Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:


Puts me in a bad mood when I get bad calls as I know it will come back on me tomorrow. The weather is absolutely awful it’s throwing it down here. 
hubby has tottled off to the garage. 
I’m homeschooling to catch up as we are behind. Scarlett has been good today as she’s caught up loads. I think Georgia is coming down with something. She only gets clingy when poorly. 
 

really hope these cruises get going. I need something tl look forward to

You are having a rough day aren't you? 

It's pouring down here and has been all day, tomorrow is supposed to be a lot better and sunshine from then on. Fingers crossed. Scarlett catching up with her school work is a good positive for you today. Concentrate on having a relaxing family evening and let tomorrow go.  I got a bit down on another thread today myself (must be something in the air😆)but terrierjohn gave me a virtual gentle  kick up the bum. Maybe he'll come on here and do the same for you. It helped.😉

Avril 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Today’s menu

 

BA23C210-C8AF-4695-98E5-CED388E68E74.thumb.jpeg.a5140334ff69b1e8ec1e98556e0adb1a.jpeg

192880BD-5446-42BC-B108-E0BA85913D5E.thumb.jpeg.2ee98830d6951e012e998772d0b63e59.jpeg

 

I would have the croquettes (not sure what they are tho 😆)

the honey mustard ham- really enjoyed that last year. 
raspberry ripple sundae 

 

is it wrong that I would probably have coke with this or maybe water. I don’t drink often

Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s a nice menu

 

I think I’ll go a little off-piste and have

 

Duck Rillette

Moroccan soup (that’s really tasty)

then I would be very full so just a 

Chicken Caesar salad 
would be fine

no pudding thank you

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Today’s menu

 

BA23C210-C8AF-4695-98E5-CED388E68E74.thumb.jpeg.a5140334ff69b1e8ec1e98556e0adb1a.jpeg

192880BD-5446-42BC-B108-E0BA85913D5E.thumb.jpeg.2ee98830d6951e012e998772d0b63e59.jpeg

 

I would have the croquettes (not sure what they are tho 😆)

the honey mustard ham- really enjoyed that last year. 
raspberry ripple sundae 

 

is it wrong that I would probably have coke with this or maybe water. I don’t drink often

Lovely,  another one. I hope you can keep doing these they're fun.

Starter

Chicken caeser salad

Main

Miso Glazed Tuna

Dessert

Ccocnut Ice cream. My favourite. 

Frank

Starter

Tomato soup

Main

Sirloin

Dessert 

Roasted fruits with orange 

Plus the Zinfandel and coffees

Avril 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Monorail Orange said:

Chicken Croquettes
Fillet of Haddock
Blueberry cheesecake

 

Any idea what the petit fours are tonight?

 

Usually hard shortcake squares or something equally inedible. Love the chocs though 😊

Avril 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

I would have the croquettes (not sure what they are tho 😆)

 

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

is it wrong that I would probably have coke with this or maybe water

Croquettes are like round fish fingers made with seasoned mashed potatoes and in this instance,  chicken. Covered in breadcrumb and deep fried. 

You can drink  whatever you like. A lot only have water or soft drinks. I've seen beer and cocktails as well. There's no right or wrong, just personal preference. 

Avril 

Link to post
Share on other sites
 12 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Usually hard shortcake squares or something equally inedible. Love the chocs though 😊

Avril 

 

haha yeah.. they can be a little dry. Bit of 'Shortcake Roulette' if you like, you never know if they're passable or could chip a tooth. 😉

Edited by Monorail Orange
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

 

Croquettes are like round fish fingers made with seasoned mashed potatoes and in this instance,  chicken. Covered in breadcrumb and deep fried. 

You can drink  whatever you like. A lot only have water or soft drinks. I've seen beer and cocktails as well. There's no right or wrong, just personal preference. 

