Jump to content

Amplification Update and Itinerary Changes


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, internetwhiz said:

If you were booked on ALLURE and thought your options were limited to Liberty, That has changed TODAY.  You can now: (1) Still move to Liberty, (2) Move to ANY other ship on a Caribbean cruise with your 7 night- price protected, or (3) get a refund of your deposit.   We moved to Symphony, for the two weeks, in January 2022..Mine is done!  Call RC if you want to make changes. Your move is still covered by Cruise with Confidence.We did have to pay a small difference in port fees. We are done and have new confirmations. 

Hi, this is Phil. We have cruised together several times. I just called RC and they would not price protect my change to the Harmony from Allure. What’s your secret?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

So sue me, that was me I said John might not agree with the quote ... and then spaced ... and put the quote about a oasis class ship coming to Galveston and base fares and competing with carnival. ..the comment was mine because I'd seen john say tampa cost more ... then spaced and put the quote.

 

Sorry I tried to help. I knew a ta could say it better. I was trying to not upset john, and now seems everyone is beating me up. As I said I took it as someone calming down a texas group. Of course I like john and the last thing I would do is offend him. 

Ok. I thought you quoted someone else who mentioned John.  It’s difficult for me to figure what content was yours and what was quoted from another source. I just didn’t think it was fair to mention John in a quote from someone else without the source. Since it was you, it not applicable. Too many people sue. 
 

Peace

 

M8

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

So sue me, that was me I said John might not agree with the quote ... and then spaced ... and put the quote about a oasis class ship coming to Galveston and base fares and competing with carnival. ..the comment was mine because I'd seen john say tampa cost more ... then spaced and put the quote.

 

Sorry I tried to help. I knew a ta could say it better. I was trying to not upset john, and now seems everyone is beating me up. As I said I took it as someone calming down a texas group. Of course I like john and the last thing I would do is offend him. 

 

We're good, sorry for the pile on.

 

We're all entitled to opinions, and I have often found the Royal's gulf based ships are less expensive than east coast FL ships.  And I honestly think its because of the limited ports available on a 7 day trip. I'm dure there are exceptions.  

 

I also feel like Galveston would do well with Allure once the new Terminal is in place. I was hoping to sail Liberty this spring, but it didnt work out, obviously. Just never got around to booking Allure. Maybe 2023.

 

I am intrigued with the potential 3/4 day trips on Allure next year

Edited by John&LaLa
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, gypsealin said:

Hi, this is Phil. We have cruised together several times. I just called RC and they would not price protect my change to the Harmony from Allure. What’s your secret?

 

You may have gotten an uninformed agent

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

It appears that Firefly is copying text from another site, possibly FB. I was one of those that suggested doing that. No worries.

 

 

I didn’t see any quote marks. I just assumed both paragraphs were copied and pasted without an author. It’s explained, all good. 
 

M8

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

 

 

I am intrigued with the potential 3/4 day trips on Allure next year

I didn't think you were a fan of the quickies??  Pun intended😇

 

Asking for a friend

Edited by molly361
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got off the phone with RC and they would not price protect my changing from Allure to the Harmony. What is your secret ComputerWhiz? We kept same date and same room

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, molly361 said:

 

'i saw the post on the Galveston Cruise group FB page.  It was posted by a Texas TA

I thought it said something like he was on a web call with vicki freeds office. I didn't see where he said he was a TA and ourusualbeach beach said he wasnt advised of changes ... so had no idea if he was for real, just wanted people to wait to cancel to see if he was for real. 

 

Hes speaks very polite though lol. But without knowing if he was for real all I wanted was to stop people from panic here. 

 

I had no way of knowing if they do webinators because they cant meet in person or if its usual. Just alerting to possible changes. Glad to see someone was able to change to oasis now. 

 

Need to get word out to all TAs i guess now. If he is a TA was still better I didnt post his name here imo.

 

Sorry, I should know better than try to help when I know so little about rcl. Only get myself in trouble.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My TA has been fighting with them over this.  She has traditionally been very good and has worked miracles before.  

 

No price protection moving to another ship, no extra benefits offered for loss of Star Class if I remained on Liberty where Royal slammed me.  They would waive the $100 per person fee for moving to another ship at prevailing rates.  

 

After a number of exchanges she did secure a 100% refund of the NRD deposit.  So that's where we took it.  

 

I should expect my refund in 90 days they offered.

