Refund after using Peace of Mind?

cindi53

I contacted NCL to cancel through Peace of Mind 1 day before NCL cancelled all cruises, while I was on hold to cancel (1hr15min) they put through the charge for the upgrade (Haven owners Suite) we received our fcc for our cruise and got refunded for water and OBC certificates we purchased prior to sailing. We have not been refunded for Internet package and Prepaid Tips. We realized they charged us for the upgrade and disputed that with our NCL credit card,  they did a charge back on 3/12.  On 5/14 NCL charged us again for the upgrade and our credit card is stating we have to pay for this service we cannot and will not ever receive. We bid the lowest amount possible for this upgrade and cannot rebook a cruise in the Haven owners suite for the amount of our fcc. Now I would like a refund on then entire thing, they are making that available to anyone with cruises booked in July, why not everyone? I would really like some suggestions on how to proceed, I cannot get through to a live person, I have contacted 6 different phone numbers for NCL including the corporate office. 

If I understand you correctly you cancelled through the Peace of Mind policy to receive FCC prior to them cancelling your cruise. You now want a cash refund instead of the FCC since people who had not cancelled under Peace of Mind had the cash refund option? If this is correct I believe you are out of luck. Several people have posted on here with similar situations and NCL has taken the hard line that if YOU cancelled under Peace of mind you no longer had a reservation for the cruise THEY cancelled. Therefore they will not issue a refund.

A bid can not be canceled once awarded.  That was clearly in your terms.   You should have canceled your bid BEFORE it was awarded.    

The Peace of Mind is ONLY FCC.   You initiated this and it was completed-  per terms YOU agreed to.      

There is no going back  You can’t just change your mind.   It is a done deal.     A day later-  you had no reservation.    

I think if you cancelled under POM, you are stuck with the FCC.

The bummer about FCC is that you don’t know what future prices will be, so there’s no guarantee you’ll be able to get the cruise you originally booked for the same price. When NCL offered me the “bonus” FCC I went and priced out cruises a year out, and they were at least 25% more than what we originally paid, so it wasn’t really a bonus. Made the choice to opt for a refund that much easier. 

I hope you’ll be able to find a decent price on a future cruise at some point and get something comparable to the cruise you originally booked. Best of luck!