Avril 


I’ve seen a few say not to have beer or coke etc when the meals. 
 

mostly water anyway as coke doesn’t always taste quite same on board. 
 

the cocktail we have to keep to the bars. 
 

you can tell I’m going stir crazy now. 
 

really hope whoever gets to go back on board first sends us lots of pictures 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh dear

 

hubby is making a workbench in the garage. He has just whacked his thumb with a rubber mallet. Thumb is purple. 
He told Georgia and she said “well why did you put your thumb there then?” 
 

no filter these kids. Cracks me up 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Oh dear

 

hubby is making a workbench in the garage. He has just whacked his thumb with a rubber mallet. Thumb is purple. 
He told Georgia and she said “well why did you put your thumb there then?” 
 

no filter these kids. Cracks me up 

Love it. 😂 Kids just brighten up the whole world.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

I’ve seen a few say not to have beer or coke etc with the meals

It's up  to you entirely. I would have said it's not what you drink but how you drink it, and believe me I've seen a few 'posh' wine guzzlers.

Avril 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It's up  to you entirely. I would have said it's not what you drink but how you drink it, and believe me I've seen a few 'posh' wine guzzlers.

Avril 

If I want a pint of Peroni with my dinner I will have it. 

I occasionally have wine, but sometimes just fancy a beer. 

Andy 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

If I want a pint of Peroni with my dinner I will have it. 

I occasionally have wine, but sometimes just fancy a beer. 

Andy 

Exactly. I can't understand all this rubbish. Good table manners has nothing to do with what you drink, how you hold you're knife or whether you put your napkin over your knees our stick it down your shirt collar. Who are these P&O MDR police.?? ☺

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

If I want a pint of Peroni with my dinner I will have it. 

I occasionally have wine, but sometimes just fancy a beer. 

Andy 

Can't remember when I last had an alcoholic drink, probably last month.

Still got 3 cans of Old Speckled Hen in the fridge from Xmas.

I cooked Chicken Kiev,chips and sprouts for our dinner washed down with a coffee for me and Pauline had a hot lemon juice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Exactly. I can't understand all this rubbish. Good table manners has nothing to do with what you drink, how you hold you're knife or whether you put your napkin over your knees our stick it down your shirt collar. Who are these P&O MDR police.?? ☺

Avril 

On the RCL forum it is the dress police in the MDR.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wowzz said:

My Dad used to love tripe, but my Mother refused to cook it for him.  He had to get the next door neighbour to cook it for him.

Having seen it, I am firmly of the opinion that my Mum was 100% correct.

My late dad was the same and liked tripe.

He also ate dripping bread yuk.

Bread dipped in fat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

 

He also ate dripping bread yuk.

Bread dipped in fat.

Mum did something similar. When she'd fried the bacon and eggs for breakfast she would pour any remaining bacon fat onto the plate with a slice of bread to mop it up with. Bread and dip. Lovely.

I couldn't touch it now though. 

Avril 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Exactly. I can't understand all this rubbish. Good table manners has nothing to do with what you drink, how you hold you're knife or whether you put your napkin over your knees our stick it down your shirt collar. Who are these P&O MDR police.?? ☺

Avril 

I honestly don't think I have offended any of my table mates, but maybe they are just polite... 

It may not be the done thing in some quarters, but I am polite, courteous and respectful, as well as being extremely funny and very handsome of course... 😊

It seems the only people offended are on here😊

Andy 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I honestly don't think I have offended any of my table mates, but maybe they are just polite... 

It may not be the done thing in some quarters, but I am polite, courteous and respectful, as well as being extremely funny and very handsome of course... 😊

It seems the only people offended are on here😊

Andy 

Or maybe it's just a front 😉

You could drink whatever you wanted if we shared a table. The only issue I would have is if you slurped it loudly then smacked your lips while wiping your hand across your mouth with the back of your hand. And I wouldn’t care how handsome you were.😆

Avril 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Lovely,  another one. I hope you can keep doing these they're fun.

Starter

Chicken caeser salad

Main

Miso Glazed Tuna

Dessert

Ccocnut Ice cream. My favourite. 

Frank

Starter

Tomato soup

Main

Sirloin

Dessert 

Roasted fruits with orange 

Plus the Zinfandel and coffees

Avril 

 

 

Now there is a menu that leaves me absolutely cold.  I would start with Tomato and Mozarella and then I would be stuck with salmon because there is absolutely nothing else than excites me on that menu.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...