Jump to content

Cunard's Cancellations/Refunds Update 9th June 2020


bluemarble
 Share

Recommended Posts

And now here's the announcement on the "Covid-19 – Keeping you updated." page of the Cunard website.

 

Operational pause extended.

As a result of the continuing impact of Covid-19, Cunard has extended its pause in operations to sailings up to and including 1 November 2020 for Queen Mary 2 and Queen Victoria, and 23 November for Queen Elizabeth.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everyone: Cunard's site says the QM2 and Victoria sailings are cancelled to Nov 1 and Elizabeth to Nov 23.

 

We just filled in the form for a refund of our deposit - it states can take up to 60 days.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's been an important change to the terms for using the FCC being issued for canceled voyages.

 

The previous terms were as follows (emphasis mine).

"We’ll be crediting your guest account with a 125% Future Cruise Credit, which you may redeem up to 31 December 2021 on any voyage sailing before 31 March 2022."

 

The new terms are as follows (emphasis mine).

"We’ll be crediting your guest account with a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) on monies paid to date on your booking, which you may redeem against any voyage on sale now or on any new voyage that we introduce in the future. You have up until 31 December 2021 to make your booking."

 

Later this year, the full 2022 schedule ought to be announced and by the end of next year, the 2023 schedule ought to have been announced. This provides more flexibility for those considering keeping the FCC rather than requesting a refund.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our refund of the April 1 Queen Mary 2 voyage from Cape Town to New York has been credited to our CC as of June 8 (submitted March 12). Our $600 FCC remains active and we have optimistically applied it to a September 12, 2021 voyage from New York to Southampton, Bruges, Amsterdam, Cherbourg and back to New York. If there is no viable vaccine by final payment date, we will cancel and keep waiting.

 

Good luck to all still waiting for a refund.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just had a cheque from Cunard for Cape Town to Southampton cruise.  Did send numerous emails/telephone calls over the past weeks.

Just need to get the remainder of the holiday reimbursed from UK travel agent (hotel/air fares) they said up to 90 days seems along time seeing Cunard has refunded already?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has anyone heard anything about how they're dealing with the FCC for those of us who paid deposits on board? 

 

The crossing that I was booked on for September, I booked last May, on board, and it involved a bunch of OBC, and some other goodies, for a minimal deposit. I'll be getting the 125% FCC of that minimal deposit, but I'm assuming the OBC for booking on board is gone? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, neeuqdrazil said:

Has anyone heard anything about how they're dealing with the FCC for those of us who paid deposits on board? 

 

The crossing that I was booked on for September, I booked last May, on board, and it involved a bunch of OBC, and some other goodies, for a minimal deposit. I'll be getting the 125% FCC of that minimal deposit, but I'm assuming the OBC for booking on board is gone? 

I booked to go on 2 cruises on QM2 one in May and one in October booked 18 months ago onboard QM2 which included extra OBC  had refund for May cruise and havent decided yet what to do with deposit of October cruise but both lots of OBC have been lost.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For the Aussies here waiting for refunds - I had a little surprise yesterday in that I received refund for our flight to Japan (Qantas) and return flights from Vancouver ( Air Canada and Hawaiaan airlines)  to the tune of $3600. I say it was a surprise - because I had submitted a cancellation request to Qantas 4 months ago and had heard nothing from them and the other two flights had been booked by a TA here in Oz which has recently been under close media scrutiny (FC) and had thought that the airfares would not be refunded at all . So - now still waiting for $30,000 from Cunard- I am certain that part of the problem is our cruises were not even meant to sail until May , even though they were cancelled in late February. The last cruise is actually still sailing - we arrive back in Vancouver later this week 🙂 As somebody else has said here - it seems that Cunard have put us on the back burner and forgotten about us. Also possible is that Cunard matters here in Australia are not even dealt with by Cunard - but maybe Carnival Corp or P&O Aus???  My TA has now told me that they anticipate it will be 12-16 weeks after the date they notified Cunard that I wished to get a refund - that date was late April. So am looking like possibly October refund for me!!!! Unbelievable!!! - considering first cancellation  notice by Cunard was late February!!!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm slightly confused by the announcement that QE cruises are cancelled to 23 November.  I have a cruise booked out of Melbourne on 25 November and that is now the first listed date for QE cruises on their website.  I can't understand why the reference to 23 November when there are no cruises listed for that date.  Any thoughts?

 

EDIT:  I've answered the question myself after reading the Stock Exchange statement.  It's sailings up to and including 23 November that are cancelled - so 25 is the first scheduled sailing after the cancellation period.

Edited by AussieVoyager
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, AussieVoyager said:

I'm slightly confused by the announcement that QE cruises are cancelled to 23 November.  I have a cruise booked out of Melbourne on 25 November and that is now the first listed date for QE cruises on their website.  I can't understand why the reference to 23 November when there are no cruises listed for that date.  Any thoughts?

 

QE's original itineraries after her Japan cruises included the following voyages:

 

Q031: Oct 25-Nov 1 - Tokyo to Hong Kong

Q032: Nov 1-Nov 8 - Hong Kong to Singapore

Q033: Nov 8-Nov 23 - Singapore to Sydney (including Australia calls at Darwin, Airlie Beach and Brisbane)

Q034: Nov 23-Nov 25 - Sydney to Melbourne

 

The 23 November voyage that has been canceled was a two-night "Australia Short Break" cruise from Sydney to Melbourne.

 

Edit: I see now you answered your own question after I started composing my reply. I hope the details I provided were still of some help as to what that canceled 23 November voyage was.

