Cruise Stop 7a-3p

disneyfan551

Good morning!  This will be our first time visiting Curacao (2 adults, 4-18 yo's) and I'm super excited!  I typically book directly through vendors for excursions, not the ship, and would love your advice.  (Yes, I have read MANY pages on this board & others!)  Most of the time at a beach with maybe an hour to shop/look around would be my first thoughts.  My only concern is that our time in port is limited...7a-3p.  Suggestions are greatly appreciated!  

The first time we were on Curacao, we spent some time walking around and shopping. Willemstad is a lovely, walkable town with a mix of touristy and European-type shopping as well as good restaurants. There are a few historical sights and, of course, the famous floating bridge. After that, we ended up taking a small bus tour that covered other areas of the city and island and included some beach time. We didn't plan that ahead, but rather picked one of the tour operators offering tours from downtown.

Many people go to Mambo Beach, which has changed since we were last there, but current information is likely available on this board/elsewhere online. You can get a taxi from downtown for your group, and arrange for a return or pick up a taxi from those waiting at the beach. You'd probably wanted to head to the beach first thing and allow some time afterward to look around downtown before returning to the ship.

Curacao is one of my favorite islands been there several times. Definitely walk around town and see Willamsted, beautiful town, great people and one of the most inviting and friendly vibes in the southern Caribbean. Always a place to get a bite to eat and great bars if you need a drink. Shopping is awesome. Have fun Todd

• 2 weeks later...