Just wondering, does anyone have any info about what is offered at the spa -and how much it costs ? It's not really my 'thing' but, well...you never know.I do know that if this cruise goes ahead ( got everything crossed ) I will be in need of a haircut, otherwise my fringe will give me the look of a Shetland pony !

I've read the cmv information but there is precious little information. 

Thanks for reading .Think I'll invest in a hairdresser scissors to sort out my Lockdown fringe and bring it with me.

I was stopped ar security embarking Magellen , but when I showed them my household scissors and said it was for taming my fringe, they waved me through with my cutters.

Hi,

Although I didn't personally visit the Jade Spa & Beauty Salon  - at my age I doubt they could do anything to improve my looks! - several of my female friends onboard did (and several times too).  I can remember them saying how enjoyable it had been and that they had experienced different treatments including hairdressing.  In terms of cost I quote an example from a "Welcome On Board" brochure given out at the start of my 2018 world trip:

"One Hour of Pure Massage Indulgence!":
20 mins head and face massage

20 mins back, neck and shoulder massage

20 mins foot and ankle massage

£52.

Another one I found says:

"Recover, strengthen and protect your hair with this innovative treatment.  Get a free wash and blow dry if you book today at our special price: £42".

Naturally, I have not idea how representative this is of land costs.  The brochure also mentions that a full list of prices and services is to be found in your cabin.

I am sure that there will be others on this forum who have actually used the Spa in person.

Stephen

Thanks for that, the prices you quote seem quite sensible - but I would rather keep my funds for shore excursions. But one or two visits for hair cutting would be good, to correct the damage I will do with my diy method.

The sauna is free to use on P and O Ventura which I always planned to use on the first few days of cruising, before the weather became mild and sunny but somehow, I never got round to it- too many distractions .

Got my head in the sand at the moment, convincing myself the cruise will go ahead but with an altered itinery.Positive waves, as they say.

Keep safe 

Well, despite what looks inevitable, we have to stay optimistic that the trip will go ahead albeit in a different form from originally advertised.

Keep safe yourself.

I've never been so safe ! I go out once for minor food shopping to Lidl where it's ultra safe - the first time I went, I was limping after a clumsy fall, so the security guard really looks after me, even now.He won t let me queue and calls me in, lifts for me and even takes my trolley and returns my £1 to me. The bulk of my shopping comes fron an online order.My only other 'escape' is to my sister's, where my 93 year old dad lives. We sit outside ,each at opposing ends of a large patio table and we split a bottle of wine.

Long story but originally he was going to do the 2019 WC with me but problems with his eyes means he'll never cruise again. i took him on his first cruise to the Med on Magellan ,from Bristol.He loved it , so next we did a 28 day Caribbean cruise and he was well up for the WC. Shame !

But as for safety, it's so very dull. Like I said, never, ever have I been so safe .

My wife and I have been self isolating since mid March relying on our wonderful neighbours and the supermarkets' online deliveries.  We both go out for short daily walks - separately, so we have something to talk about on our return! - and use Skype regularly to talk to our children and their families.  We haven't yet ventured into our local town and won't do so until we feel it is really safe and the level of coronavirus infections has reduced more (although we do have one of the lowest in England at present).

My wife, who is not travelling on Columbus, is worried if the cruise goes ahead and there is a COVID-19 outbreak onboard that I will be confined to my inside cabin for some unspecified period and will suffer.  She doeswant me to go because she knows it's probably my last chance in life and I will enjoy it (like 2018) but, equally, she is nervous about what may happen.

Such a dilemma, though if the cruise goes ahead,we can be certain there will be stringent health, safety and hygeine rules that all passengers will be willing to adhere to