8 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

That's great!

If masks are required all the times when you are outside of your cabin I doubt anyone will be cruising.

Thanks. The company that terminated me offered me my position back with a 50% increase in pay to liquidate the store. It's only for about 8 weeks but the way this Sh^t show is going I may be there until the end of the year if a permanent job doesn't come up first. At double the pay it's not worth it with the hours I put in.  But at least I'm making money and I can go back on unemployment when this gig ends. I hope masks aren't needed when cruising starts because after a while you can't even think straight. I don't know how these nurses and Doctors do it.

Also I hope that the cruise lines come out of this because it's been hell all week telling people that their store credit and gift cards are no longer good. They originally had until April 15 to redeem them but we were closed. I feel their pain and I really think they should extend them 30 days which was the original plan before covid but they aren't budging. The bank makes the rules. So all I'm saying, whether it's a gift card to a department store or FCC from a cruise company use them or lose them. There are a lot of retailers not coming out of this. The company that is running our liquidation is booked solid for the next few years. His companies business has never been better.

It is apparently a struggle for a few cruise passenger candidates to understand the difference between wanting to wear a mask on a cruise (almost no one does) and needing to wear one for proactive health safety purposes.

Want to or not...cruises, stores, airlines events, and other activities will likely require them for some time to come.

Unless people choose to become hermits or else knowingly expose others to potential health risk...masks will be around in the forseeablw future.

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Have we talked about what colours are acceptable for formal night?

Whatever color you choose it should match your cumerbun, bow tie and pocket square. Maybe the rental company will add it to the package.

29 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Whatever color you choose it should match your cumerbun, bow tie and pocket square. Maybe the rental company will add it to the package.

That sounds super appealing.  Not only will your suit smell of dry cleaning and moth balls, but you will get to breathe thru the same mask as....

eww.

jc

Just waited 5 hours in the Manila airport to take a 16 hour non-stop flight to JFK.  In the airport masks and social distancing were required, so only half the seats were available.  Once on the Philippine Airlines plane masks were required at all times except eating and drinking, saw total compliance.  There is no way I want to ever wear a mask for that long again, I was fed up with it by the time I got on the plane.  All the seats were sold except about 10 on a 3-3-3 seating configuration.  No distancing on the plane, none at the checked luggage merrygoround.  Have had 5 cruises cancelled, not looking to cruise with a mask ever. 

20 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

That sounds super appealing.  Not only will your suit smell of dry cleaning and moth balls, but you will get to breathe thru the same mask as....

eww.

jc

I would hope that they let you keep the mask. 

2 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Apparently the entire cruise industry shares that “opinion” based on planed health measures upon resumption of cruising...

You have some inside source to the plans for reopening cruising? Mostly what I have heard is a lot of ...we don't know yet.

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Exactly. 

I also think that, because of that reason, the date of August 1 is looking more and more like a pipe dream with every day that goes by.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

You have some inside source to the plans for reopening cruising? Mostly what I have heard is a lot of ...we don't know yet.

There are meetings virtually every day where this topic is being discussed in Miami...and plans being crafted and documentation being prepared. The final version is a work in progress publicly...but plenty of internal planning going on.  Yes. I know someone who is involved in a couple of the meeting sessions on this topic.

40 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I also think that, because of that reason, the date of August 1 is looking more and more like a pipe dream with every day that goes by.

It wouldn't come as a shock to some folks that the target date will get pushed back (again)...

3 hours ago, mugtech said:

Just waited 5 hours in the Manila airport to take a 16 hour non-stop flight to JFK.  In the airport masks and social distancing were required, so only half the seats were available.  Once on the Philippine Airlines plane masks were required at all times except eating and drinking, saw total compliance. 

Glad to hear you are finally on way home 👍😊