30 Days, 60 Days, 90 Days, Do I Hear 120?

SargassoPirate

13 hours ago, Coral said:

I doubt it. I was an 89 dayer and there were several on my 2 sailings who were settled the same week mine was and they did not dispute. I did. A lot of those that are taking awhile are those of us who cancelled before the Pause and also those sailings in March that happened right when the pause happened. I waited pretty long before I disputed.

I waited around 75 days before I disputed. I thought that was more than adequate. They paid on day 89.

I think they just have an inefficient system.

12 hours ago, By The Bay said:

I haven't filed a CC dispute and I have not received a refund. I have received the FCC.

9 hours ago, mthomp5 said:

Yeah, I was wondering the same.  And it’s what the Princess rep seemed to indicate.  But many here on CC have disputed and received their refund more quickly than I.  My mom hasn’t disputed and we were on the same cruise.  She has received nothing...not even goodwill FCC. I at least received that.  No rhyme or reason. 

Well, it was just a theory I was musing on and threw it out there.  I guess the real story is that refunds are mostly random and come when they come.

• Like 2

Our 19 day Princess Cruise  Panama cruise was to start April 21st and end May 10th 2020.  Aboard Coral Princess Princess Cruise Lines cancelled all future cruise  departures for their entire fleet ending May 10th

We were offered 2 options like many others. 1 option was a 125% Future Cruise Credit a higher value and the 2nd option was a full refund with a 25% FCC a lower value.  At first we hesitated and wanted to wait and see what future developments occurred but this Covid-19 pandemic is not going away and the deadline  to apply was looming. 

Patience  is a virtue but when it comes to money it doesn't apply. We got similar emails and we even contacted our TA. She was helpful but getting through to Princess Cruise Lines was an all day affair. 

We started to send e mails and the last one seemed to get prompt response  and we received an e mail Monday June  8th that our refund was processed and credited to our credit card. It was processed May 29th. We hadnt checked our statement and we thought odd  that the e mail came after the refund by 11 days. Not to be a part pooper but we got our refund 109 days after Princess cancelled the cruise. If you have your member number and booking number go online and send them an e mai and enquire if ey are any where near processing your refund when you can expect to receive it.

Good luck  

• Like 1

We had cancelled our August cruise back in early April about a month before Princess cancelled this and other cruises, so I am wondering if our refund will get lost in the deluge of all the cancellations that were made a month later.  Anyone have a similar situation?  Past the 60 days now.

• Like 1

Received credit for cruise to our credit card and FCC to our Princess account.. Still waiting for taxes, fees and port expenses credit.No e-mail received, found it it by checking our accounts. Took 60 days (5/29) from cruise departure date (3/29)

Edited by travellover39
  • Thanks 1

Had two cruises cancelled

Carnival - sail date was April 6th - they cancelled the cruise on March 18th - we asked for a full refund.  We had two cabins fully paid for.  Got one cabin refunded on June 1 (day 73) and the other was split refund June 11, & 12th (day 84 & 85)

Princess - due to sail on May 16th - they cancelled April 14th - asked for full refund.  NOTHING YET (today is day 59)

I disputed both on my credit card.

19 hours ago, WF2747 said:

We had cancelled our August cruise back in early April about a month before Princess cancelled this and other cruises, so I am wondering if our refund will get lost in the deluge of all the cancellations that were made a month later.  Anyone have a similar situation?  Past the 60 days now.

Me too, cancelled on 18 March and the agent said it was done, heard nothing since

Still no refund on our end.  We were on the March 14 Regal cruise cancelled by Princess.  We have not talked to our credit card company yet.  We have called princess 2xs and they said both times you are close.  This is a very strange situation.  This was to be our first Princess cruise.  I so wish we had chosen another line.  Big mistake.  A $5500 mistake.

