Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

29 minutes ago, Blue_Flame said:

I, for one, did NOT do the cooking activity, but received 10 points when I expected 9: Australia quiz (2); post a crew picture (2); webinar (5). 

To quote an old movie:  "with nine you get eggroll" 🤣

On 6/25/2020 at 11:41 AM, NutsAboutGolf said:

I wonder how many total points they'll give out?

I think those who were 5 or less points away from the next tier are thrilled to know they get extra perks/benefits on their next cruise

Indeed! Just achieved Elite status by doing the latest Power Up Points challenge.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Well, I got 5 fewer than expected.  I never seem to get credit for watching their videos.  Guess I won't waste my time on them any more.

It sounds like you may have too many CC points so they're redistributing them to those in more need. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

It sounds like you may have too many CC points so they're redistributing them to those in more need. 🤣

I might be willing to invest some time in phone calls for this if it were a difference between my making Elite or Elite+, but there is such a vast gulf between Elite+ and Zenith that it seems a waste of time.  Plus I never think to take a screen shot or whatever to prove I actually watched their stupid video even though I get a message saying your points will be credited next month or something like that.  I'll only get to Zenith by cruising.  So far, I've had 10 cruises cancelled.  So it will take a while.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, garyl62 said:

When this month's points were credited to our accounts, several people (myself included) commented that they received 1 more CC point than expected.  Has anyone figured out why, or how that happened?  

You must have received mine & my DH we were supposed to get 2 points each but only got 1 each.  No idea why so enjoy!

On 4/19/2021 at 3:41 PM, Luckysbud said:

FYI, last Wednesday, April 14, to my email came my DH’s name and Captain’s Club #, the next chance to earn Power Up points - he never received mine or any. We called Captain's Club and were told there must have been some sort of snafu, and told to check our contact information. We immediately checked each of our info, and re-signed up, but aren’t sure until the next chance for Power Up points comes out.  So, if you fellow thread members would, please share whenever the next chance comes out, so any and all of us will be sure to also take advantage of opportunity, we’d all be most appreciative!!!

I never get the correct emails from Celebrity even after 63 cruises, they come to me but the name on them is my DH.  It doesn’t matter how many times we have signed up under our own emails Celebrity never gets it right.  Just be thankful you got it, as half the time I find out on CC.

I'm very late to the game here on the power up points.

There are also 105 pages of posts so I apologize for not reading through them all.

My question is: are any of these power up points events still available to go back and do or are they each time sensitive.  I just did the most recent one regarding the quizzes on Caribbean and Mediterranean startup sailings...

Thank you.

38 minutes ago, Shadow9612 said:

I'm very late to the game here on the power up points.

There are also 105 pages of posts so I apologize for not reading through them all.

My question is: are any of these power up points events still available to go back and do or are they each time sensitive.  I just did the most recent one regarding the quizzes on Caribbean and Mediterranean startup sailings...

Thank you.

Each activity has a "complete by date" so you can't do the old ones, but if you follow this thread you won't miss any of the upcoming ones. Everyone on here is great about letting each other know when opportunities arise and when points are given. I for one really appreciate it!!

• Like 2

Received this invite to a reveal about the Beyond, but no PUPs for this.

Will probably attend anyway. 🙂

There was a link, but it was specific to this email, and now goes to "You've already registered"

sky

Your recipe for a delicious Valentine's Day
We’re going to change the way travelers experience the world—again. So, you won’t want to miss this sneak peek at Celebrity BeyondSM, the next ship in our award-winning Edge® Series.

On Wednesday, April 28, tune in to the Celebrity Cruises YouTube channel for the Celebrity Beyond Reveal. Join President and CEO of Celebrity Cruises, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, along with the world-renowned designers and partners who helped us create a revolutionary ship with even more space to lose yourself in and more luxury to love. An exclusive loyalty Q&A with Lisa Lutoff-Perlo and team will follow.

We look forward to seeing you there.

The Reveal
DATE: Wednesday, April 28, 2021
TIME: 12:00 pm EDT

Loyalty Q&A
DATE: Wednesday, April 28, 2021
TIME: 2:30 pm EDT

4 hours ago, rakes5 said:

Received this invite to a reveal about the Beyond, but no PUPs for this.

Will probably attend anyway. 🙂

There was a link, but it was specific to this email, and now goes to "You've already registered"

I created a separate thread for this event, since it's not directly PUP-related: 

It does however seem that it's not a European/Scandinavian-only event, as you and a Canadian user have also received the invite.

6 minutes ago, mikkelhansen said:

I created a separate thread for this event, since it's not directly PUP-related: 

It does however seem that it's not a European/Scandinavian-only event, as you and a Canadian user have also received the invite.

We received ours on April 8.

So, Celebrity has created a monster.  Give people PowerUp points for watching, and like Pavlov's dog we learn:  no points, no signups!  [And they thought we loved them for the quality of their webinars...]

• Haha 5

29 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

So, Celebrity has created a monster.  Give people PowerUp points for watching, and like Pavlov's dog we learn:  no points, no signups!  [And they thought we loved them for the quality of their webinars...]

Thank you for the smile today - best post of the day :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/4/2020 at 1:45 PM, Luckysbud said:

We’ve been closely following this thread.  We got our notification via email late this past Tuesday (December 1) notifying this cruise has been cancelled - much later than some others.  

Wednesday, we called our TA (we’ve used them for 10 years now), explained the issue, and requested the Lift & Shift. We left a phone number because we were told it could take a while with the huge volume of calls Celebrity was getting from many others.  We also let them know of the issues we’ve been reading of here regarding little willingness to honor Celebrity’s policy by finding some lame excuse to disallow - like the current “it’s a holiday” excuse.   We waited.  Several hours later, the call finally came, and it was approved with the under $2.00 difference for taxes.  We were told that Celebrity tried to make excuses, but our TA  was persistent with the facts, and Celebrity finally approved the change for us.