Edited by bluemarble
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, bazzaw said:

For the Aussies here waiting for refunds - I had a little surprise yesterday in that I received refund for our flight to Japan (Qantas) and return flights from Vancouver ( Air Canada and Hawaiaan airlines)  to the tune of $3600. I say it was a surprise - because I had submitted a cancellation request to Qantas 4 months ago and had heard nothing from them and the other two flights had been booked by a TA here in Oz which has recently been under close media scrutiny (FC) and had thought that the airfares would not be refunded at all . So - now still waiting for $30,000 from Cunard- I am certain that part of the problem is our cruises were not even meant to sail until May , even though they were cancelled in late February. The last cruise is actually still sailing - we arrive back in Vancouver later this week 🙂 As somebody else has said here - it seems that Cunard have put us on the back burner and forgotten about us. Also possible is that Cunard matters here in Australia are not even dealt with by Cunard - but maybe Carnival Corp or P&O Aus???  My TA has now told me that they anticipate it will be 12-16 weeks after the date they notified Cunard that I wished to get a refund - that date was late April. So am looking like possibly October refund for me!!!! Unbelievable!!! - considering first cancellation  notice by Cunard was late February!!!! 

Bazzaw great news . Hope it continues. Still nothing for us though.  Cunard not even responding to email. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzaw,  boy are you lucky getting your flights refunded  we booked NZ to Vancouver then Tokyo  NZ  with Air New Zealand and we  ( as in nz) have been told we will not get refunds only credits for our flights!!   Very annoying as with so many people losing their jobs a lot of them can no longer afford to travel overseas. We re booked our cruise today Vancouver- Japan for next September and found we cant use our FCC for the deposit and we are to pay a NON RFEUNDABLE deposit but we will do it as we want to go on the cruise which im sure will be worth it in the end. Allison

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Edit: I see now you answered your own question after I started composing my reply. I hope the details I provided were still of some help as to what that canceled 23 November voyage was.

Yes thanks bluemarble, that was helpful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, majortom10 said:

I booked to go on 2 cruises on QM2 one in May and one in October booked 18 months ago onboard QM2 which included extra OBC  had refund for May cruise and havent decided yet what to do with deposit of October cruise but both lots of OBC have been lost.

 

As you're not at fault, and you suffered consequential loss (OBC), ask your PCS to have a chat with Mr Constable, requesting fairness and allowing a special dispensation to purchase four off FCD.

Just a thought.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Addendum 

By booking on board, one has actually purchased, in therory, and in real time, a FCD pp, then "used" a FCD pp at the desk, thereby enabling the booking to achieve substantive OBC.

 

For example, while on board, let's say 10 minutes (or whenever prior to) before making the booking, you could have purchased two off FCD.  Then returned to the booking desk and made a booking, presenting the FCD.

In this event, Cunard would have automatically reinstated the FCD.

 

So, is there any difference as to when a FCD was utilised?

 

 

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Predictive
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

 

As you're not at fault, and you suffered consequential loss (OBC), ask your PCS to have a chat with Mr Constable, requesting fairness and allowing a special dispensation to purchase four off FCD.

Just a thought.

 

 

 

 

I have not got or never had a PCS even though I have cruised with Cunard for 23yrs but suppose booking inside cabins doesnt help or the fact that I never book direct with Cunard. Have already been told that my FCD will be extended if I dont use it before expiry date but as long as 2022 programme is released before November there will not be a problem. Not sure I will be booking anymore FCD's at £175pp.

Edited by majortom10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

I have not got or never had a PCS even though I have cruised with Cunard for 23yrs but suppose booking inside cabins doesnt help or the fact that I never book direct with Cunard. Have already been told that my FCD will be extended if I dont use it before expiry date but as long as 2022 programme is released before November there will not be a problem. Not sure I will be booking anymore FCD's at £175pp.

 

You don't suffer any loss at £175.00 as this becomes actual deposit funds, and the OBC remains unchanged.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PORT ROYAL said:

 

You don't suffer any loss at £175.00 as this becomes actual deposit funds, and the OBC remains unchanged.

Perhaps so but committing £350 per FCD for every cruise so far in advance is too much as far as my finances reach.

Edited by majortom10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/9/2020 at 4:11 PM, devonport said:

Just had a cheque from Cunard for Cape Town to Southampton cruise.  Did send numerous emails/telephone calls over the past weeks.

Just need to get the remainder of the holiday reimbursed from UK travel agent (hotel/air fares) they said up to 90 days seems along time seeing Cunard has refunded already?

Dare I hope that our refund for Cape Town to Southampton may arrive soon? Like you we will still be waiting on a UK travel agent for the remainder of the holiday. The travel agent also told us up to 90 days from when we filled in their refund claim form (May 19th because we were not asked to complete one before then) even though we have confirmation from them that we asked for a full refund on March 26th. We are so sick and tired of the goal posts being moved at every opportunity that we raised a CC section 75 claim last week. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, LGC100 said:

Dare I hope that our refund for Cape Town to Southampton may arrive soon?

You could, as could we, if there was any evidence that Cunard were doing things in chronological order. Either by cruise date, cancelation date or sailing date. So far I've yet to deduce any pattern from the postings on this board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

we are booked for the carib x mass cruise on the qm2 in dec 2020 ........i do not think we will want to be part of the beta test team of cunard getting back to normal .......so we will cancel when the final bill comes in i think .....sadly too because this is our 10th cruise down there with cunard and we really look forward to the get away . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Host Hattie locked, unlocked, unpinned and locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...