• Like 1

We cancelled our Mar 29 b2b on Mar 11 and rec'd our 25% refund next day.  Princess cancelled that cruise a week or so later.  We chose option 2, lower value.  The rest of our refund plus excursions just came through yesterday so it was about 80+ days or so.

We saw it as a sunk cost and never had a worry or concern about a refund.  We are not wealthy by any stretch as well.  Just my opinion, but it seems an unhealthy practice to lose even a second of sleep over a cruise refund.

• Like 1

Glad for all of you who have received refunds and/or FCCs.  My DH is not dwelling on it, but I can't stop getting more irritated by the second waiting for ours...we're over the 90 day mark now....at 94....

Edited by Cruzinnana47
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

Glad for all of you who have received refunds and/or FCCs.  My DH is not dwelling on it, but I can't stop getting more irritated by the second waiting for ours...we're over the 90 day mark now....at 94....

I am becoming really stressed with it all, just don't understand why they can't press a button and refund as promised. When I cancelled, March 18th, I was told it was done, there was nothing said about waiting for it so they lied..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, darknightsdespiser said:

I am becoming really stressed with it all, just don't understand why they can't press a button and refund as promised. When I cancelled, March 18th, I was told it was done, there was nothing said about waiting for it so they lied..

did you book with a TA or Princess?  UK ?

i haven’t read all your posts, did you dispute with credit card?

i have not had any trouble getting through to Princess by phone in past month. 

7 hours ago, dog said:

Maybe just unlucky but back at work next week so no more time to hang on phones

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dog said:

He/she lives in Scotland - their phone situation maybe different. Who knows how Princess is staffed over there at call centers.

Edited by Coral

1 minute ago, Coral said:

He/she lives in Scotland - their phone situation maybe different. Who knows how Princess is staffed over there at call centers.

Yes, I realized that after I asked. Someone else in UK says they are ready to file dispute with credit card. No contact with TA or Princess. 

1 minute ago, dog said:

Yes, I realized that after I asked. Someone else in UK says they are ready to file dispute with credit card. No contact with TA or Princess. 

I have to say up until the last 5 days before my refund arrived, calling Princess was worthless and just raised my blood pressure. I got a lot of odd comments that was frustrating "your booking looks odd, I don't know why you don't have a refund, most everyone has their FCC by now, etc...". They were not productive phone calls.

I cancelled my October cruise and was told to expect a refund in thirty days.  At the thirty day mark, I was told that the refund period had been extended to 60 days.  I called Princess Cruises after 61 days and was told that there is no estimated time frame to return my refund.  Princess has since cancelled the cruise.  I have filed a dispute with my credit card company and will let them deal with Princess.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LSGDRG said:

I cancelled my October cruise and was told to expect a refund in thirty days.  At the thirty day mark, I was told that the refund period had been extended to 60 days.  I called Princess Cruises after 61 days and was told that there is no estimated time frame to return my refund.  Princess has since cancelled the cruise.  I have filed a dispute with my credit card company and will let them deal with Princess.  

Sounds familiar, except I have a cruise for August that I canceled about a month before they did.  First told me 60 days. Called Friday at day 70 and they will not give me any estimate.  I think at this rate I would not expect my refund until at least October or November at the very earliest.  I am going to call my credit card company tomorrow. 

• Like 1

I cancelled our June 3rd Alaska cruise/tour on March 23rd, 10 days before the 100% refund period ended, and was told at that time by my TA that it would take 30 days for the refund.  Of course, that never happened and then it moved to 60 days, again, nothing.  Against my TA's advice, I filed a dispute with my CC company at day 73 and had the 'provisional' credit a day later. I have lost all confidence in Princess since mine should have been a simple cancellation with full refund.  Instead I got thrown in with everyone else once the cruise was cancelled a month after my cancellation.  I didn't want to wait for Princess to say they've run out of money and file bankruptcy.  Hope it doesn't happen but wasn't willing to take that chance.  I'm not done with cruising, just done with Princess.

• Like 1