All Jewel cruises cancelled through end Feb 2021

Rob_H

16 minutes ago, delaware32 said:

Our French Polynesia trip is showing on the NCL website . We are scheduled to sail March 18.2021 . Hope it's a go .

Think the US site is still showing our sept cruise too. I've just spoken to ncl and they confirmd there won't be any cruises until May on the current itinarys and nothing to tahiti next year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, penlanspice said:

Think the US site is still showing our sept cruise too. I've just spoken to ncl and they confirmd there won't be any cruises until May on the current itinarys and nothing to tahiti next year.

Oh no.... I am scheduled on a Hawaii/Tahiti cruise in April 2021.  Has Tahiti banned cruise ships next year? 

44 minutes ago, drlucy12 said:

Oh no.... I am scheduled on a Hawaii/Tahiti cruise in April 2021.  Has Tahiti banned cruise ships next year? 

Tahiti hasn't announced anything about cruise ships only that they will reopen to international visitors in july.

I'm guessing it's because the australia season is cancelled so the ship wont be coming from Australia to reposition back. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Who thought this was only going to be a few weeks or 1-2 months? lol

Well, the folks at the Arizona State Dept of Health apparently not, no longer thinking otherwise and tweeting to its hospitals to activate their disaster plans again.  Let's hope this isn't the beginning of the new/second wave already but ...   "only" reporting 1,000 new cases a day, upward trending - in that hot, desert, inland state/region.  Covid-19 isn't gone for sure, just a folk tale.   

US government's limited supply of remdesivir, the drug known to work against coronavirus, will run out at the end of the June, said Dr. Robert Kadlec, a US Department of Health and Human Services official - if that is to be believed and accurate, as reported by multiple media sources. 

Nevermind cruising, just the thought for flying 10+ hours plus hub connections while in transit, navigating the maze of new & evolving regulations imposed by countries around the world.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Well, the folks at the Arizona State Dept of Health apparently not, no longer thinking otherwise and tweeting to its hospitals to activate their disaster plans again.  Let's hope this isn't the beginning of the new/second wave already but ...   "only" reporting 1,000 new cases a day, upward trending - in that hot, desert, inland state/region.  Covid-19 isn't gone for sure, just a folk tale. 

Of course its the beginning of a second wave, their will most likely be a 3rd, 4th and 5th. Nothing about the virus has changed. What has change is more people are out and about. In PA if your in a store you must have a mask on, in NC.....not so much. This will continual in phases until we have a world vaccine or everyone gets it. The big thing is to not overwhelm the hospitals and supply healthcare workers with all the PPP they need. This will Not magically go away like some people think, its here to stay and we need to deal with it. 

Edited by Laszlo
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, iggyc said:

They should cancel the sailings of jewel from aug 1 to sept 25. Seems stupid to drag this out

Yep, we're scheduled to be on the Jewel the 14th to the 25th of Sept.

44 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Of course its the beginning of a second wave, their will most likely be a 3rd, 4th and 5th. Nothing about the virus has changed. What has change is more people are out and about. In PA if your in a store you must have a mask on, in NC.....not so much. This will continual in phases until we have a world vaccine or everyone gets it. The big thing is to not overwhelm the hospitals and supply healthcare workers with all the PPP they need. This will Not magically go away like some people think, its here to stay and we need to deal with it. 

Here is Tennessee's Wed, June 10th report.  It reflects what you said.  

Tennessee coronavirus infections hit new peak

Tennessee’s count of people who are actively infected with coronavirus increased by 42% since a low point last month, a possible sign the virus is spreading as the state reopens for business. More Tennesseans currently have the virus than ever before.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roger001 said:

Here is Tennessee's Wed, June 10th report.  It reflects what you said.  

Tennessee coronavirus infections hit new peak

Tennessee’s count of people who are actively infected with coronavirus increased by 42% since a low point last month, a possible sign the virus is spreading as the state reopens for business. More Tennesseans currently have the virus than ever before.

Everyone knew as soon as things start to open up cases would rise. They just need to keep the numbers as low as they can, if they don't I guarantee you places that were making jokes about NYC and all the cases they had and that would never happen to them are going to see those amounts. Everyone must work together and do their part. The virus does not have a political affiliation  

• Like 1

It seems clear that many of the cruises still listed on the NCL website, for which NCL still is accepting reservations, will have to be cancelled or altered.  I checked just a few minutes ago, and all NCL ships except the Jewel, Pearl, and Sun show active cruises each month from August 2020 through the end of 2021.  The Jewel's schedule is open from October through February.  The Pearl has no  cruises listed for October.  The Sun has an open month in January.  There may be a few weeks when other ships will be idle, but none of the others will be laid up for an entire month.  We are booked on B2B cruises on the Pearl from NYC in late August, returning from Quebec in early September.  Most of the scheduled ports are in Canada, so that won't happen.  Still, NCL keeps showing the cruises on the website.