 

With that accomplished I contacted my credit card company to have them dispute the 90 day refund timeframe.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, gypsealin said:

I just got off the phone with RC and they would not price protect my changing from Allure to the Harmony. What is your secret ComputerWhiz? We kept same date and same room

Computer whiz changed to symphony, ... my post said symphony or oasis option 

 

Computer whiz said any Caribbean cruise, but the option I posted said specifically symphony or oasis and he changed to one of the 2 mentioned as a option.  ... might be the secret

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I've read the options have been changed. 

 

Option 1 move to within 4 weeks of your date on oasis or symphony of the seas ... for those with suites they can now keep them

 

Options 2 full refund

 

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

 

 

Reposting....says oasis or symphony 

 

Noting again both reports of successful transfer were to the above ships, not others.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

We're good, sorry for the pile on.

 

We're all entitled to opinions, and I have often found the Royal's gulf based ships are less expensive than east coast FL ships.  And I honestly think its because of the limited ports available on a 7 day trip. I'm dure there are exceptions.  

 

I also feel like Galveston would do well with Allure once the new Terminal is in place. I was hoping to sail Liberty this spring, but it didnt work out, obviously. Just never got around to booking Allure. Maybe 2023.

 

I am intrigued with the potential 3/4 day trips on Allure next year

I am not! I want to move my Jan 2021 Oasis to Jan 2022 Allure. I need 7 day sailings. And I also would not get on a plane for anything less.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, gypsealin said:

Hi, this is Phil. We have cruised together several times. I just called RC and they would not price protect my change to the Harmony from Allure. What’s your secret?

No secret. Ask for resolutions if the next person tells you that. Use the number for RC given in your cancellation email. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BettyGiggles said:

We just received the email yesterday that the UP suite we had booked was no longer available, we switched to Crown Loft as no other Star Class choices were available. 

Was this for a Texas or Med sailing?  Still unacceptable as the crown loft isn’t a star class. I am booked and waiting to hear. I had a friend who had one booked for the med and they switched her to an A1. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We just successfully transferred our Allure out of Galveston to Symphony for Jan. 2022. Same cabin and price protected, just small increase in taxes and port fees. Talked to Rudy at RCL and was on hold off and on as he had to check with another department. He made the transaction easy other than the hold time. It's done and we are happy. The price protection made the cruise about half the current prices.

 

Barbara

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was offered the same 3 option mentioned above and ended up moving my reservation to Liberty for the same price.  Liberty only had Cat 1B so I had to settle for that.

 

As a side note, I have always used one of the large online travel sites.  I am now in the market for a "real" travel agent that specializes in cruises.  I spent way too long on this today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, toad455 said:

So is the Explorer getting fully amped now? They list is now as getting revitalized?

 

Nope.  Maybe, one day, but not scheduled at this time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My TA thinks the great rate I got on my Star Class Allure booking was a factor with not being offered price protection while attempting to move to another ship.

 

I booked the day Allure opened up.  Our rate was roughly equivalent to what Voom, the dining package, the drink package and gratuity would be.  All those are included in Star Class so it was like getting the rest free for the cost of those items.  

 

Oh well, my full refund is on it's way.  Money in the bank is worth ten times FCC I can't use.  I have six more anticipated cancellation coming up and since only one FCC can be applied to another cruise I just don't need any more FCC right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

Was this for a Texas or Med sailing?  Still unacceptable as the crown loft isn’t a star class. I am booked and waiting to hear. I had a friend who had one booked for the med and they switched her to an A1. 

Caribbean out of Pt Canaveral Oct 31 2021, we got nothing, no price protection, nothing, cheaper price, yes, but we had an awesome deal for the UP including drink package, gratuities and Genie. The only one they had would cost us $4000 more and a different sailing on Allure

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BettyGiggles said:

Caribbean out of Pt Canaveral Oct 31 2021, we got nothing, no price protection, nothing, cheaper price, yes, but we had an awesome deal for the UP including drink package, gratuities and Genie. The only one they had would cost us $4000 more and a different sailing on Allure

 

It doesn’t sound like they worked with you at all. That’s disappointing. I am in that sailing with some friends in the 2 bedroom gs. See you on board!

 

my allure sailing where I have the up is in the med so it looks like they won’t put me in another star class room without having to pay. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The letter is just a standard letter telling you to call or that they will call you.  I wouldn’t wait for the letter or them to call.  I would call the number in the letter that has been posted.

We did call the number in email received and rep who got call had no clue to what we were calling for, kept say UP is not being built, you understand that? His wording plus choppy phone line, spent over an hour with no supervisor available more then through Skype for him. Oasis was the switchover we could make but the itinerary and star class is what we had booked on Allure. Could have let us have drink package imho 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...