Our suggestions, since you are doing it by yourself:

- charge up your phone!  
- have all the Celebrity Lift & Shift requirements known and ready at hand 

- remind them of all of us who have already gone through this process, and been approved

- ask for a Supervisor - go up the ladder of responsibility/authority

- be patient and kind, but very firm.

You have all of us behind you cheering you on.  Celebrity is trying to recoup lost $$$$ by following bad advice.  After being told of our approval, we told our TA of our unhappiness with the new “inclusive” pricing policy - that with the new huge rate increases, we’d end up more than paying for.  She agreed (she’s hearing this often), and told us she’d pass on out thoughts to Celebrity.  It’s up to you whether you mention this or not.

Wishing you much very good luck.  All of us here are cheering you on, and looking forward to seeing you April 3, 2022!!!🛳🌊☀️

On 12/4/2020 at 6:23 PM, CrusinCanadian said:

My tale of woe continues, I called Celebrity again today, the initial Agent I spoke with asked for a minute to review my file.  She then reiterated what I had been told before.  I asked to speak with a Supervisor and went through my story with her, but she would not budge she said that the 2021 cruise was "redeployed" and I was not eligible for a lift and shift - she said I could have a 7 day cruise in May 2022 or a 12 day in September 2021.  But not the April 3, 2022 sailing. I let them know that I was a member of Cruise Critic and that people had indeed made the lift and shift, and she asked for reservation numbers, which of course I don't have and because it is none of my business.  She then said I had to take people on Cruise Critic with a "grain of salt".   I asked the Supervisor to put me through to someone else to plead my case, but she said there was no one else. 

Friends of ours are in the exact same situation, she was on the phone simultaneously with another Supervisor making her case, but she was only offered the 7 day May cruise. They told her that whoever received the lift and shift from May 2, 2021 to April 3, 2022, were going to be called and the lift and shift cancelled.....I think not.  I feel that because neither she nor I have a travel agent, we have no clout and we are unimportant to Celebrity.  They have our money... they will not give us an equivalent cruise and will not refund, they would however enjoy another $4000 to go with the money I already provided to receive a 12 day cruise.  I was provided with an email address, but I am not expecting success.  Thank you everyone for responding to my earlier post and rooting for me.  I truly wish I could join you in April 2022. 

PS:  RedneckBob, the Supervisor said all of April is the Easter Holiday Sailing, even though Easter Sunday is actually April 17, go figure.

On 4/21/2021 at 8:21 PM, If only said:

I also received email this morning as last chance for Beyond reveal.  

No email for me or my DH. No problems as long as no points are to be given. 

Have not received any more emails to earn more points this month so far (hoping for more before end of month).  I think we have earned 4 points total in April.  Anyone else have a different PUP/ CC points count of earned points for April?

Would love another 50 PUP/ 5 CC points to end April!  😀

Edited by shipshape sam

I received none for the webinar and the Australia Quiz. Did not really expect a point for the photos of a past cruise (wife standing opposite Equinox in Key West).

Just cancelled a cruise on Reflection today. A concierge 12 nighter booked when they were offering double points end November. Transferred the deposit to a Veranda balcony on a Norwegian cruise in 2023.  I hoped to recieve 120 points thus enter me into the sanctified world of Elite(!).

I booked (well transferred a booking too) a 14 nighter Solstice cruise ex-Singapore. Booked this a couple of days after the Reflection cruise whilst the promo was on. The promo limited to one booking. Asked the agent if I would now receive the double points on the Solstice cruise as I was considering paying the supplement to Concierge so that I would gain 140 points to enter Elite. The basic answer was that the computer would do this after the cruise and she, or Captains Club could not answer that. Thus am reluctant to spend the extra cash on upgrading as I may not receive the extra points. Any views?

Last May I had a really great deal on a Suite ex- Southampton to Spain and France which would have accumulated the necessary points. £2000 for 8 nights....

5 hours ago, hawkesbaynz said:

I received none for the webinar and the Australia Quiz. Did not really expect a point for the photos of a past cruise (wife standing opposite Equinox in Key West).

Just cancelled a cruise on Reflection today. A concierge 12 nighter booked when they were offering double points end November. Transferred the deposit to a Veranda balcony on a Norwegian cruise in 2023.  I hoped to recieve 120 points thus enter me into the sanctified world of Elite(!).

I booked (well transferred a booking too) a 14 nighter Solstice cruise ex-Singapore. Booked this a couple of days after the Reflection cruise whilst the promo was on. The promo limited to one booking. Asked the agent if I would now receive the double points on the Solstice cruise as I was considering paying the supplement to Concierge so that I would gain 140 points to enter Elite. The basic answer was that the computer would do this after the cruise and she, or Captains Club could not answer that. Thus am reluctant to spend the extra cash on upgrading as I may not receive the extra points. Any views?

Last May I had a really great deal on a Suite ex- Southampton to Spain and France which would have accumulated the necessary points. £2000 for 8 nights....

I would get someone up the 'food chain' from Celebrity to indicate you would receive points, in writing.  Then I think you have some chance of getting them.

When Azamara was part of the family, I booked a double points cruise.  As a solo, I asked for and received an email confirming I would receive 'double-double' points (x4).  My invoice also reflected that.  Definitely get your x2 points in writing.  BTW, X doesn't allow solos to have the additional double points even though paying double.  Very annoying with the AI pricing now.