RCL Lift & Shift

I wonder if anyone can explain the RCL L&S.  Our fall New England cruise is now cancelled and we would like to consider the L&S option.  I check the itineraries for next year and have found that RCL has the same length (nights), similar itineraries but a few ports are different from the cancelled one.  Will it meet the L&S requirement?  I had emailed RCL but have not received any reply yet.

Thanks

15 minutes ago, csisinfo said:

I wonder if anyone can explain the RCL L&S.  Our fall New England cruise is now cancelled and we would like to consider the L&S option.  I check the itineraries for next year and have found that RCL has the same length (nights), similar itineraries but a few ports are different from the cancelled one.  Will it meet the L&S requirement?  I had emailed RCL but have not received any reply yet.

Thanks

Ports do not matter.

itinerary type, length, stateroom category and 58 to 56 weeks from original sail date are all that matter. 

42 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Ports do not matter.

itinerary type, length, stateroom category and 58 to 56 weeks from original sail date are all that matter. 

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the info.  My travel agent told me that the ports must be the same 😞

2 hours ago, csisinfo said:

Hi Ken,

That’s unfortunate but I can assure you that ports definitely do not have to be the same.  Very few of the gifts that I have done have involved the exact same ports. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That’s unfortunate but I can assure you that ports definitely do not have to be the same.  Very few of the gifts that I have done have involved the exact same ports. 

I'm  glad that I have a TA that knows all the rules!!  That's very important

Edited by molly361

6 hours ago, csisinfo said:

Thanks

One other note people failed to mention, These New England/Canada sailings that were just canceled, The Lift and Shift must be done by June 14th, so don't delay much longer since you seem to have a travel agent that doesn't know what they are doing, so getting the switch may take longer.

7 hours ago, csisinfo said:

Hi Ken,

I did a Lift & Shift that has different ports, different beginning and ending but both are Transatlantic same number of nights.  I would try again.

2 minutes ago, Junkhouse said:

When we L&S'd to the same exact itinerary the only issue was finding the same cabin class.  So make sure you have researched and found rooms with the same "exact" room class before you call.

That is not always possible and exceptions are  made particularly because there is a major recategorization that is occurring in a May of 2021.

In May of 2021 many categories are disappearing (6D, 8D balconies, 6N Oceanview as well as 6V insides). If you have one of those categories booked you won’t be able to find it if you are shifting to a date beyond May 2021.  Royal will look at the actual cabin you are in and see what that cabin becomes after the categories change and move you to the different category. 

12 hours ago, Jimbo said:

One other note people failed to mention, These New England/Canada sailings that were just canceled, The Lift and Shift must be done by June 14th, so don't delay much longer since you seem to have a travel agent that doesn't know what they are doing, so getting the switch may take longer.

Thanks for the info.  I emailed RCL and hope that they would get back to me before the June 14th deadline 🙂

5 minutes ago, csisinfo said:

Thanks for the info.  I emailed RCL and hope that they would get back to me before the June 14th deadline 🙂

Call, don’t e mail.they are open 24/7 just press whatever number it is for a new reservation. Later at night or early morning are not too bad for hold times. 

just to add, you have until the 27th not the 14th

• Our NEW Lift & Shift option is ideal for your clients simply wishing to move their existing reservation to next year, protecting their original price and promotion. Select next year’s sailing on the same itinerary type, sailing length, stateroom category, and within the same 4-week window of the original cruise date and your clients are all set. Act quickly — option expires on June 10, 2020 for those sailings departing June 12-July 31 and on June 17, 2020 for those sailings impacted by the Canada port restrictions!
Edited by Ourusualbeach

Call, don’t e mail.they are open 24/7 just press whatever number it is for a new reservation. Later at night or early morning are not too bad for hold times. 

• Our NEW Lift & Shift option is ideal for your clients simply wishing to move their existing reservation to next year, protecting their original price and promotion. Select next year’s sailing on the same itinerary type, sailing length, stateroom category, and within the same 4-week window of the original cruise date and your clients are all set. Act quickly — option expires on June 10, 2020 for those sailings departing June 12-July 31 and on June 17, 2020 for those sailings impacted by the Canada port restrictions!

I get that the price is protected, but what happens if 2021 prices are cheaper. I am seeing that on Alaska cruises

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just now, gold said:

I get that the price is protected, but what happens if 2021 prices are cheaper. I am seeing that on Alaska cruises

Then take the 125% fcc book the new Alaska cruise and have some left over.  That’s what I did.  Paid for Alaska plus another cruise. 

• Like 1

Then take the 125% fcc book the new Alaska cruise and have some left over.  That’s what I did.  Paid for Alaska plus another cruise. 

I’m assuming I would have to go out of pocket again with another deposit?

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I thought this was the announcement of the NE/Canada Last week?  Where you see you have to the 27th? says June 17th, I think when I said 14th, I meant to say when annoucement was made you ONLY had 14 days to lift and shift those cancelled sailings?

