.30 when they piled back on and went away!

It was a bar/restaurant right on the dock, if you are that close to the ship, I suppose you would get back on for food and drink rather than pay Norwegian prices.

I understand their frustration though. 

3,000 potential customers walking past, straight to the buffet... 😊

Andy 

• Like 4

In October 2010 - spent my 50th birthday on our first cruise ever, onboard Ventura - daytime in Rome, fabulous early evening meal in Epicurean then across to Metropolis where the duo "Sophistication" were performing - at that time Laura and Jesus.  They sang "Pretty Woman" just for me, and everyone wished me a happy birthday - wonderful memories.

Fast forward six months and we flew out to Barbados for the transatlantic cruise on Ventura and they both remembered us!  This time it was our wedding anniversary onboard, so they sang for us - "Think Twice"  (Celine Dion), not the most suitable anniversary song ever ......still makes me chuckle whenever I think of it.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Cruiserjules said:

In October 2010 - spent my 50th birthday on our first cruise ever, onboard Ventura - daytime in Rome, fabulous early evening meal in Epicurean then across to Metropolis where the duo "Sophistication" were performing - at that time Laura and Jesus.  They sang "Pretty Woman" just for me, and everyone wished me a happy birthday - wonderful memories.

Fast forward six months and we flew out to Barbados for the transatlantic cruise on Ventura and they both remembered us!  This time it was our wedding anniversary onboard, so they sang for us - "Think Twice"  (Celine Dion), not the most suitable anniversary song ever ......still makes me chuckle whenever I think of it.

Ha ha, made me smile. 

Andy 

Can't stop the feeling by Justin Timberlake. They played it on a sail away on Britannia and it is always our song when it comes on. It reminds us of the great cruises we have had and the great cruises we will have, sitting on a balcony in the Med, long cold drink in hand and sitting next to the love of my life

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, moonstone01 said:

Can't stop the feeling by Justin Timberlake. They played it on a sail away on Britannia and it is always our song when it comes on. It reminds us of the great cruises we have had and the great cruises we will have, sitting on a balcony in the Med, long cold drink in hand and sitting next to the love of my life

Singing it in my head now, thanks!! 😊

Good tune. 

Andy 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kalos said:

I thought you said that was our little secret ? 

Ps  Same time tonight under Cleethorpes pier :classic_ohmy::classic_wink: 

Still waiting. My chips have gone all cold and soggy.

You never ring, you never call! 

• Haha 6

Andy, Thanks for Build Me Up Buttercup, I had no problem yesterday but woke up this morning with it in my head.  I must be suffering from delayed memory, is this a covid problem ? 😂😂

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

? 😂😂

3 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Andy, Thanks for Build Me Up Buttercup, I had no problem yesterday but woke up this morning with it in my head.  I must be suffering from delayed memory, is this a covid problem ? 😂😂

I have the same problem, thanks to Jules I woke up singing Pretty Woman... 

Probably an age thing for me.. 😊

Andy 

Edited by AndyMichelle
  • Like 1

Last November we sailed out of San Francisco on Grand Princess to Hawaii.

For weeks before and even now we are regularly singing Scott McKenzie's song,

If Your Going To San Francisco.

It is such a catchy tune and we have lovely memories of the cruise.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I woke up singing Pretty Woman... 

Andy 

Good morning Andy ,providing you were not wearing your Michelle's clothes and lipstick

whilst singing into the bathroom mirror ,then I think you have nothing to worry about .:classic_wink:

Reading through this thread opens up a lot of memories of when we all used to go cruising .

Do you all remember when you would raise a glass or two ,even sing and dance.... ?

Keep your memories close and remember ... Those were the days   :classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Click on the blue above and sing along .. you know you want to :classic_biggrin:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good morning Andy ,providing you were not wearing your Michelle's clothes and lipstick

whilst singing into the bathroom mirror ,then I think you have nothing to worry about .:classic_wink:

Reading through this thread opens up a lot of memories of when we all used to go cruising .

Do you all remember when you would raise a glass or two ,even sing and dance.... ?

Keep your memories close and remember ... Those were the days   :classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Click on the blue above and sing along .. you know you want to :classic_biggrin:

I'm not falling for that one Kalos, 😂😂

Andy 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

No Josy, it's a lockdown problem. I'm experiencing the same symptoms. 😊

Avril 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

I have the same problem, thanks to Jules I woke up singing Pretty Woman... 

Andy 

Youll get no argument from me on that one.😉 

Avril 

• Like 2