Edited by The Traveling Man
  • Like 1

where did you get this list from? link?

so ny (encore) and Miami (sky)  seems to be 2 of the initial ports.

bliss is in alaska during oct according to ncl website. we know thats not going to happen.
what is her actual embarkation port?

Bliss starts round trips from LA mid October

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

21 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

…hawaii isnt taking cruise ships till 2021 (poa).

20 hours ago, Fredric22 said:

The Hawaii ban on cruises until 2021 is only rumor/speculation.  I believe NCL is hoping to sail from Hawaii with the Oct. 31st sailing.  Whether or not Hawaii will allow it remains to be seen.

Fredric22 is correct. The "rumor" about 2021 is not, in fact, even a rumor, but is simply a misunderstanding of a forecast made by the Hawaii State Department of Business, Economic Development & Tourism in their second quarter 2020 Statistical and Economic Report, which was published on May 22nd. It is not any kind of policy or rule, and is simply the Department's best-guess forecast. Nonetheless, many media outlets inaccurately reported it as some kind of rule.

The full report is available here.

Edited by 98420934

3 hours ago, jbcallender said:

TheJewel had an Azipod failure and is presumably undergoing repairs.  We are on the April 15 2021 sailing, rebooked after the April 17, 2020 cancellation.

Thought Jewel underwent repairs in Honolulu after she limped there with passengers in March/April from Australia/South Pacific. She had to offload the passengers onto chartered flights directly, and had to go thru mandatory repairs before she could sail back to the USA.

NCL cancelled the cruises in the Australia/NZ/South Pacific region for 2020/2021. But maybe they are looking for itineraries to replace. JMO.

Thought Jewel underwent repairs in Honolulu after she limped there with passengers in March/April from Australia/South Pacific. She had to offload the passengers onto chartered flights directly, and had to go thru mandatory repairs before she could sail back to the USA.

NCL cancelled the cruises in the Australia/NZ/South Pacific region for 2020/2021. But maybe they are looking for itineraries to replace. JMO.

I had seen several posts saying the Jewel cruises are cancelled until Feb, 2021. We were/are booked on a NZ cruise in January, 2021 and have not heard anything this week about cancellation and either has our travel agent. She is checking with NCL, but as of today, no response.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

@retired714

Here is the relative section from the NCL email:-

As a result of changes to the redeployment of our fleet, all Norwegian Jewel sailings from September 25, 2020 through February 27, 2021 have been canceled. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you want a full copy of the email drop me an email.

By the way we had two cruises cancelled and have received THREE copies of the email for each cruise so far. 

I wonder if I got yours!!!   VBG

Mike

Edited by casofilia
  • Haha 2

By the way we had two cruises cancelled and have received THREE copies of the email for each cruise so far.  

I wonder if I got yours!!!   VBG

TA will be off for the weekend, if we don’t hear  by Monday, I will get back yo you - thank you

I thought I got two copies of the cancellation email but in fact the 2nd was titled "UPDATE: Norwegian Jewel 12.06.2020 Cancelation"

The first, titled "Norwegian Jewel 12.06.2020 Cancelation" says this: 

Please be advised that a full refund will be automatically returned to the form of payment provided at the time of booking. As we are sure you share our disappointment, we have issued a future cruise credit, worth 10% of the price paid for your previously scheduled cruise. This credit can be used for up to one year from today's date and can be applied towards any of our currently published sailings between January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2022. The future cruise credit will be available on June 15, 2020.

The second, updated version says this:

Please be advised that a full refund will be automatically returned to the form of payment provided at the time of booking. As we are sure you share our disappointment, we have issued a future cruise credit, worth 10% toward your future cruise. This credit can be used for up to one year from today's date and can be applied towards any of our currently published sailings between January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2022. The future cruise credit will be available on June 15, 2020. This offer supersedes the previously communicated future cruise credit information.

I had to read through them several times to spot the difference so I've put the difference in bold here

Edited by pantherpaw
clarification

@pantherpaw

Thank you, I hadn't noticed that.   Too much small print, I would have imagined that they would have bolded and/or italicised the change!!!!

A warning, if it is like the one we received after the shambles on the Spirit it will not be visible to you in the "My Coupons and Credits" in "My Account".

It only appears on your file held by your NCL booking office.   After the 15th if my expectation is correct I suggest that you check with NCL.

I only found out about the Spirit one on here (Cruise Critic) and had to contact Sydney to get confirmation.

Mike