Dear valued Travel Partners,

As we continue to navigate these extraordinary times, Royal Caribbean remains in close contact with many of our industry partners to bring you the latest news and updates. The Government of Canada recently announced the restriction of cruise traffic into Canadian ports through October 2020. Unfortunately, this has impacted our 2020 Alaska season in its entirety, as well as notable fall itineraries like Canada/New England and Hawaii. We are saddened that COVID-19 continues to disrupt your clients’ vacation plans. However, our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our guests, crew, and local communities where we sail.

We hope your impacted clients will stick with us and simply move their 2020 reservation to a similar adventure in 2021. In Alaska, increased capacity next season will open additional cruise options as we welcome a fourth ship — the award-winning Quantum of the Seas. It’s easy — just Lift & Shift your clients into 2021 and their current price and promotion is protected! Act quickly as this option is only available through June 17, 2020.

If your clients aren’t quite ready to select their next adventure, a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) is the ideal option — offering an elevated value of 125% of the total amount paid. FCCs will be automatically administered on or before July 17, 2020, if no alternative compensation form is selected. Funds attributed to the purchase of taxes/fees or pre-purchased amenities/onboard packages will be automatically refunded to the original form of payment within 45 days from the cancellation date.

Should a refund be the preferred option for your client, we are happy to return the funds paid per guest to the original form of payment within 45 days from the cancellation date. Opt-in for a refund on-or-before December 31, 2020 by accessing the “Cruise with Confidence” tab (previously “Cancellation Form”) 

Edited Tuesday at 04:07 PM by Ourusualbeach

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I thought this was the announcement of the NE/Canada Last week?  Where you see you have to the 27th? says June 17th, I think when I said 14th, I meant to say when annoucement was made you ONLY had 14 days to lift and shift those cancelled sailings?

Dear valued Travel Partners,

As we continue to navigate these extraordinary times, Royal Caribbean remains in close contact with many of our industry partners to bring you the latest news and updates. The Government of Canada recently announced the restriction of cruise traffic into Canadian ports through October 2020. Unfortunately, this has impacted our 2020 Alaska season in its entirety, as well as notable fall itineraries like Canada/New England and Hawaii. We are saddened that COVID-19 continues to disrupt your clients’ vacation plans. However, our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our guests, crew, and local communities where we sail.

We hope your impacted clients will stick with us and simply move their 2020 reservation to a similar adventure in 2021. In Alaska, increased capacity next season will open additional cruise options as we welcome a fourth ship — the award-winning Quantum of the Seas. It’s easy — just Lift & Shift your clients into 2021 and their current price and promotion is protected! Act quickly as this option is only available through June 17, 2020.

If your clients aren’t quite ready to select their next adventure, a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) is the ideal option — offering an elevated value of 125% of the total amount paid. FCCs will be automatically administered on or before July 17, 2020, if no alternative compensation form is selected. Funds attributed to the purchase of taxes/fees or pre-purchased amenities/onboard packages will be automatically refunded to the original form of payment within 45 days from the cancellation date.

Should a refund be the preferred option for your client, we are happy to return the funds paid per guest to the original form of payment within 45 days from the cancellation date. Opt-in for a refund on-or-before December 31, 2020 by accessing the “Cruise with Confidence” tab (previously “Cancellation Form”) 

Edited Tuesday at 04:07 PM by Ourusualbeach

Fat finger hit the 2 instead if the 1.  It should have read the 17th

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Fat finger hit the 2 instead if the 1.  It should have read the 17th

Hope the OP  sees this and gets on the phone to get the answers they need, never count on an email anytime fast from RCCL.

On 6/7/2020 at 1:15 AM, csisinfo said:

Thanks

We were scheduled for Oct 8 2020 (New England-Canada) on the Adventure. We did L&S to Oct 14 2021 (New England-Canada) on the Freedom without any issues.  There have been several in our roll call that did the same thing as we did.

11 hours ago, whitsmom said:

We were scheduled for Oct 8 2020 (New England-Canada) on the Adventure. We did L&S to Oct 14 2021 (New England-Canada) on the Freedom without any issues.  There have been several in our roll call that did the same thing as we did.

if my cancelled one starts from NYC and finishes in Quebec, do I have to have another cruise starts in NYC and ends in Quebec to qualify for the L&S? 

31 minutes ago, csisinfo said:

if my cancelled one starts from NYC and finishes in Quebec, do I have to have another cruise starts in NYC and ends in Quebec to qualify for the L&S? 

You may, and I emphasize may, be able to shift if there is another Canada New England cruise that is the same number of nights.  Same number of nights is crucial.

11 hours ago, SRF said:

Call them.

I did a Lift and Switch, but it was complicated by the fact that Grandeur will not be in the fleet a year later.

TA called Royal, boom, done.

Where did you hear about Grandeur no longer in fleet, any other ships in the fleet gone?