Status of Caribbean Islands Reopening

Stealthdog

Here is the current status of Caribbean Islands and their opening to tourism.  It’s more related to resorts and hotels.  But if they are allowing resorts to open for tourism (with precautions) that is a positive sign for cruise ships.  Some places have already lifted restrictions, while others looked phased over June and July, just in time for hurricane season.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/caribbean-comeback-a-guide-to-when-travelers-can-return-to-the-islands/ar-BB1532QG?li=BBnbklE&ocid=DELLDHP

Everyone of them have far more restrictions required with their reopening than we have here at home currently.  I'm sure considered necessary by them.  But they are certainly not opening for a return to anywhere near the previous experience.  It's a long way until any of them become a fun experience again.  I cannot imagine spending anywhere near a cruise ship price for the experience.  Just not for me with those restrictions.  .   

21 minutes ago, tgloersen said:

As of now it matters not that the islands are opening, with a no-sail order in place no one is going anywhere.

We are aware, but things are reopening, and we will sail/vacation again for sure

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok, read the linked article...doesn’t sound like a vacation to me..it’s about time for the panic to end...I’ll just stay in Georgia for a while, where things re getting back to normal. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Ok, read the linked article...doesn’t sound like a vacation to me..it’s about time for the panic to end...I’ll just stay in Georgia for a while, where things re getting back to normal. 

Tennessee reported 563 new cases for today.   I was just at a Home Depot.  Loaded with people, Including mine, only two mask seen.  Employees not using them.  So who knows when or how this will end.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roger001 said:

Tennessee reported 563 new cases for today.   I was just at a Home Depot.  Loaded with people, Including mine, only two mask seen.  Employees not using them.  So who knows when or how this will end.  

Many more people are getting tested..many display zero symptoms...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustAPilot said:

Lol "face masks required in all public areas of the hotel" Yeah ok in the dead of summer in the Caribbean, who are they planning on attracting to these resorts?

Sounds like a blast doesn’t it?

• Haha 1

Social distancing, frequent hand wash and/or equivalent, temperature check, and mandatory wearing of a mask - those are becoming the new de facto protocol and standards around the world, whether the "American" nationals like it or not, sorry.  Not open for discussions, debate and/or challenges - either respect & follow it or risk getting fined ... or worst.  

It is nice and toasty in Singapore and Manila at the moment, day's high and low being 32/28 and 35/27 respectively ... if you go outside, a mask is required, no "if's" and "but's" about it.  CDC, will continue to amend and change guidelines and issue "recommendations" that apply mainly (only) to USA - guidance from WHO and/or other countries' own health authorities have their own say of what ... If and when we cruise/travel abroad - CDC is not going to provide immunity and/or shield against doing "our own" things & ignore what's required of all visitors inside their borders.  

What's going to be in place onboard, inside the cruise ships - that's more of a wait-n-see ... and, I am sure we are going to spirited discussions and debate about it.   More popcorns ... who's getting the butter.  

P.S.  Those temperature are in C - it's 90/82 in F for Singapore and 96/81 in Manila.   Everyone is wearing a mask and healthcare personnel are geared up in full PPE on the frontline.  New Covid-19 cases are still being reported, no much for the warm weather myth on disappearance of the virus.  Non-citizens and visitors on arrival are subject to a mandatory 14 day self-isolation or quarantine, or equivalent at one's own expenses at a designated hotels, under "watch".  

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1