Is Celebrity Giving Us A "Restart" Hint?

york survey

9 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Putting in my two cents about the sinks.  As has been said, sinks were installed on some ships (including new or renovated Celebrity ships) long before anyone heard of Covid-19.  They were intended for the purpose of preventing outbreaks such as norovirus.  Rarely saw anyone using them (although we did) but I'll bet that would change now.  I do think that if cruising starts any time soon we will be asked to maintain a physical distance of at least several feet.  Perhaps not 6 or more like currently, but some distance.  Things will not be anything close to 'normal' cruising - we can only hope the changes are reasonable enough that we can still enjoy the cruise without constantly being worried about getting sick. 

I was on the last full voyage of Reflection.  The virus was starting to spread worldwide and into the US, and I can tell you that there was certainly some tension onboard.  It was hard to fully relax as we learned more about the dangers involved.  We also, like others, had anxiety about upcoming cruises in the near term (for us, it would have been two weeks after disembarkation had it still sailed).  I just don't want to ever cruise again under those circumstances.  Being on a noro ship is bad enough (been in that situation a few times) but at least it won't kill you.

Thank you for this post.  We were scheduled on the March 6th Silhouette Cruise and had to cancel for unexpected health reasons a few weeks earlier.  It ended up being a less than pleasant sailing for those onboard with 2 stops back in FL the first 3 days for sick passengers.  After it returned there were a number of COVID-19 cases reported.  

We hated to cancel, luckily had insurance and were fully reimbursed and so glad we missed being on that sailing as it would not have been relaxing.

Finally the health issue has been resolved but my recommendation, always take the insurance.

• Like 1

Maybe they need to use walk-in decontamination chambers outside the buffet.  Like in the movies.  Walk-in, doors close, you get sprayed with disinfectants, hit with UV light, go through a drying cycle.  Ready to eat.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Maybe they need to use walk-in decontamination chambers outside the buffet.  Like in the movies.  Walk-in, doors close, you get sprayed with disinfectants, hit with UV light, go through a drying cycle.  Ready to eat.

LOL! Even I wouldn’t sail under those circumstances, and I’m desperate! Although, if they put it on the pool,deck, next to the hot tub...

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Best idea I've heard in a long time.  /s

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Cool idea for surface transmission, but we have to figure out what to do about the breathing and coughing thing! Maybe Lysol shots?

On 6/21/2020 at 5:11 PM, C-Dragons said:

Thanks, I had forgotten about the E- class ships having a washing station in the buffets.  🤦‍♀️

They are communal troughs..too much splashing  if others are using the  area near you. Nice idea but poorly executed! 

4 hours ago, hcat said:

They are communal troughs..too much splashing  if others are using the  area near you. Nice idea but poorly executed! 

We never used them, prefer to use our own hand sanitizer. 😊

• Like 1

5 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

We never used them, prefer to use our own hand sanitizer. 😊

This is just wrong! Washing is the only effective way to prevent Covid 19, sanitizer is less effective and only to be used when washing isn't possible. 

8 hours ago, BigAl94 said:

This is just wrong! Washing is the only effective way to prevent Covid 19, sanitizer is less effective and only to be used when washing isn't possible. 

I believe avoiding contact is the only way to prevent communicable diseases but for those who must have contact, wash, wash, wash those hands.

Social distancing, avoiding any place where other people gather.

The Darwin award goes to all those who think gathering in large crowds poses no risk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Thanks for posting this.  Hopefully people waiting for cancellations to apply for refunds will be happier.

we are happy to have this clarified... also received an email from celebrity today informing us of our Aug/Sept Med cruise being cancelled!

Offered onboard credit but think we’ll take the refund! Good luck to everyone else who has had their holiday cancelled?

9 hours ago, BigAl94 said:

I don't know what the guidelines of the NIH are regarding this subject, but I can assure you that our CDC guidelines state the hand sanitizer which has at least 60% alcohol in it is perfectly acceptable for disinfecting hands.

Edited by C-Dragons

5 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

I don't know what the guidelines of the NIH are regarding this subject, but Incan assure you that our CDC guidelines state the hand sanitizer which has at least 60% alcohol in it is perfectly acceptable for disinfecting hands.

For both washing and hand sanitizer, there is a recommended amount of time for rubbing your hands thoroughly.

Hand sanitizer can kill or deactivate the virus, but if you miss some they are still there. But washing is considered better because the act of rinsing while rubbing also helps remove the virus and its remnants from your skin.

I mentioned shots of Lysol as a joke, unrelated in my mind to the reference by the Prez. So, of course, someone needed to take a potshot about it.

Please let it go, on both sides. I should have said Jack Daniels or Vodka! (The tequila suggestion was appreciated, too!)

11 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

I don't know what the guidelines of the NIH are regarding this subject, but Incan assure you that our CDC guidelines state the hand sanitizer which has at least 60% alcohol in it is perfectly acceptable for disinfecting hands.

Just to clarify, CDC says that hand washing is best, but sanitizer is acceptable if hand washing isn't possible:

Use Hand Sanitizer When You Can’t Use Soap and Water

Washing hands with soap and water is the best way to get rid of germs in most situations. If soap and water are not readily available, you can use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. You can tell if the sanitizer contains at least 60% alcohol by looking at the product label.

I thought the virus was supposed to go away in the summer and come back in the fall.  So many states getting 4000 plus cases a day now with no end in site,  I hate to see what it will be like in the fall.  Then add to this the regular flu and noro etc. At this rate I cannot see sailings for at least another year from now and Celebrity just sent me an email asking for final payment on a Sept. cruise.